[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Body Care is also really good. :)
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booked in for a Pedicure next week, have a £5 voucher for it, AND they are doing free manicures for the first 50 customers to book in, so getting a Deluxe Pedi and standard Mani all for £12.

Bargain!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Booked in for a Pedicure next week, have a £5 voucher for it, AND they are doing free manicures for the first 50 customers to book in, so getting a Deluxe Pedi and standard Mani all for £12.

Bargain!

Nice! :D
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have a nice time....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it bad that the girl who does my facials and eyebrows messaged me on facebook earlier to tell me that she had no bookings yet for saturday so I was welcome to pop in anytime if I fancied anything doing? :blush:

I think I'm keeping her business going :D:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a bit of a set-back over xmas. i bought a georgous party frock. it was in my size but wouldnt fit over my 'man shoulders'.

i ended up ripping it within 5 minutes. i got really depressed....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a bit of a set-back over xmas. i bought a georgous party frock. it was in my size but wouldnt fit over my 'man shoulders'.

i ended up ripping it within 5 minutes. i got really depressed....:(

Oh no :( Try not to let it get you down. I hate having broad shoulders too. I'd love to have more feminine figure around there (and also be about 6 inches shorter so as not to look a giant in heels).

Well i popped into the salon this morning without really knowing if I was going to have any treatments or anything, was having a cup of tea and a chit chat with the girl who does my facials/eyebrows and the chat was along the lines of women taking ages to get ready because of shaving legs/makeup etc, and I said I was the same and jut outright said that I shave my legs although i'd been lazy over christmas with that as my legs were covered most of the time anyway... 10 minutes later I'm lying on the bed getting a full leg wax (as well as an eyebrow wax and facial). :D

As it was unexpected I had no choice but to get out my painted toenails as well.

Although it hasn't actually been said out loud that I am TG, i think she gets the picture when combined with the foundation and mascara that would have come off my face when she cleansed it for the facial. She certainly was chatting to me more like a woman, talking about different beauty treatments, her wedding, skincare, rather than the fairly generic small talk that usually occurs. It was lovely :)

My advice to you all is get yourselves to the salon... you don't necessarily have to throw yourself right in if you are embarrassed or shy, start off with a massage. It's taken me trying a couple of different ones to find one where I felt more comfortable asking for "female" treatments, but now I'd ask her for anything I wanted without feeling embarrassed :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no :( Try not to let it get you down. I hate having broad shoulders too. I'd love to have more feminine figure around there (and also be about 6 inches shorter so as not to look a giant in heels).

Well i popped into the salon this morning without really knowing if I was going to have any treatments or anything, was having a cup of tea and a chit chat with the girl who does my facials/eyebrows and the chat was along the lines of women taking ages to get ready because of shaving legs/makeup etc, and I said I was the same and jut outright said that I shave my legs although i'd been lazy over christmas with that as my legs were covered most of the time anyway... 10 minutes later I'm lying on the bed getting a full leg wax (as well as an eyebrow wax and facial). :D

As it was unexpected I had no choice but to get out my painted toenails as well.

Although it hasn't actually been said out loud that I am TG, i think she gets the picture when combined with the foundation and mascara that would have come off my face when she cleansed it for the facial. She certainly was chatting to me more like a woman, talking about different beauty treatments, her wedding, skincare, rather than the fairly generic small talk that usually occurs. It was lovely :)

My advice to you all is get yourselves to the salon... you don't necessarily have to throw yourself right in if you are embarrassed or shy, start off with a massage. It's taken me trying a couple of different ones to find one where I felt more comfortable asking for "female" treatments, but now I'd ask her for anything I wanted without feeling embarrassed :).

A lovely post and great advice. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    For growing hair long and glossy, I'd swear by leave in conditioner. Shampoo twice, rinse, put the conditioner in. Leave it in whilst you was everywhere else then rinse. Inse again with cooler water.

Nail polish wise Barry M is excellent.

Foundation I'd recommend Elizabeth Arden compact or if you're on a budget Rimmels 25 hour one is great.

If you're into retro wear LindyBop does some very good stuff and they have plus sizes which may be better suited to taller, broader builds.

I work in a beauty store so if there's anything at all you want to ask me about I'll do my best. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For growing hair long and glossy, I'd swear by leave in conditioner. Shampoo twice, rinse, put the conditioner in. Leave it in whilst you was everywhere else then rinse. Inse again with cooler water.

Nail polish wise Barry M is excellent.

Foundation I'd recommend Elizabeth Arden compact or if you're on a budget Rimmels 25 hour one is great.

If you're into retro wear LindyBop does some very good stuff and they have plus sizes which may be better suited to taller, broader builds.

