Options

Hypothetical Operation Yewtree Prosecution

be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
Forum Member
✭✭
Without casting aspersions on anyone living or dead, how would fandom react to an Operation Yewtree prosecution of a major player in Doctor Who's past? Would we be happy to see that person airbrushed from the show's history? Would certain fans go into deep denial and lash out at the accusers?

Please note this thread is NOT intended for cretinous "I hear that Actor X is well dodgy" speculation and gossip.

Comments

• Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would depend entirely on the nature and context of any allegations. And as such it is impossible for me to comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would depend entirely on the nature and context of any allegations. And as such it is impossible for me to comment.
    The scenario I'm suggesting is a successful prosecution for sex offences against other persons.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Why would that result in an airbrushing from history? Do we pretend that Gary Glitter never recorded any records?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would that result in an airbrushing from history? Do we pretend that Gary Glitter never recorded any records?
    Yes, pretty much. Glitter's records get virtually no airplay in the UK and his very occasional appearances on archived programmes such as BBC Four's TOTP have been highly controversial. His main media presence these days comes from the use of Rock & Roll Part 2 in American films and TV shows featuring scenes at sports stadiums.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scenario I'm suggesting is a successful prosecution for sex offences against other persons.

That's still vague. There are degrees of seriousness in this and grey areas. Therefore still cant comment.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    What a contentious thread to start
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God...if all the weird 'what if...?' threads in the universe melded into one, this would still be the weirdest.

Whatever possessed you?