Comments

• Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    WELL they must be selective cos
    they re not doing that with me

That's what happened to me with Lovefilm. Bank holiday weekends were the best - I'd be lucky to get 2 films that week.
    Tesco have proved faster. I average 5-6 a week now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been wary of lovefilm ever since they conveniently mislaid a rental I returned so I ended up having to pay for an extra month. I had already cancelled and it finally got marked as returned more than a week later after they "checked". I tried complaining but to no avail.

I've got my own back now though. I moved house and got a three month free trial last year and then cancelled it with a week or so to go. And I have just begun a second three month trial by entering a slightly wrong postcode on sign up! Of course, it has to be a postcode that doesn't exist, otherwise the dvds will never arrive:D

so if you're postcode is AA11 6JJ, put in AA11 6IJ and the dvds will find you through your house number/road. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    That's what happened to me with Lovefilm. Bank holiday weekends were the best - I'd be lucky to get 2 films that week.
    Tesco have proved faster. I average 5-6 a week now.

What do you mean Tesco proved faster... If you look at the Tesco Terms and Conditions you will see that its LOVEFILM. I have been with Lovefilm for 3 years and only had a couple of problems with them and they were sorted out very quick.
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    revens 9 how sneaky can you get ?
    two 3 month trials of discs delivered to the same house !!
    how did you get away with that ?

its almost as sneaky as me, ordering a camera on qvc, downloading all the
    graphics software on the disc , then sending the camera back within the month and getting a full refund .
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oceano wrote: »
    What do you mean Tesco proved faster... If you look at the Tesco Terms and Conditions you will see that its LOVEFILM. I have been with Lovefilm for 3 years and only had a couple of problems with them and they were sorted out very quick.

*Sigh*
    Ok, i'll try and explain. Every DVD rental company in the UK is powered by LoveFilm, except Blockbusters (iirc). This doesnt mean that LoveFilm is handling my account because I'm with Tesco... all it means is that all the rental companies get their films from the same supplier in Peterborough. So Tesco will ship out DVDs from Peterborough, as will LoveFilm etc etc.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like lovefilm,my only peev is since ive moved to blu ray i rarely get my first choices
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just 'phoned India' to cancel my lovefilm.com account after less than two weeks.

I'll say one thing for them, they are so intolerably bad that the free trial period is easily enough time for you to decide that the service is utterly worthless.

Just don't do it.
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    its a waste of time now,
    2 or 3 years ago they used to send out
    same day as they got your old discs back
    they dont do that now... they send when they are good and ready.

add to that... there is no post collection on
    a sunday
    and on a saturday ( at least in my area )
    the last collection on saturday is 10.45 am

when 3 or so years ago the last coll on saturday was 5 pm and there was a
    collection on sunday...

so you are stuffed and might just get
    one delivery a week
    Ive given up on them

Add to all this one day postal strikes
    and its game over
    I think in the end Love film will go over to
    a download service over the net.
    and sell off its physical discs by mail order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i get a good service usually, send on mon,new 1 sent on tues,recieve on wed...cant see it being better than that?

altho last night i was looking forward to transformers 2 on blu ray and it didnt arrive in post:( hope its here today as dont normally have any probs with lovefilm
  • Options
    Jimmy Big LegsJimmy Big Legs Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i get a good service usually, send on mon,new 1 sent on tues,recieve on wed...cant see it being better than that?

altho last night i was looking forward to transformers 2 on blu ray and it didnt arrive in post:( hope its here today as dont normally have any probs with lovefilm

Same here. I've been with them for 7 months and never had a problem. I generally receive new DVDs a couple of days after posting my old ones.

On the one occasion where I've had to phone them (to downgrade my account), they've been extremely friendly and helpful.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    *Sigh*

Is that condescending sigh really needed? Just makes you seem annoying.
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torrents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    currykev wrote: »
    Torrents.