I work in a beauty store so if there's anything at all you want to ask me about I'll do my best. :)

Thanks that's really nice. :)

I have to confess, I have a bottle of foundation on my fridge just sat there. I'm scared to use it in case I mess it up! :blush: I'm also really bad at nail varnish! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was thinking about conditioner. ill give that ago.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    i was thinking about conditioner. ill give that ago.....

Tre semme is excellent, although can be pricey if it's not on offer. Palmolive is good too if you need something cheaper.
    Citadel wrote: »
    Thanks that's really nice. :)

I have to confess, I have a bottle of foundation on my fridge just sat there. I'm scared to use it in case I mess it up! :blush: I'm also really bad at nail varnish! :D

Anytime :).

Try using the foundation with a sponge, or maybe even start with some concealer, as long as you blend well and rub it in around your chin and neck line you should be okay. Even using a portable mirror for a good angle.

Nail Polish comes with practice. I'm 23 and still mess mine up some times, use a cotton bud soaked in nail varnish remover to neaten it up, saves you taking the whole lot off.
  • Options
    Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Foundation sponges are very good, I much prefer them to brushes. A good tip is to apply your makeup in natural light if you can. Any mistakes will be easier to rectify. Also use a magnifying mirror.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally found the nail varnish I've been looking for for ages today :) it's Vivid Violet by no 7. My friend painted my toes with it about a year ago and I adored it but just couldn't find it avalible at boots so I'm pleased :)

I've also straight out told my beauty girl that I am TG now, and she has promised that we can gradually overtime make my eyebrows more feminine (without making drastic changes in one go) so that it's not too noticeable but over time try and find a nice shape that is feminine but that I can also just about get away with in "male mode".

All in all its been a good day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got myself a new jumper this weekend.a good start towards fleshing out my wardrobe.

i need a lot more basic staples, cheap. jumpers and jeans.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally found the nail varnish I've been looking for for ages today :) it's Vivid Violet by no 7. My friend painted my toes with it about a year ago and I adored it but just couldn't find it avalible at boots so I'm pleased :)

I've also straight out told my beauty girl that I am TG now, and she has promised that we can gradually overtime make my eyebrows more feminine (without making drastic changes in one go) so that it's not too noticeable but over time try and find a nice shape that is feminine but that I can also just about get away with in "male mode".

All in all its been a good day!

Great to hear! :)
    i got myself a new jumper this weekend.a good start towards fleshing out my wardrobe.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bought a ladies coat a few months back, cost a bomb but I don't normally splurge! Couldn't leave M&S without it though, it was too gorgeous! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

H&M have a basics range which will have plain/simple staples that you can put with different pieces for different results and at the moment they've also got 15% off on top. - http://www.hm.com/gb/subdepartment/LADIES?Nr=4294868182
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres a blazer ive got my eye on. but that would be madness.

almost as if i wanted to go outside in it.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres a blazer ive got my eye on. but that would be madness.

almost as if i wanted to go outside in it.....

Gwarn! You know you want to ;-)
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second the poster who said nail polish is all about the practice. I spent years mucking it up and refused to give in. Now I can do a near perfect manicure in 10 mins. Keep at it. If you just want something less bold to try out with, buy a clear polish or just a pale pearly type one. Easy to apply and you could probably get away with the clear in your man mode too.

Foundation is also all about practice and trial and error. No exaggeration, I bet I have bought 100 foundations over the last twenty years that looked fine in the shop, then bright orange or flaky or ghostly white when I put them on in proper daylight. Unintentionally wasting money on make up is one of the pit falls of being a woman that you'll soon get used to!

To make the foundation easier to apply make sure you moisturise well before applying. Doesn't have to be a dear one, but preps your skin and helps the foundation last longer.

I hope all you TGs are enjoying finding your (femine and polished!) feet in a new world. Best of luck to you all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always moisturise before foundation and in fact even if I'm not wearing it. That an a cleanser in the morning (and double cleanse in the evening) have become part of my daily routine now since I've been making an effort with my skin.

Oh and always wearing sunscreen, even on the yukiest of days (like today!). I was told recently that about 80% of all damage to the skin by the sun is from simply being out and about in it no matter what the weather and apparently those days where it's freeZing cold but bright and sunny can be really bad for it, particularly if you are driving coming though your windscreen. Wear sunscreen ladies and gents :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited to get my brows done tomorrow.

Nervous for Wednesday though, getting my first intimate wax! Eek!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited to get my brows done tomorrow.

Nervous for Wednesday though, getting my first intimate wax! Eek!

Good luck! :D x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ouch!!!!

ill be buying more clothes when i get paid.

ive got a lot of preperation in the next six months. ive choosen manchesters gay pride for my first trip outside....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ouch!!!!

ill be buying more clothes when i get paid.

ive got a lot of preperation in the next six months. ive choosen manchesters gay pride for my first trip outside....

Really! That's fantastic. Hoping to attend that myself. :)