Louis and Mel "almost certainly aren’t re-signing"

dillandillan Posts: 2,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.heatworld.com/2015/04/cheryl-fernandez-versini-gets-huge-pay-rise-after-signing-up-for-x-factor-return#.VTJWZCFViko

The source is The Sun. They also confirm that Cheryl is back and she's getting paid £500,000 more than she did last time.

Comments

• jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Louis, this song springs to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M I just hope he doesn't persuade simon to have him back. I don't buy that he wanted to go, he just said that so that it didn't appear he was really given the boot. I think if simon asked him back he would jump at the chance

Regarding Mel,im quite surprised!! I thought she did good last year and I thought simon would want her back

im surprised Cheryl's back. she wasn't the same last year but I suppose with her last album not doing that well, what else was she gunna do?
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't give a crap about Louis as he should've been gone a long time ago, but it's a shame about Mel. I'd have preferred her back over the nonentity that is Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( Mel is the only one I personally would have liked to see return, I don't mind Cheryl but I'm long over her being on the show.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised she is out as she was a pretty disastrous and unpleasant mentor
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I thought Mel was the only good thing about last year, she ran that panel single handedly and added alot, the others were shocking, boring and added nothing. Like I've said before, it's stupid and I ain't watching
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl was a much better judge last year than in 2008-2010 but giving her two million to return is ridiculous. I could understand giving Louis Walsh that amount to return because he is a iconic fixture of X Factor but if this is true, Cheryl is being way over-paid here IMO.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl was a much better judge last year than in 2008-2010 but giving her two million to return is ridiculous. I could understand giving Louis Walsh that amount to return because he is a iconic fixture of X Factor but if this is true, Cheryl is being way over-paid here IMO.

I think the money is just a way to make sure they get Cheryl back. They want to make sure she comes back for another season and it looks like the pay rise seems to be the only way to get her.
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I think the money is just a way to make sure they get Cheryl back. They want to make sure she comes back for another season and it looks like the pay rise seems to be the only way to get her.

Why???? She added nothing to the show last year. Mel would have been the only one I'd like to have seen come back. The more I hear about the show the more it sound s like it's becoming a joke.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl was the dullest judge last year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    Why???? She added nothing to the show last year. Mel would have been the only one I'd like to have seen come back. The more I hear about the show the more it sound s like it's becoming a joke.

I know. I personally did not rate Mel B as a mentor last year, but she was the most interesting judge on the panel. I won't be watching this year, considering Caroline Flack and Tulisa. Tulisa is a good mentor, but her and Cheryl will be too much like each other, which is going to be bland. At least with Mel B and Cheryl, they weren't the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

I doubt it is. X Factor is probably quite a help for her in terms of promoting her music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

She was the only one who spoke any sense a lot of the time. Much better than her judging stint between 2008-2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Completely agree.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B is probably not back due to her personal issues.
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B was at least interesting.

What does Cheryl actually do as a judge?
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Nicole Scherzinger could come back .
    Cheryl but she doesn't makes the best decisions choosing the acts. Cheryl probably needs the show more than the show needs her.
    Mel B was the most upfront honest really hope she comes back her and Cheryl worked well.

There's a new article saying Louis may be back after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a link to rumours about Mel B not returning to the UK show. There are comments praising Mel B from Daily Mail users.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3051491/Simon-Cowell-fired-Mel-B-X-Factor-just-one-series.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So to revamp the show they got rid of their host that 99% of people loved then replaced him with former Xtra host that they got rid of a couple years ago (nothing against Olly & Caroline I liked them together) Kept the most boring dull judge last year and gave her a pay rise, and got rid of one of the only ones who had some balls to say what she thinks....
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Walsh is going nowhere fast - not a chance he will be sacked. And as for Cheryl whateverhernameis, what did she add last year? Dull and bland.

It's just the usual PR rubbish to create hype.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way they'll get rid of Louis. What people don't seem to understand (despite the show being on the air for over 10 years) is that it's first and foremost an entertainment show. I don't really like Louis, but from an entertainment perspective he's the one that sometimes stirs things up and makes stupid decisions, annoys the other judges etc. He plays the part that he is supposed to play. The fact that viewers find him annoying is the whole point of him being there. That's the part he is there to play. The only judges that truly offered constructive advice and knew exactly what they were talking about were Kelly Rowland and Nicole Scherzinger. The problem was though, the entertainment factor is number one on Cowell and the producer's list. They don't care about experience or musical knowledge. Instead of people like Kelly and Nicole who offered genuine, constructive critiques, they prefer people like chavvy Tulisa, gobby Mel B and the beautiful Cheryl who they believe all appeal to the younger viewers (which they may well indeed do). It's just Saturday night entertainment at the end of the day. I don't understand how anyone can actually take it seriously. We watch it in my house every year but take it all with a pinch of salt. It's much more bearable and funny that way. It's all so predictable and much of it set up. Anyway, with regards to Louis, I reckon he'll be back.
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was obvious Louis would be back and that the only good judge last year would be out. she made simon look weak and uninteresting, that's why she's out >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    So to revamp the show they got rid of their host that 99% of people loved then replaced him with former Xtra host that they got rid of a couple years ago (nothing against Olly & Caroline I liked them together) Kept the most boring dull judge last year and gave her a pay rise, and got rid of one of the only ones who had some balls to say what she thinks....

Dermot O Leary was mainly unfairly criticised across the internet with people calling him often 'dull'. He certainly wasn't popular. Whereas Cheryl has always been one of the show's most popular judges. As for Mel B, I would say she was more of a marmite judge (which often seems to be the way with X Factor's female judges). I'm not surprised she's been axed; Simon probably saw her as a threat given her honest attitude.
  • england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised that mel b's been axed (although she was my favorite judge) as cowell probably didn't like how she didn't tow the line and do as she was told like the dullard cheryl. Honestly didn't think cheryl brought anything to the show last year. Iv'e heard 1d's louis could be replacing louis which i hope is true. :p
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    im pissed off. bring back Cheryl but not Mel... WTF ?!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot O Leary was mainly unfairly criticised across the internet with people calling him often 'dull'. He certainly wasn't popular. Whereas Cheryl has always been one of the show's most popular judges. As for Mel B, I would say she was more of a marmite judge (which often seems to be the way with X Factor's female judges). I'm not surprised she's been axed; Simon probably saw her as a threat given her honest attitude.

Well I don't generally check what has been said online I'm just going by people I know and what I've seen from Facebook friends. Dermot has always been popular with people I know and Cheryl not so much.

I read in the paper today, and it's not the first I've heard, that Kim Kardashian is big considered as a judge. They really are scrapping the barrel if that's the case