i get that all the time from friends and work colleagues, but i dont want hassle of having to put it on dl, stress of wodnering if this will be 1 that puts me in jail! more than 1 filma t once will slow network down when im on xbox and takes longer for both films to dl, quality isnt as good, even best HD rip isnt as good as a blu ray disk imo

and also lovefilm helps me find gems i wouldnt normally watch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    revans9 wrote: »
    so if you're postcode is AA11 6JJ, put in AA11 6IJ and the dvds will find you through your house number/road. lol

lol, quite excellent work :D

have used lovefilm on a couple of occassions, when i come back from working abroad usually i get the 3 disc unlimited plan and use it for a couple of months to catch up on all the years releases ive missed + some oldies i never got round to seeing

the only way to get good value out of this option is being very organised...i aim to pay a net 50p per rental including use of the free trial

when the discs arrive ill watch as much as i can and have them popped back into the letterbox by 5pm for collection (helps very much here to be unemployed) :D

unfortunately sundays, mail strikes and the fact that my post doesnt come till around 2pm hinders the effectiveness of my operation :mad:

also i've noticed turnaround of my discs has slowed by the odd day or two since the end of my free trial when it was pretty instant. not worked out whether they send them out quickly on free trial to impress you or the fact theyve probably noticed how many discs ive got through with them and attempted to close the floodgates a bit :)

2 other things;

- that period of december between christmas day and new years day nothing happened with my rentals at all, not even the page with next dispatches was updated...did anyone else experience this :confused:

i understand things might slow down at this time of year but if theyre not going to even attempt to deliver something should be mentioned...a free but mandatory holiday period for the account? because i was not receiving a large part of the lovefilm service for that week....

- i set my '2 week holiday' to start on jan 23rd...however having returned 2 discs on the 19th they immediately put my account on holiday on the 20th :rolleyes: only reason i can think of was that was my subscription renewal date...for which ive been debited the full price.

well those are my experiences on lovefilm service...in summary it seems the more you play them the more they play you! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    well ORM has been banned now, so am pleased he wont be around to give us the benefit of his knowledge.

So how are you getting on with LoveFilm now WeatherfieldWil?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Over ten minutes to cancel LoveFilm this morning! What poor service. I also have to go to the Post Office and get a receipt of postage too for some reason.

I am not pleased as the queues in the post office are always too long!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually you can cancel online if you do it after 11pm I believe.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    All I got was a phone number to call, couldn't find how to cancel via online at all with lovefilm. Don't think you can?
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been with LOVEFILM now for just over a month and think the service is good. I have phoned them up and it took me just over a minute to get through to them and i was spoken to by an english person, who helped me tremedously.

I had to report a disc as lost, and they sorted it out immedietly and sent me another disc straight away. (they later has message on there site saying they were having problems with their sorting office but they have fixed it now)

I'm on a special deal pay for one month and get two months free. I get everything I ask for!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guarantee that they will send you the items on the top of your list?

No.

Utter rubbish then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a seperate list just for the top new releases and I get them quickly

If you have 50 titles in one list of course your only going to get the older less popular films first. If you set up another film list and only put in the films you want to see, then you will get what you want!!

so not utter rubbish just common sense
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I have a seperate list just for the top new releases and I get them quickly

If you have 50 titles in one list of course your only going to get the older less popular films first. If you set up another film list and only put in the films you want to see, then you will get what you want!!

so not utter rubbish just common sense

But can you determine that they will send you any particular film? That being the one you feel like watching at the time. If you receive a horror film, and are in the mood for watching 'Lives Of Others', then you're stuffed!

Utter rubbish!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hathor wrote: »
    But can you determine that they will send you any particular film? That being the one you feel like watching at the time. If you receive a horror film, and are in the mood for watching 'Lives Of Others', then you're stuffed!

Utter rubbish!

Yes they can, you could have 3 playlists one for comedy, one for action and another for horror (you get the gist) Put one movie you really want to see and one only and you will get your choice of film for when you want it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I got was a phone number to call, couldn't find how to cancel via online at all with lovefilm. Don't think you can?

Certainly can - I've done it a few times.
  • Options
    ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a customer with Lovefilm/Amazon for the past 3 years I have been very happy with excellent service I was getting, the past few weeks have been a nightmare though!, posting discs back on Mon & not being returned til Friday, as a one off I could accept their explanation it was Royal Mails fault, but not for 3 weeks + having other friends that subscribe, they are suffering the same problem... as a test I will send a couple of discs in the same envelope as a friend who is on a free trial (who isnt having a problem with Lovefilm turnaround times) & I'll pay & send a couple back recorded delivery so I know for sure when they did actually receive them, as I have an unlimited package I honestly beleive they are throttling the amount of discs I get

... & to make it worse I cant even cancel, because I had no complaints about their service I took advantage last year of their pay up front & am now paid up for the next 7 years:eek: