Your favourite Tarantino scene?

BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just watching Inglorious Basterds on C4+1 and its the Tavern scene when we first meet Bridget Von Hammersmark and it always makes me tense. I've seen the film about 5 times & I always look forward to this scene. It just feels tense everytime I see it, even though I know the outcome. And also so funny.

I'm sure people have strong views on Tarantino and which of his films you enjoy (ive liked them all so far).

But which of Tarantinos scenes have you enjoyed the most and why?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    The first scene in RD 'like a virgin'..
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a tie between the opening credits of Jackie Brown and the fight scene in Kill Bill pt. 1 with Uma -v- the Crazy 88
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the scene in RD where Kietel is talking the gang through the upcoming heist "Take the butt of your gun and smash him in the nose"
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beatrix Kiddo vs Elle Driver (KB vol2)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Beatrix Kiddo vs Elle Driver (KB vol2)

I do like that scene as well.. very brutal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like that scene as well.. very brutal

It's hard to fault any fight scenes in both KB 1 & 2, Awesome movies!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh maaaaan, you can't possibly make me choose just one!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill Bill does carry me favourite 'fight' scenes, but I do love the talky scenes more after time.

Although GOGO in Kill Bill steals the movie for me, I love Budd talking to his boss in Vol.2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every scene in both the Kill Bill's are worth a mention really! Tarantino's finest work IMO!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Such a hard decision since I'm such a huge Tarantino fan (and making choices is hard for me at the best of times :eek:), but here's one from each film:-

The "ear" scene from Reservoir Dogs:
    The first Tarantino scene I ever saw. It was on a countdown show on C4 one night about 7 years ago. I was about 13 and remember being scared and absolutely fascinated at the same time. I went on IMDB the next day and read every spoiler and quote I could find. It started my love of all things Tarantino. My favourite things about the scene are the music, and how the camera moves up and away just as it's happening. Makes you think you see more than you really do (and what you do see is quite a lot :eek:). And Michael Madsen is amazing; creepy and hilarious at the same time. "You ever listen to K-Billy's 'Super Sounds of the Seventies'?" sends shivers down my spine every time... and then he hits you with the daddy-dancing!:D

O-Ren's Death from Kill Bill Vol.1:
    I switched over to BBC3 one night a few weeks after I first saw the "ear" scene and saw this. I was immediately caught by the contrast between the two Tarantino scenes I had seen. The RD bit was real-looking and normal colour-wise, but O-Ren's death was so colourful. The brightness of The Bride's clothes and the blood, and the dark of O-Ren's hair against the snow was like no style I had ever seen before. Also this was probably the first time I saw - and could properly understand in a more adult way - two strong female characters fighting the way men usually do in action films. Now I'm older I appreciate being able to relate to the characters on the basic level of gender, and I also like seeing two women hate, yet at the same time respect each other.

The Elle/Beatrix Fight from Kill Bill Vol.2:
    I love this scene for the contrast to the O-Ren/Beatrix fight. The O-Ren fight is graceful and had a sort of code. The Elle fight is raw and dirty, and you can really feel Elle's hatred and bitterness. And the eyeball getting pulled out and squished is one of my favourite bits of stylised violence. Gross but a bit funny at the same time.

The Dancing from Pulp Fiction:
    Probably an obvious choice, but its just so funny. I think Uma Thurman and John Travolta have a great, odd chemistry. They absolutely nail that scene.:D

The Opening Titles from Jackie Brown:
    There are lots of other great 'proper' scenes in this film, but the opening really sticks in my mind. I love the way the movement fits with the song, Pam Grier is just so beautiful, and I think by the end of it you have a sense of the kind of woman Jackie is.

The First Group's Death Crash from Death Proof:
    As always, the music plays a huge part in this scene. I think it really helps to up the tension. They're all singing along and, even though I know what's coming, I end up singing along and tapping my foot, and the car gets closer and closer and then SMASH! The leg coming off is darkly funny, but the tyre to the face makes me cringe a bit every time I see it.

The Tavern Scene from Inglorious Basterds:
    It's a long scene, but the way the tension keeps rising always keeps me on the edge of my seat. As it goes along, the feeling that something horrible will go wrong keeps growing and growing, and the end of the scene never disappoints. Bridget Von Hammersmark is one of my favourite female characters and this is a great introduction for her. She's so beautiful and charismatic in this scene.

I couldn't pick a favourite. It was hard enough to choose those ones!:o He just manages to make films that perfectly fit my personal taste in visual style and writing. :)
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Every moment from Marcellus Wallace spotting Butch in the car to Butch leaving that shop later on. Flawless, classic, immortal cinema.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A favourite scene to date has to be the stuntwoman Zoe Bell, in an acting role in Death Proof, being tied to the front bonnet of a car, and being stalked by deranged Kurt Russel.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Christopher Walken explaining the origin of Butch's watch in "Pulp Fiction"
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite scene is the immediate aftermath of Marvin's brains decorating the car in Pulp Fiction.

I also love the Walken/Hopper scene from True Romance. I know QT didn't direct it, but he wrote it.

I also have a lot of love for the scene in Jackie Brown, where Sam Jackson convinces a worried Chris Tucker to jump into the boot of his car.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many, Bruce Willis John Travolta and a toaster. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost all of Pulp Fiction I would say.

The Bonny Situation.

"Is there a sign in my yard saying "Dead N****r storage?"......... priceless.