Options

Final Five Finishing Order: Your Predictions?

Comments

• Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the semi-finals I'm expecting Gavin and Scott to go - Gavin's improved immensely with Katya's coaching but he's not finals material, while Scott seems to have peaked.

Matt, Kara and Pamela will therefore battle it out for the glitterball.

With the finals being based purely on public vote (that's what's happening isn't it?), I think Pamela may well slip back to third place as I suspect that she hasn't as much support as Kara and Matt.

Between Kara and Matt, it's hard to call - Kara is the better dancer and Artem is the better choreographer, but Matt may have more public appeal.

I'd predict
    1. Kara
    2. Matt
    3. Pamela
    4. Scott
    5. Gavin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Cheer with the heart, bet with the head.

Pamela, in particular is not getting the public vote, despite the judges protecting her in the scoring and the presenters talking her up at every opportunity. Matt on the other hand is getting a lot of votes and appears to be attracting the same voters as Chris and Tom in the last two finals. Kara is gaining public votes after a concerted round of chat show appearances and tabloid speculation. Scott needs a week off and may not have the time or energy for a two week workout. Gavin has some supporters but is clearly the weakest technically of the five, he and Scott have obviously been in the bottom two already. Pam, Matt and Kara on on the 'live' tour. Deliberately or subconsciously, it's a commercial bonus to have 'all the finalists', but that might be a rig too far.

The swingathon looks like a device to even up the scores so "it's all to play for". Expect it close at the top going into Saturday. Two going from five means even millions of public votes for the bottom two alone cannot save both of them - it's possible but the final position could depend on a handful of votes in ranking the others. Likewise, the top two might not both go through.

The judges will want to make sure at least one girl is in the final. They will finish on Saturday with Kara and Pam top; Paso probably harder for the girls than Rumba, Kara has the edge. Scott's Charleston could see him ahead of or tied with Matt. Gavin will be sacrificed at the bottom, the Samba as his last dance does him no favours.

Not sure how the producers will be announcing three from five on Sunday but a split screen with two dancers to catch facial expressions is easier than three. I expect Kara will be 'saved' first, then Matt, then Gavin is in the bottom two. Then Scott goes through.

Gavin and Pam to go.

The final is simpler to call because it's a public only vote.
    Matt wins, runner up Kara, Scott.out first.

Biggest risk of not finishing in this order? Scott is so tired he forgets which dance he's doing.
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone this is my first ever post on this forum so be gentle please ;) - However i have followed this forum for a good few years now

my choice for the final 5 would be as follows:
    1.Pamela
    2.Kara
    3.Scott
    4.Matt
    5.Gavin

i do not think it is going to work that way though, it will probably be like this..

1.Matt
    2.Kara
    3.Scott
    4.Pamela
    5.Gavin

just hoping Pammie can pull something out of the bag, keeping fingers crossed the Samba is out of bounds!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    1st Kara
    2nd Pamela
    3rd MAt

Leaving in semis 4th Scott and 5th GAvin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    1. Kara
    2. Matt
    3. Gavin
    4.Scott
    5. Pamela

However I do think it all comes down to the way the judges vote occurs. I think Gavin will make it to the final if pamela and scott are in 3rd and 4th position however if pamela is top again i think she will go through over gavin.
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I love about this series is that there are so many serious contenders, not just one or two front-runners. It will, of course, depend on the public vote and, since we don't know how that's going, it's pure speculation and I wouldn't bet money on any of the following predictions:

5th - Gavin. I think his support last week was more in the way of the traditional 'save the one you prefer from the bottom two on the leaderboard' and, in particular, he caught the 'anti-Ann' vote. I can't see the judges marking him high in the swingathon and the samba is a toughie, so even if he does well in the Viennese Whirl (thank you, Bonnie;)), he will find it hard to climb from bottom of the leader-board.

4th (or 3rd) - Scott. Is this the first time in Strictly history that a strong candidate has gone so far backwards in the latter stages? He recovered well from that poor rumba with a fabulous jive (still one of my favourite dances from the series), but a lacklustre samba, disastrous AS and so-so paso have had me shaking my head in bewilderment. I think he has lost momentum. However, if he can deliver a good AT and Charleston, and swing the judges in the swingathon (after his jive, this should suit him), then he will make the final.

