Help with buying LCD TV

Hello Guys,

I am looking to buy a new TV, looking for one about 46"+ and Full HD.

I have found two so far which I think is the best deals. But I have never bought a LCD TV before so what do I know...?

Toshiba 47Z3030DB

This TV is 47" and costs £849.99.

Toshiba 46XF355DB

This TV is 46" and costs £793.13.

Besides the size difference what other differences is between them and which one would people recommend I buy?

I do like the look of the 47" one better but I want to buy based on quality. Can anyone recommend these TV's or any other TVs about the same size and price?

Does anyone know if Amazon suppliers are a trusted source to buy a TV?

S~

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Swoosh84 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I am looking to buy a new TV, looking for one about 46"+ and Full HD.

I have found two so far which I think is the best deals. But I have never bought a LCD TV before so what do I know...?

Toshiba 47Z3030DB

This TV is 47" and costs £849.99.

Toshiba 46XF355DB

This TV is 46" and costs £793.13.

Besides the size difference what other differences is between them and which one would people recommend I buy?

I do like the look of the 47" one better but I want to buy based on quality. Can anyone recommend these TV's or any other TVs about the same size and price?

Does anyone know if Amazon suppliers are a trusted source to buy a TV?

S~

I would personally go with a retailer who has a shop as in my experience, it is a lot easier if a preoblem occurs as you can go in to visit them to tell them what the problem is.

I do not rate the Toshiba make personally and would go for something like This Sharp 46" at £799
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Have been looking at shops but could never find one around the same price.

The sharp one looks decent and within the price range.

Also found the toshiba one in my original post on Currys website for £1,172.90. Saving of almost £300!

I will continue to look but Sharp one is winning so far since as you said it is an actuall shop!

Any other advice would be appriciated.

S~
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,506
    Forum Member
    Swoosh84 wrote: »
    Have been looking at shops but could never find one around the same price.

The sharp one looks decent and within the price range.

Also found the toshiba one in my original post on Currys website for £1,172.90. Saving of almost £300!

I will continue to look but Sharp one is winning so far since as you said it is an actuall shop!

Sharp seem pretty good these days, and seem a better picture than the Toshiba's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Sharp seem pretty good these days, and seem a better picture than the Toshiba's.

The Z series from toshiba are excellant. All the regza z series are full 1080p 100mhz 3 xhdmi, tru-colour etc. I'm using mine connected to my pc and watch tv/films/blu-ray/ on it. 37". got it from the flat tv co on the web for 799. no problems and full warrenty for a year. Shops are ok if your so worried that you will have trouble with your purchase but these days you have just as much support on the web. inmo:)