Joey Essex is on This Week Oh dear

2»

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I am so sorry that I missed this!!
    I hope it is repeated. Joey Essex is a bit dim - but a loveable member of our public (celebrity that he is). He is innocent anyway, and deserved to be there!
    Are politicians any brighter in the ways of the world??

Try Iplayer stuff like This Week, Hard Talk and the like are usually on there for a while.
    I downloaded it but the program got on my nerves so much, I stopped watching it before silly bollox turned up, I'll probably delete it now, under the 'who gives a $hit' ruling.

I really have had it with current affairs, unless it's a comedic take on it, NewsQuiz, Newsjack, etc.

Edit here you go
    There's a picture of Portillo and Nile Rodgers, I wonder what Nile Rodgers has to say about British politics, apart from his Tax affairs.
    That said he'd probably better informed that Joey silly bollox.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be in the position where you've got somebody interviewing the four main party leaders in the lead up to a general election, to say that this is a wasted opportunity would be the understatement of the year.

Part of me wonders if the programme makers themselves are so out of touch rwith average people that they genuinely think that everyone loves Joey Essex and that we'll think that he represents the general public and we'll relate to him.

There was a satirical comedy film called Idiocracy made in 2006 and set 500 years in the future, which predicts that in the future society has dumbed down to such a level that even the celebrities who are also thick are put into positions of power and adored.
    They got it wrong. Their future projection was 500 years too far as we're just about there right now.

I think that Joey Essex is an Eloi from H.G. Wells Time Machine. The race of humans in the far future childlike but devoid of knowledge having let the books crumble. We just seem to have got there quicker. :(
    I am so sorry that I missed this!!
    I hope it is repeated. Joey Essex is a bit dim - but a loveable member of our public (celebrity that he is). He is innocent anyway, and deserved to be there!
    Are politicians any brighter in the ways of the world??

I don't find him loveable at all. Celebrating stupidity is ridiculous. The party leaders should be asking where he went to school and finding out why he and the Essex, TOWIE crowd are so thick.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I think that Joey Essex is an Eloi from H.G. Wells Time Machine. The race of humans in the far future childlike but devoid of knowledge having let the books crumble. We just seem to have got there quicker. :(

I don't find him loveable at all. Celebrating stupidity is ridiculous. The party leaders should be asking where he went to school and finding out why he and the Essex, TOWIE crowd are so thick.
    The schools he attended should be named and shamed! As should the person who asked him to appear on This Week, and then fired.
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    The schools he attended should be named and shamed! As should the person who asked him to appear on This Week, and then fired.

Not sure how Schools can be blamed for people's 'incuriousity' if that's a word.
    If Joey doesn't know that David Cameron is the PM you can't blame that on his School.

The Chunky Blonde woman from Towie (Gemma?) was on Ch4's 8 out of 10 Cats, ages a go, she made some comment that people her age didn't watch the news.
    Most of the panel just turned and looked at her dumbfounded, but it seemed to be her honest opinion and belief.
    I think they gave her a minor ribbing over it, but it was like mocking the afflicted and she wasn't unpleasant so they didn't go 'at her'
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how Schools can be blamed for people's 'incuriousity' if that's a word.
    If Joey doesn't know that David Cameron is the PM you can't blame that on his School.

The Chunky Blonde woman from Towie (Gemma?) was on Ch4's 8 out of 10 Cats, ages a go, she made some comment that people her age didn't watch the news.
    Most of the panel just turned and looked at her dumbfounded, but it seemed to be her honest opinion and belief.
    I think they gave her a minor ribbing over it, but it was like mocking the afflicted and she wasn't unpleasant so they didn't go 'at her'
    I was being slightly tongue in cheek but it does make you wonder after 12 or so years of compulsory education.

What I would like to ask this apparent ignoramus is very simple. Joey, tell us what you actually do know about? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I was being slightly tongue in cheek but it does make you wonder after 12 or so years of compulsory education.

What I would like to ask this apparent ignoramus is very simple. Joey, tell us what you actually do know about? :confused:

Well given how dopey he seems to be in the couple of clips I've seen of him, his teachers must have had a hell of a job getting anything to 'stick' at all.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now the Today programme on R4 is discussing the village-idiot's TOWIE-speak.

The world has officially gone to hell.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    And now the Today programme on R4 is discussing the village-idiot's TOWIE-speak.

I take it this is another tongue in cheek joke?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it this is another tongue in cheek joke?

Sadly, no.....
    Forum Member

Sadly, no.....

Sorry you must be joking, they're discussing 'the village-idiot's TOWIE-speak' would you like to rephrase that into English.

Give it a rest with the world gone to hell nonsense.
    How has it gone to hell exactly, flesh your point out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you must be joking, they're discussing 'the village-idiot's TOWIE-speak' would you like to rephrase that into English.

Give it a rest with the world gone to hell nonsense.
    How has it gone to hell exactly, flesh your point out.

It's not obligatory for antagonistic to be your default, y'know? Maybe now and again you could try not being confrontational for no good reason.

Heard of iPlayer? Check it out for yourself!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Schools should inspire kids to want to know things.
    Forum Member
    It's not obligatory for antagonistic to be your default, y'know? Maybe now and again you could try not being confrontational for no good reason.

Heard of iPlayer? Check it out for yourself!

You're trying to have a go at Joey and pointing out the irony of 'the village-idiot's TOWIE-speak' is been confrontational.