Will Matt be big outside of xfactor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
He'll do well with his fans buying his records but will he appeal to people who find xfactor crap the only acts who have suceeded are Diana and maybe Leona.

Matt has had 2 bands but scored little success, why have none of the indie labels signed him or why hasn't he got a following on you tube/spotify etc

Will these indie labels suddenly change their mind about him now he's been on xfactor, will he be a future nme winner?

Or will he go the same way as previous male winners

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I'll say it once, and I'll say it again.

Syco need to take a leaf out of Epic's books.

they HAVE to release his single during the summer otherwise he will fail :)
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. He won't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    It's getting harder and harder to find new things to talk about, but i bet my last rolo we're going to read the same rants and "jokes" again.
  • TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll do well with his fans buying his records but will he appeal to people who find xfactor crap the only acts who have suceeded are Diana and maybe Leona.

Matt has had 2 bands but scored little success, why have none of the indie labels signed him or why hasn't he got a following on you tube/spotify etc

Will these indie labels suddenly change their mind about him now he's been on xfactor, will he be a future nme winner?

Or will he go the same way as previous male winners

The only acts who have succeeded are Diana and maybe Leona? Are you on drugs?

Leona is a megastar and Alexandra is huge - don't know about Diana.

Matt is boring and can't sing in tune half the time. I don't understand his appeal and I doubt he will be a success after a year. He will go the way of other boring, can't understand their appeal male winners, into the bargain bin. Can you really see him appealing beyond these shores?

The only one with potential international appeal is Rebecca who has so much style and sings beautifully.

This is a good article about her:

http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2010/12/12/x-factor-saturday-final-rebecca-ferguson-in-luisa-beccaria-richard-sorger-william-tempest/

I doubt she will win because this country is perverse, and there is always the racist element that will never vote for her, but I hope she will do well afterwards. I hope there is an American producer who has noticed her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    I'll say it once, and I'll say it again.

Syco need to take a leaf out of Epic's books.

they HAVE to release his single during the summer otherwise he will fail :)

There was talk of an early release, I also have another question, the stuff he's done with the band is very different to most of the songs he's sang on xfactor so will he go back to that or stick to the song's he's been singing on the show

Personally I think it will be somewhere down the middle
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    Tewingirl wrote: »

Matt is boring and can't sing in tune half the time. I don't understand his appeal and I doubt he will be a success after a year. He will go the way of other boring, can't understand their appeal male winners, into the bargain bin. Can you really see him appealing beyond these shores?

The only one with potential international appeal is Rebecca who has so much style and sings beautifully.

http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2010/12/12/x-factor-saturday-final-rebecca-ferguson-in-luisa-beccaria-richard-sorger-william-tempest/

I doubt she will win because this country is perverse, and there is always the racist element that will never vote for her, but I hope she will do well afterwards. I hope there is an American producer who has noticed her.

This comment reads even more racist than the point you were attempting to put over!

I really don't understand why, this old chestnut has to come up over, and over again. In regard to the X-Factor it certainly is untrue when Leona and Alexandra have won it in the past.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    No. He won't.

Agree. He will go the same way as previous male winners. I do like his voice though but I love Leon's voice and look what happened there.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

Funny how they voted for Alexandra and Leona .... to win :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    This comment reads even more racist than the point you were attempting to put over!

I really don't understand why, this old chestnut has to come up over, and over again. In regard to the X-Factor it certainly is untrue when Leona and Alexandra have won it in the past.

What is racist about saying there is a racist element in the UK? It is stating a fact. There are about 10-20% of people in the UK who are really racist and would never vote for a black person. So if a black singer wins, it is a monumental achievement because they will never get certain votes.

I find it perplexing when people like you say it is racist to mention racism. Thank God there wasn't this attitude when Martin Luther King was campaigning for civil rights. He wouldn't have been allowed to state the fact that there was racism in the US (which there still is, or are you going to say that is racist to say that too?).