3rd (or 4th) - Pamela. She has been brilliant. I can't help but be patronising in saying she has defied expectations of what a 61-year-old can do, because she has. Utterly committed and focused, great musicality and a bloody good dancer. But my instinct is that she is not that popular with the voting public, which may be why the BBC has been promoting her so assiduously. I doubt she will wow in the swingathon as her jive was only average, so if she is not top of the leader-board, I think the lack of public support will see her bow out at the semi-final stage. If I am wrong (and I hope I am), she will make the final, but not beat Kara or Matt.

2nd - Matt. Even up to a couple of weeks ago, I would have put Matt first. I'm sure he is still really popular and he is a very fluid and gymnastic dancer. But he, too, has plateaued in recent weeks with an AS that didn't impress the judges (I was impressed, but that's just me) and a very odd jive. His frustration is showing, I think, and, like Scott, he must be short of training time and very tired. I don't know, really. I fear that the same demographic that saw Chris and Tom being crowned will work in his favour, but neither Gethin nor Matt Di Angelo could beat Alesha, so it may not be such a factor this year either, particularly if his public support is waning.

1st - Kara. She started as a good dancer, but not a great one. She has grown and grown since throwing caution to the winds in her paso and has produced excellent dances every week. The jive was a bit of a blip, but was still my favourite dance in a strange 'Blackpool hangover' week and, looking back on them all, she has produced some fabulous dances. I think she is gaining momentum and has the talent and support to win. She is this year's Alesha in that respect. She's certainly my favourite. :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    1st Place - Kara. I think the public realise that it's time for a female winner, and I think Artem will choregraph a FAB showdance.
    2nd Place - Matt. This one was close. Just pipped at the post I reckon.
    3rd Place - Pamela. Great dancer, but the same with Scott - how much popularity?
    4th Place - Scott. The cracks are begining to show, and I'm not sure about his popularity after being in the dance-off.
    5th Place - Gavin. Good dancer, but unfortunately not up to the same standard as everyone else.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st Place - Kara. I think the public realise that it's time for a female winner, and I think Artem will choregraph a FAB showdance.
    2nd Place - Matt. This one was close. Just pipped at the post I reckon.
    3rd Place - Pamela. Great dancer, but the same with Scott - how much popularity?
    4th Place - Scott. The cracks are begining to show, and I'm not sure about his popularity after being in the dance-off.
    5th Place - Gavin. Good dancer, but unfortunately not up to the same standard as everyone else.

Exactly the same, thanks Stig you've saved me some typing! :D
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be down to Kara and Matt in the end, with hopefully Kara winning.
    Out of the others i would like Pamela to get to the final just cos i love James :D
  • Options
    dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    This is the public vote from last week - as by source

1. Matt
    2. Kara
    3. Gavin
    4. Ann
    5. Scott
    6. Pamela

That looks about right. So if you take Ann out:

1. Matt
    2. Kara
    3. Gavin/Scott
    4. Scott/Gavin
    5. Pamela

If Pamela isn't in the top three next week, she'll be gone. Along with Scott or Gavin, depending on how they rank in the dances and how much bottom-two-bounce he has. Matt will win if he's in the top two judging places the week after.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanfic wrote: »

Pamela, in particular is not getting the public vote, despite the judges protecting her in the scoring and the presenters talking her up at every opportunity. Matt on the other hand is getting a lot of votes and appears to be attracting the same voters as Chris and Tom in the last two finals. Kara is gaining public votes after a concerted round of chat show appearances and tabloid speculation. Scott needs a week off and may not have the time or energy for a two week workout. Gavin has some supporters but is clearly the weakest technically of the five, he and Scott have obviously been in the bottom two already. Pam, Matt and Kara on on the 'live' tour. Deliberately or subconsciously, it's a commercial bonus to have 'all the finalists', but that might be a rig too far.

The swingathon looks like a device to even up the scores so "it's all to play for". Expect it close at the top going into Saturday. Two going from five means even millions of public votes for the bottom two alone cannot save both of them - it's possible but the final position could depend on a handful of votes in ranking the others. Likewise, the top two might not both go through.

