Options

Susan Boyle today forced to pull out of Britain's Got Talent shows as doctors say....

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    skhwoody wrote: »
    and she would be biased....she works for the BGT team and they have a product to sell

The article was written prior to the semi finals when BGT were trying to talk up other acts as competition for Susan so why would they allow Yvie to say she was the best singer she had ever coached........:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was highlighted as a potential winner prior to the whole show being edited by the production team , who each year are looking for the person to hang the show and advertising on.

If you really feel the need to drag a newspaper article out with someone, who most people have never hear of and is part of the whole BGT bandwagon to prove to others that susan boyle can sing, then it seems people are just looking for ways to justify her.
    There is no doubt she can sing, but nowhere near as good as people are banging on about. Faced with doing something other than just singing a song word for word and then at some point while staring blankly at the audience raising your arms, she will struggle and that is her weakest link and ultimately her undoing, we have seen it with other potentially good singers on x factor et al as they force them to sing different styles of songs each week to show that they can sing, just singing two songs to a reasonable standard does not qualify her for super stardom, this whole story sickens me as it is so obviously not all about the voice which is the interest in her story, bot for anyone to admit that would mean they would be cast to hell. I just hope she gets everything out of it while she can before she is spat out the other side, which these days is around 12 months
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bree1955 wrote: »
    The article was written prior to the semi finals when BGT were trying to talk up other acts as competition for Susan so why would they allow Yvie to say she was the best singer she had ever coached........:confused:

I don't believe that for a moment! Who else has Yvie coached? If she's a professional vocal coach, I'd have expected her to have worked with West End performers, pop singers, etc. If she has worked with professional singers, then she really is talking out of her posterior because she must have come across many, many voices that are far better than Susan's!

I'd be interested to know if she's worked with Leona Lewis, Ruth Lorenzo, Rhydian Roberts, Connie Fisher, Aoife Mulholland, Lee Mead, Daniel Boys, Ruthie Henshall, Lea Salonga, John Barrowman, Paul Potts or Faryl Smith. They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head who are vastly superior to Susan. No doubt I could come up with other names if I put my mind to it. Basically, Susan has an OK voice, but to say she's the best singer she's ever coached suggests that either Yvie is lying or that she's only coached a very limited (and poor) group of singers.

Incidentally, it's highly unprofessional of Yvie to be making comments like that (even if the sentiment is genuine). It's insulting to the other people she's coached and isn't doing Susan any favours. She needs honest assesment, not hype. It's also not a good advert for Yvie's coaching, since Susan still has trouble singing in time to the music and her breathing is all over the place!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a moment! Who else has Yvie coached? If she's a professional vocal coach, I'd have expected her to have worked with West End performers, pop singers, etc. If she has worked with professional singers, then she really is talking out of her posterior because she must have come across many, many voices that are far better than Susan's!

I'd be interested to know if she's worked with Leona Lewis, Ruth Lorenzo, Rhydian Roberts, Connie Fisher, Aoife Mulholland, Lee Mead, Daniel Boys, Ruthie Henshall, Lea Salonga, John Barrowman, Paul Potts or Faryl Smith. They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head who are vastly superior to Susan. No doubt I could come up with other names if I put my mind to it. Basically, Susan has an OK voice, but to say she's the best singer she's ever coached suggests that either Yvie is lying or that she's only coached a very limited (and poor) group of singers.

Incidentally, it's highly unprofessional of Yvie to be making comments like that (even if the sentiment is genuine). It's insulting to the other people she's coached and isn't doing Susan any favours. She needs honest assesment, not hype. It's also not a good advert for Yvie's coaching, since Susan still has trouble singing in time to the music and her breathing is all over the place!

Yvie is the voice coach for BGT and X Factor which means she has worked with Leona Lewis, Rhydian Roberts and Paul Potts amongst others. I posted the link originally to show that not all experts, like yourself, think that Susan is not special, you don't like her , I get that, but stop behaving as though you are the only person in the world whose opinion counts.

PS I suggest you read the article before sounding off about it.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Yvie is the voice coach for BGT and X Factor which means she has worked with Leona Lewis, Rhydian Roberts and Paul Potts amongst others. I posted the link originally to show that not all experts, like yourself, think that Susan is not special, you don't like her , I get that, but stop behaving as though you are the only person in the world whose opinion counts.

Yvie was very complimentary about Susan, but the actual wording of her praise means that she has not said that Susan is better than the other contestants you mention. I think she was very careful in that respect. Quote: "when it comes to Susan's genre of music, she is the best that I have ever had the pleasure of coaching".
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I get annoyed with people like Yvie (i.e. professionals) who should know better, but who help fan the hype by making such ridiculous statements. It's not helping Susan. If anything it's hindering her by giving her an unrealistic idea of her talent. It's hard enough for the most emotionally balanced person to keep their feet on the ground in the entertainment industry, never mind an emotionally fragile person like Susan!

Incidentally, there is no need for personal insults. This thread is about Susan. Let's keep on topic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »

Incidentally, there is no need for personal insults. This thread is about Susan. Let's keep on topic!

It was not a personal insult merely an admonition to read the article before commenting, which you clearly had not done.

You may respond if you wish but I have said all I am going to say on the subject.