sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AND - he's a virgin :rolleyes: :D:D:D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh....but it was more complicated than that though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    afterall that it was simply him being a virgin. Although it was a bit of a letdown, I liked the way they didn't tell us, cause coming up to the reveal I was like oooh whats it gunna be, I'm so excited to find out. And in fairness its a tad more complicated than just being a virgin. But Emmerdale are making it out that being a virgin is an illness or something
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least we got to see the gorgeous fella topless at long last....phwooarr!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    PatMcgroin wrote: »
    Well the handsome specimen who plays Nikhil (apologies for not knowing his name) said on TM that its a story that's not been done before.
    I'm probably way off the mark but I'm going for him being hermaphrodite, as someone else said earlier.
    Anything else - being a virgin for example - surely wouldn't justify such a build up?
    We'll soon find, out any road up. :)

See - I was bang on the money :D

What an anti - climax. (excuse the pun!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a bit better than just him simply being a virgin - there is reasoning behind it and it's going to be interesting to see what happens now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a let down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi could someone fill me in with the big secret please as i missed emmerdale :(

is he a virgin or is there more to it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lily.xo wrote: »
    Well that was a let down.

I agree such a disappointing story line.On the lighter side I feel he should have confided in Edna,she'd be delighted to know he's 'untouched' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi could someone fill me in with the big secret please as i missed emmerdale :(

is he a virgin or is there more to it?

He's the Village Virgin :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    at least we got to see the gorgeous fella topless at long last....phwooarr!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D

He's a bit too hairy for my taste :p
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think that it was going to be a bit of a bigger secret than that but like hes mentioned before, its something thats not been done before and also its revealed a lot more about his background, and it could also maybe lead up to Amber appearing, not likely but as they have given her a name, who knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think after all the hype- finding out he's a virgin really isn't that dramatic- I though it would have to be more than that.....

Ok- it's a bit unusual- but viewers would have suspected as much from how charater has been written and played

.... I suppose though in a way that's not the story- it's about his ex Amber and the effect this has had on him - at least we now know something about his past - and at least Rik is getting a proper storyline after almost a year :)

Maisie will hardly care given what she's been through recently- he should just tell her:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    thebill22 wrote: »
    I did think that it was going to be a bit of a bigger secret than that but like hes mentioned before, its something thats not been done before and also its revealed a lot more about his background, and it could also maybe lead up to Amber appearing, not likely but as they have given her a name, who knows.
    Amber will be appearing. Next week I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    its a good s/l given the amber reason but i wish it wasnt with maisey....i know plenty of people like her but shes a bit shallow, been through half the young men in the village, and its not like shes been waiting that long, theyve only had a couple of nights out!!
    (mind, its understandable to be wanting humpy off him ;))
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who started to sing "Look at me I'm Sandra Dee" from Grease when he said he was a virgin, cannot get the song out of my brain now, and I agree it was a terrible letdown and dissapointment, I thought he was HIV+:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    disappointed to say the least. only saviour was reason why and the effect it has on brothers relationship with him. but very well acted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it was brilliantly acted. I'm glad there is more to the storyline though
  • Options
    frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi please can you help, I have been out tonight and missed Emmerdale, so please please can anybody be kind enough to explain what Nikhil's mystery was. I have read he is a virgin. But what happened and how is it more complex than it is?

Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Hi please can you help, I have been out tonight and missed Emmerdale, so please please can anybody be kind enough to explain what Nikhil's mystery was. I have read he is a virgin. But what happened and how is it more complex than it is?

Thanks!

Nikhil is a virgin

He was engaged to some girl called Amber when he was younger- they were saving themselves for marriage- he loved her- waited six years for them to get married- he thought they'd spend their lives together-however before they did marry- he found her in bed with another guy

Since then he hasn't been able to move on- he can't sleep with anybody- sort of a mental block- but he feels it's because of Amber-he's very upset and embarrassed about it- he feels he can't tell Maisie as she'll tell half the village about it (and probably because he's embarrased totell her the truth)

That's about it- so far!
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping it was something more exciting like he'd lost his winkle in a freak toaster accident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thebill22 wrote: »

She does appear next week. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I was hoping it was something more exciting like he'd lost his winkle in a freak toaster accident.

:eek: :D

bit of a let down to be honest, couldn't they have thought of something a little better? it was predictable tbh