Janet Devlin - beyond flopping

1235»

Comments

• cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, so her debut single 'Wonderful' didn't do so wonderfully, now, did it. Failed to chart..... Ah...
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, so her debut single 'Wonderful' didn't do so wonderfully, now, did it. Failed to chart..... Ah...

Considering pretty much all her songs had already been bought on Pledge Music by her fans before hand kind of hinders your argument here...

Her latest single House of Cards and album are coming out soon though so if you feel the need to tell us, if she doesn't chart, how her careers flopping then please do, because you seem to have nothing better to do in your spare time :)
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Considering pretty much all her songs had already been bought on Pledge Music by her fans before hand kind of hinders your argument here...

Her latest single House of Cards and album are coming out soon though so if you feel the need to tell us, if she doesn't chart, how her careers flopping then please do, because you seem to have nothing better to do in your spare time :)

Ok, will do. Will only take a minute.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What has the charts got to do with anything? Unless of course you're the type who's music knowledge only extends to what Simon Cowell tells you to buy on TXF.

There are hundreds of real musicians out there who never get any tv exposure or radio play who have successful careers. Charting is not a show of ability but only highlights which acts receive the most exposure and hype by the men in grey suits.

This is why the charts are currently filled with auto-tuned songs pre-written by executives to target the tone deaf.

Most of the best music out there never charts because the artists refuse to sell out to the fake side of the industry.

For Janet to get to where she has in her career without compromising her integrity makes her one of the most successful true artists around.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

No offence to her or you but did you expect her to? I only checked out this forum to see what was flopping since I haven't heard about her since she left The X Factor, I didn't know she had music out. Most people probably didn't know either.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence to her or you but did you expect her to? I only checked out this forum to see what was flopping since I haven't heard about her since she left The X Factor, I didn't know she had music out. Most people probably didn't know either.

I knew that she had music out as many other did know as well. She has done tv and radio interviews to promote her 1st single wonderful and she is going to be doing the same with her 2nd single which is out may 26th and also her album which is out 9th June on amazon and itunes