Options

The latest gems from ITV.......hideous.

CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Flock Stars with Gabby Logan - Sounds like AP's Monkey Tennis.....sheepdogs do sheepdog work and Gabby shouts a lot and desperately tries to make it look remotely exciting after we've seen it once.

Guess This House with Saira Khan - Combining as many daytime shows in one as they could, absolute tosh where failed apprentice shouty woman Saira comically tries to stir up excitement as people guess the price of a house and it's contents in a format so close to standard reality tv I could tell you exactly what minute they'll tick off each box. Turgid stuff.

BBQ Champ with Myleene Klass - Not actually as bad as the two above purely cos we all like a bbq but sheesh......talk about blatantly ripping off other channels formats and being late to the party.

Comments

• Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Flock Stars with Gabby Logan - Sounds like AP's Monkey Tennis.....sheepdogs do sheepdog work and Gabby shouts a lot and desperately tries to make it look remotely exciting after we've seen it once.

I guess the BBC outbid them for One Man and His Dog :p
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I guess the BBC outbid them for One Man and His Dog :p

The only celebs on that show were the dogs:D
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    [

]Guess This House with Saira Khan[/B] - Combining as many daytime shows in one as they could, absolute tosh where failed apprentice shouty woman Saira comically tries to stir up excitement as people guess the price of a house and it's contents in a format so close to standard reality tv I could tell you exactly what minute they'll tick off each box. Turgid stuff

That sounds ..... well I'm speechless. Utterly dumbfounded :confused:
  • Options
    GrolsGrols Posts: 299,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The only celebs on that show were the dogs:D

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm already looking forward to Vernon Kay's Celebrity Guess This House:D
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I'm already looking forward to Vernon Kay's Celebrity Guess This House:D

A matter of time.......
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. Plumbing new depths.

I have healthy hate for the Klass creature, and would normally avoid BBQ Champ like the plague, but Adam from Man VS Food is hosting and I heart him.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Guess This House with Saira Khan - Combining as many daytime shows in one as they could, absolute tosh where failed apprentice shouty woman Saira comically tries to stir up excitement as people guess the price of a house and it's contents in a format so close to standard reality tv I could tell you exactly what minute they'll tick off each box. Turgid stuff.

BBQ Champ with Myleene Klass - Not actually as bad as the two above purely cos we all like a bbq but sheesh......talk about blatantly ripping off other channels formats and being late to the party.

Haven't seen the other two and have no intention of doing so. Watched 'Guess This House' today, I think the once will be quite enough of that. Complete and utter tripe with one of worst and most irritating hosts I've ever watched.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can any of them have plumbed the depths as much as this competitive camping competition which has filled in for Tipping Point - a point below which I thought they could not sink further for cheap and nasty.

Same feelings about the BBQ Champ; Adam Richman; very good news. Mylene Klass; the yang to his yin. Very (very) bad news. Go back to flogging Littlewoods and saying rude things about people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Plumbing new depths.

I have healthy hate for the Klass creature, and would normally avoid BBQ Champ like the plague, but Adam from Man VS Food is hosting and I heart him.

that ^ could be a great new show - get some desperate tv wannabees to unblock a celeb's toilets and guess whose shit it is .
    Richard Blackwood presents .
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    After hearing today that ITVs viewing figures are down 4% whilst profits are up 25%, why should they care what we want?! Hopefully they'll continue to lose viewers and eventually profits will go down so they may actually put more decent programmes on.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trouble with it being summer, the long evenings, supposedly nice weather and many on summer holidays the TV just lacks
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can just picture the ITV execs sitting round a table at a planning meeting. Right what crap can you possibly come up with. Has to be cheap and nasty, dont worry the idiots out there will watch anything.

For the Autumn schedules,

Celebrity nail painting
    Celebrity dog walking
    Guess whos shoes these are?
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Mylene Klass and her pushy agent. 11 milion in the bank, ho hum..
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You also didn't mention Happy Campers, another gem from daytime.

Yes the two primetime offerings sounds dodgy, but with those, lets at least wait until they air before slagging them off.
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    What a pile of complete ****>
    Surely it's only a matter of time before ITV commissions Peter Andre's Sixty Minute Celebrity Turd Polishing.
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Myleene get her legs out I'll watch some numpties put sausages on a grill.

when's it on??
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    They all sound awful, found myself watching more films recently or US dramas.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most tv is sh**e, i barely ever watch any tv anymore.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess This House is not too bad as daytime filler TV.
    Flockstars was a joke
    Happy Campers looks like rubbish
    BBQ Champ I can't understand, BBQ's are not big over here like in the USA and Australia! terrible
  • Options
    Sun Glasses RonSun Glasses Ron Posts: 17,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question we should ask with ITV churning out garbage like this & their soaps

Will ITV exist in 10 years from now?
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question we should ask with ITV churning out garbage like this & their soaps

Will ITV exist in 10 years from now?

Outside of Coronation Street and Emmerdale and You've Been Framed, just repeats. :)

Maybe they could like what UK Gold does and buy past shows of the BBC and show them.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Partridge' Monkey Tennis scene is looking more and more like a fly-on-the-wall documentary with each passing month.:D
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Alan Partridge' Monkey Tennis scene is looking more and more like a fly-on-the-wall documentary with each passing month.:D

Needless to say, I think he will have the last laugh;-)
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Profits are up because ITV is not properly investing, i.e. spending money on quality content

Eventually this will bite them on the behind, but Chief Executive Adam Crozier will have the dosh to buy a private island at that point so won't mind his own angry dismissal.