Weird and perplexing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Funny how they voted for Alexandra and Leona .... to win :rolleyes:

Did you actually read my post? I said there is a racist element that will never vote for a black person. So as Alexander and Leona won with a percentage of the votes, not 100% of the votes, it can be said with perfect reason that the racist element did not vote for Leona and Alexandra.

Do you understand now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    What is racist about saying there is a racist element in the UK? It is stating a fact. There are about 10-20% of people in the UK who are really racist and would never vote for a black person. So if a black singer wins, it is a monumental achievement because they will never get certain votes.

I find it perplexing when people like you say it is racist to mention racism. Thank God there wasn't this attitude when Martin Luther King was campaigning for civil rights. He wouldn't have been allowed to state the fact that there was racism in the US (which there still is, or are you going to say that is racist to say that too?).

Weird and perplexing.

I never knew everyone was asked if they are racist for you to come up with 10 - 20% of the UK being racist :confused: I can imagine it now on the current census "Are you racist?"... who would answer "yes"? ;)

Leona, Alex and JLS are, coincidentally, the three biggest things to ever come from the show. Incidentally they are all mixed-race.

In the final between Alex and JLS then 100% of the votes went to mixed-raced people :D;)

There may be a lot of racist idiots in this country but it has little effect on the X-Factor.

Lets not get caught up in pointless generalisations and made up statistics about race, ey?
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is going to depend on what music they get after the show, all of the previous winners had good voices and a lot of public support but their second singles have either been covers or Simon's bargin basement songs. I think where Matt stands a better chance is that he writes as well as sing and play an instrument, which is why as much as I prefer him to the others I won't be disappointed if he doesn't win, I think he will do better elsewhere. I think Simon sees One Direction as his big money makers just because he can put out any old rubbish and the kids will buy it because the boys are cute. Rebecca will be shipped off to the US where she will be ok until people get bored of the lack of performance.
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should Matt win, I think he has a better chance than previous male winners. The vaious men I have watched the show with (I have my admirers on rotation) have said they liked Matt, I think he has more general appeal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew everyone was asked if they are racist for you to come up with 10 - 20% of the UK being racist :confused: I can imagine it now on the current census "Are you racist?"... who would answer "yes"? ;)

Leona, Alex and JLS are, coincidentally, the three biggest things to ever come from the show. Incidentally they are all mixed-race.

There may be a lot of racist idiots in this country but it has little effect on the X-Factor.

Lets not get caught up in pointless generalisations and made up statistics about race, ey?

I came to that statistic after seeing the percentage of votes that the BNP got in the last few elections, and just general reading of current affairs. 10-20% if pretty flexible, but I believe that is a fair assessment of the current situation in this country. Obviously they won't be buying Leona, Alexandra and JLS records, so I don't know why that is relevant for you to mention. The other 80% will have some people buying their records which is enough to make them successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    It is going to depend on what music they get after the show, all of the previous winners had good voices and a lot of public support but their second singles have either been covers or Simon's bargin basement songs. I think where Matt stands a better chance is that he writes as well as sing and play an instrument, which is why as much as I prefer him to the others I won't be disappointed if he doesn't win, I think he will do better elsewhere. I think Simon sees One Direction as his big money makers just because he can put out any old rubbish and the kids will buy it because the boys are cute. Rebecca will be shipped off to the US where she will be ok until people get bored of the lack of performance.

Matt's schtick will soon get old. Remember all the hoo ha about that group in the Sky talent contest (can't even remember their names)? Everyone was saying how talented and huge they would be, but they've disappeared without a trace. Matt playing his own instrument has no bearing on how successful he will be.

I agree about WE - the silly teenies in this country will ensure their success whether they are good or not.

