Phone Tracker Help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can somebody please tell me if anybody with an I phone app called Phone Tracker can trace a cell phone without the owner of the cell phone's permission?

Thanks

Comments

• c3pod4qpc3pod4qp Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's an app that uses the iPhone's GPS to show the location of that iPhone. It only works if the person you're trying to trick is standing nearby (and is rather gullible).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c3pod4qp wrote: »
    No, it's an app that uses the iPhone's GPS to show the location of that iPhone. It only works if the person you're trying to trick is standing nearby (and is rather gullible).

I see. LOL

The thing is, I told someone I was going abroad (so that i wouldn't have to meet up with him, long story)

Anyway, when I finally saw him yesterday, he said to me "have you got two mobiles?" I said, yes, I do. (I don't, but I instinctively lied) and he said "because I was tracking your phone and it didn't leave the country, so you must have taken another one". I said "err, yes I did"

So how the **** did he know that I hadn't taken my mobile (the one he said he had been tracking) abroad?

Anyway, thanks for the answer.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if someone said that to me, id of walked off rather worried or punched them in the face.......

this person has taken it upon themselves to find out if your lying, creepy!!!!!

i cant believe apple would allow an app would let you track someones phone anyway top be honest
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if someone said that to me, id of walked off rather worried or punched them in the face.......

this person has taken it upon themselves to find out if your lying, creepy!!!!!

i cant believe apple would allow an app would let you track someones phone anyway top be honest

i would.. Especially for police and the government
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh right......

governments one thing though, but some guy???
  • jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    are you signed up for Google Latitude as that reports where your phone is
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    Ameri wrote: »
    Anyway, when I finally saw him yesterday, he said to me "have you got two mobiles?" I said, yes, I do. (I don't, but I instinctively lied) and he said "because I was tracking your phone and it didn't leave the country, so you must have taken another one". I said "err, yes I did"
    if this was a first meeting date thing and he's already tracking your phone you need to say goodbye thats just stalker material right there