Foxsat schedule tracking bug

richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My F1 series link showed a new bug in the schedule tracking feature.

Obviously the live qualifying and live race have the same series CRID so after yesterday mornings (abandoned) qualifying had gone off air the live race was added to the schedule as the next planned recording in that series.

However the second attempt at live qualifying was then at 1:50 AM sunday morning and was added to the EPG sometime Saturday afternoon. It had the sames series CRID but different prog CRID but did not appear in the recording schedule nor did it have a clock icon on the EPG slot.

Left it till late Saturday night but it still had not resolved itself so had to perform a complete schedule rebuild by pressing guide and this fixed the issue.

Incidentally the HDR FOX-T2 also had the live race in its schedule but was clever enough (after the BBC had updated the EPG obviously) to update its schedule to add the extra session of qualifying without any user intervention.

Comments

• scargillscargill Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm - weird simply because mine recorded it without any intervention; was honestly quite impressed!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    I suspect it depends on whether the box has come out of full standby at some point after recording the original quali session and after the broadcast EPG info has been updated but before the new quali session was due to start. My box wasn't and didn't record the new session. While the box is in full standby it will not be monitoring schedule changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I had a similar issue, but the first I knew of it was around 06:00 on Sunday morning, when I got up to watch the qualifying followed by the race, and found that the qualifying hadn't recorded. I can't say for sure, but I'm sure on saturday night, that I saw the clock icon on the rescheduled Sunday morning qualifying.
  • germanycallinggermanycalling Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if you'll excuse my French it completely buggered mine! I had two failed recordings and a recording which failed to stop :(. The Sunday qualifying recorded after I requested it manually having noticed that the series link was not active for the qualifying. It didn't stop so I also had the News and then the race etc etc.I spotted the run away recording and stopped it. However the clock was continuously displayed and the light remained blue even though standby was requested. No other scheduled recordings. A power cycle restored normality.