Rebecca not moving won't be a problem re. sales - SuBo doesn't exactly leap about the stage does she? If people like her voice she will do well.
    Forum Member
    I came to that statistic after seeing the percentage of votes that the BNP got in the last few elections, and just general reading of current affairs. 10-20% if pretty flexible, but I believe that is a fair assessment of the current situation in this country. Obviously they won't be buying Leona, Alexandra and JLS records, so I don't know why that is relevant for you to mention. The other 80% will have some people buying their records which is enough to make them successful.

The BNP lost half of their seats in the most recent election and in one region they lost every single seat they gained in 2006, so there's that theory out of the window. Further to that, the BNP only campaign in a limited number of areas. On top of that, the BNP campaign with things like "we will make your schools better and put money into the local community" so slightly naive people vote in that respect rather than because they're racist (i.e. they're just ignorant in general).

You're getting caught up with a vocal minority and thinking that represents everyone.

The UK urban scene and R&B as massively popular and they're mainly by black and mixed-raced acts.

I actually can't believe the BNP and the X-Factor are being discussed in the same thread!!!
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would you like to stop spouting nonsense, and actually make your point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member

I think it is stretch to say that anyone voting BNP will not buy music from Black artists. Yes there are a shocking % of BNP votes but I think you will find those votes are largely cast by the little educated underclass of GB who are highly influenced by the red tops and campaign propaganda, who felt their concerns regarding immigration were being brushed under the carpet. Yes, SOME BNP voters are hardcore racists but the party was clever in its campaign and won a lot of votes from people who I consider to be more implicit racists ('Im not racist but...' kind of people. I don't think it would occur to these sorts to discriminate on a musical level!
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    Dan Wooton of the NOTW (who's been in a twitter bust up with Steve Brookstein which isnt relevant but anyway...:p) and has had regular goes at Matt throughout:

"X Factor male winners have been cursed until now but I think the one bloke who will be able to buck the trend is MATT CARDLE. He should be named King of X Factor tonight and I plan to help back him to enduring pop success. Boy band ONE DIRECTION will also be an XS fixture for long time to come.'

Just his opinion of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackiebo wrote: »
    Would you like to stop spouting nonsense, and actually make your point?

I have made my point - you are just refusing to see it. Once the word "racism" is used on this board, the anger and weird sense of fury blinds everyone to any salient points being made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BNP lost half of their seats in the most recent election and in one region they lost every single seat they gained in 2006, so there's that theory out of the window. Further to that, the BNP only campaign in a limited number of areas. On top of that, the BNP campaign with things like "we will make your schools better and put money into the local community" so slightly naive people vote in that respect rather than because they're racist (i.e. they're just ignorant in general).

You're getting caught up with a vocal minority and thinking that represents everyone.

The UK urban scene and R&B as massively popular and they're mainly by black and mixed-raced acts.

I actually can't believe the BNP and the X-Factor are being discussed in the same thread!!!

Hmmm, re. the bolded bit. How does 10-20% mean "everyone"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Matt will do well. He has a vast vocal range. But its not just his singing that will take him leaps and bounds above any of the others, its that he will be able to write his own songs to suit his voice. That where the money is and IMO that is were Matt will be going.
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, re. the bolded bit. How does 10-20% mean "everyone"?

Well, let me change it to "between 6 and 12 million people" in that case.

Just let is go Tewingirl and move on; there's no real justification in the argument.
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Yes Matt will do well. He has a vast vocal range. But its not just his singing that will take him leaps and bounds above any of the others, its that he will be able to write his own songs to suit his voice. That where the money is and IMO that is were Matt will be going.

Shayne Ward recently said that everything needs to be signed off by Simon, so I don't think Matt will be given as much control as he wants. Matt will be marketed to suit Syco's needs, not his own needs.
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have made my point - you are just refusing to see it. Once the word "racism" is used on this board, the anger and weird sense of fury blinds everyone to any salient points being made.

Thank-you for telling me that i refuse to see something that i simply do not understand- it makes me feel so much more intellegent!

However, I still fail to understand your last sentence. Are you callling me racist, or saying that others are racist, or are YOU being racist? I really do not know:confused: