BB King. RIP.

alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Every aspiring guitarist should listen and learn.

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gutted to wake up to this news.

The man was a legend. He has inspired many a great guitarist and his vibrato bends baffled many more.

Sad day for music today.

I am currently making my way through the Ladies and Gentlemen box set.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Believe to my Soul - he played with such economy, you always wanted more, and that tone, so sweet but just dirty enough. Immaculate.

RIP
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucille is silent tonight. Rest easy Mr King.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad but inevitable. Obviously a huge influence on so many famous white blues guitarists, eg Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Paul Kossoff etc, just to name 3 British ones from the 60s blues boom. RIP BB.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    So sad to lose a blues legend and a personal hero.

On holiday a few years ago I was lucky enough to be invited up to play with the house band. We did a slow blues number, nice and easy 12 bar and I just held back and played some sweets bends with stinging vibrato. After the set someone told me they were surprised by how soulful my playing was (for a white dude, unspoken but implied lol). It was such a huge compliment but that was what BB taught me - how to make each note count, how to use space and how to play with feeling.

Devastated at this news really, it hasn't sunk in yet. He leaves behind a legacy of great music and he lives on through that.

Rest in peace, Riley 'Blues Boy' King.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see him at The Brighton Centre with my Mum's cousin 1999. He was an exceptional performer. A real legend.