how come Nicky Slater never gets to comment ? same as last week ?

rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the first 3 skaters he hasnt made one comment or am i mistaken ?

i remember last week thinking the same thing ? he never gets a chance to speak ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason and Robin are the only two judges.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He never gets to say a word :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly asked for his comments on Jessica and he automatically thought she was talking to someone else. Quite bizarre, isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's unfair how Jason always gets to speak. I'm more interested in what Karen, Nicky and Robin says, they're the skaters after all! Nicky even more so, because he done ice dancing in particular and won't be quite so biased as Karen because she coaches them, although she's always encouraging and like Robin, actually gives constructive criticism.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly asked for his comments on Jessica and he automatically thought she was talking to someone else. Quite bizarre, isn't it?

I think he was making a point! Good on him. I really think the panel could do without Ruthie and just have the 3 skating judges along with Jason for the dancing elements.
  • davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member

I thought it was really bizarre too. He looked as if he was in another world !!
    What is up ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he was thinking about getting to Helsinki to commentate on the European championships!
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky even more so, because he done ice dancing in particular and won't be quite so biased as Karen because she coaches them,

Nicky did the ice dancing with Karen. I don't think she's biased with her remarks especially as she coaches all the dancers, I think she just prefers to talk up their good points.
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year, he started marking low and got to speak a bit more. They seem to skip him don't they?
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky did the ice dancing with Karen. I don't think she's biased with her remarks especially as she coaches all the dancers, I think she just prefers to talk up their good points.

Why is the fact that Karen and Nicky were pro partners never mentioned on the show :confused:

Even in the 'achievements and merits' bit of the intro - nothing!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They ask Jason too many times. I think it was mean to go to him after Melinda danced.
  • blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ermmmmmmm nothing weird abut it! I think they ask Jason more because he is going to be controversial. I know some would rather listen to other panelists/judges, but Jason is better TV for the masses, and said this before but ITV know where their bread is buttered!
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holly seems to go to the judge who gives the highest and lowest mark, generally jason is the lowest and karen and robin give the highest, nicky is in the middle with his marks so gets to speak less i think!
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holly usually asks for jason's opinions, and the others sort of take it in turn. it's annoying because jason's not the head judge, he's just the 'bad guy', so they ask him to make it more entertaining. but he just annoys me tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to hear more from Nicky as well. I generally agree that we hear too much from Jason and Ruthie, and not enough from the skaters.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I heard Nicky say plenty. They don't ask every judge a comment on every performance - just a selection and probably in rota.

The only judge I don't like is Ruthie. Why is she there? We have a judge who is voting on entertainment value and one of him is definitely enough.

Having Nicky and Karen as skating technique judges and Robin as overall judge is more than enough.
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I heard Nicky say plenty. They don't ask every judge a comment on every performance - just a selection and probably in rota.

The only judge I don't like is Ruthie. Why is she there? We have a judge who is voting on entertainment value and one of him is definitely enough.

Having Nicky and Karen as skating technique judges and Robin as overall judge is more than enough.

nicky was ignored for the first 3 performers this week, all the other spoke some 2/3 times!
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WEEK 1:

KAREN: Todd, Graeme, Michael, TOTAL 3
    NICKY: Jeremy, Todd, Ray, TOTAL 3
    JASON: Donal, Todd, Ray, Michael, TOTAL 4
    RUTHIE: Jeremy, Ellery, Graeme, TOTAL 3
    ROBIN: Donal, Ellery, TOTAL 2

WEEK 2:

KAREN: Roxanne, Coleen, TOTAL 2
    NICKY: Zoe, Jessica, TOTAL 2
    JASON: Roxanne, Melinda, Zoe, Jessica, TOTAL 4
    RUTHIE: Melinda, Gemma, TOTAL 2
    ROBIN: Roxanne, Coleen, Gemma, TOTAL 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at your stats, the least qualified gets to speak the most!!!

I wish they would stop speaking to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason wasn't so bad in series 1 and 2. They went more to him than anyone else but not as disproportionately as they do now. In series 3 he actually became tedious because they went to him so much more than anyone else.

Personally, I'd rather Robin as Head Judge were the one being asked to speak every time. He's an incredible skater and choreographer and usually says the same thing as Jason (who, I must admit, is usually accurate in his comments, even if he is appalling in the way he expresses himself) but more constructively. Of the other skaters on the judges' panel, Karen's too involved with the contestants and Nicky's just too erratic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robin Cousins has always been very well respected by everyone and he is so polite when making comments. As he is supposedly the head judge and would have the casting vote in a tie, Jason is not needed. As far as I'm concerned only the ex-skaters need to be listened to. The other 2 know very little about the subject.

I have to admit I am rather biased about Robin. I watched him (on tv) win his titles and saw him on the victory tour bus ride around Bristol, but he is still someone of superior knowledge on the sport.

Jason could learn a lot from him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's obvious they ask Jason more because he is likely to come out with something controversial.
    Nickey probably rarely gets to speak because he seems half asleep most the time. I remember seeing an article Jason did with a newspaper and in it he was talking negatively about everyone and one of the things that sticks in my mind was that he said Nickey gets easily flustered, like the time he somehow scored someone a 6 instead of 3.5 or something. I can see what he means when I watched the show on Sunday- he seemed to be in a world of his own and got flustered when he realised Holly was talking to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samitza wrote: »
    It's obvious they ask Jason more because he is likely to come out with something controversial.
    Nickey probably rarely gets to speak because he seems half asleep most the time. I remember seeing an article Jason did with a newspaper and in it he was talking negatively about everyone and one of the things that sticks in my mind was that he said Nickey gets easily flustered, like the time he somehow scored someone a 6 instead of 3.5 or something. I can see what he means when I watched the show on Sunday- he seemed to be in a world of his own and got flustered when he realised Holly was talking to him.
    Yes, Nicky's off in his own little Nicky-world half the time. It's partly why he's so erratic as a judge. :p

mindyann wrote: »
    Why is the fact that Karen and Nicky were pro partners never mentioned on the show :confused:

Even in the 'achievements and merits' bit of the intro - nothing!
    Because their skating partnership didn't end well and even now they're visibly still not entirely comfortable around each other. It's probably regarded as somewhat tactless to mention their partnership or perhaps one (or both) of them doesn't want it mentioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is unfair that Nicky is unable to comment much, and we don't always want to hear from Jason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WaiteLover wrote: »
    I think it is unfair that Nicky is unable to comment much, and we don't always want to hear from Jason.
    We hear mostly from Jason and Nicky comments as much as any of the other judges.

I still think we should hear mostly from Robin, though :(