Options

Asda Bargains

kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Asda seem to be doing a number of different game promotions every other day at the moment.

NFS Shift was £25 the other day, now back to £37. Pro Evo 2010 the same.

Was in this afternoon and picked up a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 for £25 and the bloke in the queue next to me got Batman Arkham Asylum for £19.

I would recommend going in every other day or so to see what offers they have on.

Also, first person to PM me will get a 48 hour trial code for Xbox Live. Came free with L4D2.

Comments

• Options
    grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Bangin' shiz! Ill be in there tomorrow. ;)
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought L4D2 in ASDA on Saturday - £25 is a bargain :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i work on an m + v department in an asda. I can report bargains and offers of the day for you's if yous want?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently, there are some £1 Xbox 360 games. Any ideas?
  • Options
    kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    i work on an m + v department in an asda. I can report bargains and offers of the day for you's if yous want?

Yes! Come on as often as you can and let us know prices and titles please!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grabbi wrote: »
    Apparently, there are some £1 Xbox 360 games. Any ideas?

Yes i got 8 orginal fallout 3's (without the exp packs) for £1 and traded them all straight in at game and got about £30 heh.

other than that there was Pro Evo 08 on xbox, and herbie and a gordon ramsey ds games thats all we had in our asda. Don't expect to see them to the customer though, the collegues will all snap them up lol
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Yes i got 8 orginal fallout 3's (without the exp packs) for £1 and traded them all straight in at game and got about £30 heh.

other than that there was Pro Evo 08 on xbox, and herbie and a gordon ramsey ds games thats all we had in our asda. Don't expect to see them to the customer though, the collegues will all snap them up lol

Thats not something i'd brag about on here.

Iv'e seen loads of people get lynched on these boards for buying multiple copies of games/consoles and then selling them on for profit at places like ebay etc.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member

Let us know of any other £1 games you have on sale. Cheers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £1 Games ftw!
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bargain games in our Adsa never have any prices on them, it's like some mystery lucky dip.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks for the info. Shame you manipulated that situation for your own profitable gain, rather than giving someone a good Chrimbo on the cheap this year... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dudlydudly Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Just got the Saboteur for the bargain price of £19.99 in Asda!
  • Options
    Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member

:rolleyes: Whataguy.
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member

Should be some sort of rule about staff buying the offers, or at least limit them.
  • Options
    c3pod4qpc3pod4qp Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good for you! On an ASDA wage any extra money will be very useful, especially at Christmas.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    c3pod4qp wrote: »
    Good for you! On an ASDA wage any extra money will be very useful, especially at Christmas.

Haha, well said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Shame you manipulated that situation for your own profitable gain, rather than giving someone a good Chrimbo on the cheap this year... :rolleyes:

Get over youself - its how all businesses work (buy something then sell it for more) so I don't see why its such a big deal that a person has done it. Yes, it would be nice if they left them for other people to buy, but theres no reason why they should feel obliged to do so.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Get over youself - its how all businesses work (buy something then sell it for more) so I don't see why its such a big deal that a person has done it. Yes, it would be nice if they left them for other people to buy, but theres no reason why they should feel obliged to do so.

Thank you so much for explaining how businesses make money :rolleyes:

You are clearly missing the point.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Thank you so much for explaining how businesses make money :rolleyes:

You are clearly missing the point.

profiteer

Definition
    An individual who seeks exorbitant profits, often to the detriment of others.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    callum9999 wrote: »

I dont feel obliged to put the toilet seat back down after having a p*ss. But I do it. Why? Because its common courtesy.

Didnt know the geezer who bought the game 8 times over was a Business to himself. Didnt know you were his agent, either.
  • Options
    MadWrappaMadWrappa Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO @ the ethical retail argument going on

going back to the OP.. my local ASDA usually have bargains and sale stuff out but 90% of the time there is no price on them or incorrect price stickers on them

shows that sometimes i should pick the case up and go and ask the jobs worth behind the counter how much it is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Argument? 7 days on, and theres been 22 posts. Hardly an argument, is it?
  • Options
    MadWrappaMadWrappa Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argument? 7 days on, and theres been 22 posts. Hardly an argument, is it?

no no its not, sorry :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We had about 60 of the fallout 3's. And i done it when we had a clear out of games last year,

No-one who i buy for at christmas has any interest in gaming so that wouldn't be likely. Plus to those who said there should be a limit. I knew a few customers who are decent and i always chat about gaming, i kept them a couple of copies which they took up.

The usual type of customer who i generally deal with (espeically over the christmas period) can lick my ball sack.

As to ignore all the jealousy of my cheap game aquirement's i shall let you singstar etc fans know that Lips with the microphones on the xbox 360 is coming down to £20 tomorrow, If it hasn't already..
    He4rt wrote: »

Iv'e seen loads of people get lynched on these boards for buying multiple copies of games/consoles and then selling them on for profit at places like ebay etc.

Apart from our 'store sale' games where my managers stupidity has made me alot of money, I don't generally buy up mass bulk of games. I do get promotional t-shirts, Therefore i'd buy a copy of the game to sell on ebay with the shirt at an extra-cost ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We had about 60 of the fallout 3's. And i done it when we had a clear out of games last year,

No-one who i buy for at christmas has any interest in gaming so that wouldn't be likely. Plus to those who said there should be a limit. I knew a few customers who are decent and i always chat about gaming, i kept them a couple of copies which they took up.

The usual type of customer who i generally deal with (espeically over the christmas period) can lick my ball sack.

As to ignore all the jealousy of my cheap game aquirement's i shall let you singstar etc fans know that Lips with the microphones on the xbox 360 is coming down to £20 tomorrow, If it hasn't already..
    He4rt wrote: »

Apart from our 'store sale' games where my managers stupidity has made me alot of money, I don't generally buy up mass bulk of games. I do get promotional t-shirts, Therefore i'd buy a copy of the game to sell on ebay with the shirt at an extra-cost ;)