The judges will want to make sure at least one girl is in the final. They will finish on Saturday with Kara and Pam top; Paso probably harder for the girls than Rumba, Kara has the edge. Scott's Charleston could see him ahead of or tied with Matt. Gavin will be sacrificed at the bottom, the Samba as his last dance does him no favours.

Not sure how the producers will be announcing three from five on Sunday but a split screen with two dancers to catch facial expressions is easier than three. I expect Kara will be 'saved' first, then Matt, then Gavin is in the bottom two. Then Scott goes through.

Gavin and Pam to go.

Biggest risk of not finishing in this order? Scott is so tired he forgets which dance he's doing.

I agree with your assessment, so it saves me a lot of typing. :)
    Matt to win, I think he is still favourite with the voting public.
    Kara second, she is closing the gap as far as poplarity goes, but will probably not quite make it.
    Scott, Pamela and Gavin to finish in that order,
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st Matt - good all rounder
    2nd Kara - excellent sometimes
    3rd Pamela - again, really great sometimes
    4th Scott - going down, unfortunately 'cos he started well
    5th Gavin - no matter how much people like him, he cannot dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    1st - Kara. She's great and so consistant :) I love watching her and Artem.
    2nd - Matt but I want Pamela in the top two because (and I know I will be panned for this) I personally enjoy watching her dance more than I do Matt. Plus I am concerned his show dance will just be a gymnastic display :o *hides*. I have loved lots of his dances though.
    3rd - Pamela - I hope she isnt as unpopular with the public as is suggested....I would love to see the evidence which proves this :)
    4th - Gavin
    5th - Scott, unless he can recapture the magic of earlier weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think Kara can do this.

I think Aliona will choreograph a dire Showdance to be honest - I can just see her going for that arty shtick... and it'll crash and burn.

Artem on the other hand...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictions:

5. Gavin
    4. Scott
    3. Pamela
    2. Kara
    1. Matt
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Kara
    Matt
    Pamela
    Scott
    Gavin
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Kara
    2 Matt
    3 Gavin
    4 Scott
    5 Pamela
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I've changed my mind about predicting the order. I'm having my hair done on Saturday and the hairdressers have correctly predicted every Strictly winner since series 5 when Alesha won (I didn't use that salon before then so can't say if they got it right earlier as well).

So I'm just going to wait and ask them. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Kara
    2. Matt
    3. Pamela
    4. Scott
    5. Gavin

Put money on the first three.
  • Options
    fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanfic wrote: »

Gavin and Pam to go.

So you haven't thought much about it then? ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I think this year it is very difficult to tell. Other years have been pretty easy. If pushing it I would say:
    1. Kara
    2. Mat
    3. Pamela
    4. Scott
    5. Gavin
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the judges get their wish ( their apparent wish)
    1. Scottttt
    2. Kara
    3. Pamela
    4. Matt
    5. Gavin

:rolleyes: I hope I'm not correct.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Kara
    Matt
    Scott
    Pamela
    Gavin

Kara - Very possibly a winner - very graceful, energetic and with a lovely attitude and personality.

Matt - not so much a dancer as a gymnast, too many "tricks" to really cut the mustard in ballroom

Scott - totally gone off the boil and I am getting a tad widdled off with his "cheeky cockney chappie" playing. What next, Jamie Oliver?

Pamela - Sort the neck out, love, and you'll lift the Glitter Ball

Gavin - much improved, but still not a patch on the others. Far too introverted and the dry humour just does not come across on the floor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Matt deserves the win so much I can't get over how good he is, but he's not quite perfect, like Kara appears to be which is why I love him even more. My blog in appreciation of him is here http://wp.me/1bKm7
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt deserves the win so much I can't get over how good he is, but he's not quite perfect, like Kara appears to be which is why I love him even more. My blog in appreciation of him is here http://wp.me/1bKm7

Kara has not been perfect, at the start of the competition she had problems with letting herself go in the dance and performance, and I think every week she gone from strength to strength with the performance, blowing us away with fabulous routines.