Ant and Dec.

I have always liked Ant and Dec, whatever programme they are in, but this years IAC... is so boring with the lack of big celebrities and big characters, that I find I am watching it just for their segments.
They seem to be especially on top form this year.

The Producers of this programme have to overhaul the trials and general format, plus gets some real celebrities before next year, or I think it will go the same way as Dancing on Ice.

Comments

• Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Producers of this programme have to overhaul the trials and general format, plus gets some real celebrities before next year, or I think it will go the same way as Dancing on Ice.

People have been saying this for years.

The shows only saving grace IS that it is hosted by Ant and Dec. Anyone else and I think the ratings would be rock bottom.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Most years I know a fairly small percentage of the 'celebrities', I always smile when people moan that they're not proper celebs, I've only ever watched for And and Dec, their 'banter' (true banter imo) and reactions to what's happening in camp. Strangely I don't watch them in anything else, tried Sat Night Takeaway and hated it.
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if the show was hosted by, let's say, Keith Lemon and Paddy Mcguiness. No chance would I be watching, Ant and Dec really do keep this show alive.
  • digicamdigicam Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith Lemon is worse than Swash!
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite bit from them this season is when they were talking about how a great inspiration woman kendra is and how she has true family values.

then ant goes, here she is talking about her time being a stripper :D
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that people still don't get the character played by Leigh Francis, it makes it all the funnier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Ant and Dec seem to be the only reason for people watching, let's just send Ant and Dec into the camp, then we'll have Ant and Dec doing the links, and Ant and Dec during the adverts. We can then use zelebs instead of bugs during the trials. At the end of each series, there should be no winner because Ant and Dec come as a pair, and within a week or none we'd all forget anyway. If Ant and Dec don't win this then I'm never watching this rubbish again!!!! Byker Byker Byker Grove YEAH!
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant & Dec really are the dream team, and they are saving it this year. Previous years I'd be like "Oh they are so funny but let's see what's going on in camp...". This year I sigh every time they end a link.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are the best bit of the show. Their comic timid is brilliant. They always look as if they are enjoying themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    I love that people still don't get the character played by Leigh Francis, it makes it all the funnier.

You're not referring to me with that are you? I've known it was Leigh Francis since bo selecta. But yes obviously some folks aren't aware.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are the best bit of the show. Their comic timid is brilliant. They always look as if they are enjoying themselves.

Love a bit of good comic timid ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    You're not referring to me with that are you? I've known it was Leigh Francis since bo selecta. But yes obviously some folks aren't aware.

I wasn't pointing it out as fact, people know that it's a character... although I do wonder whether some remember that he's playing a spoof host when they say how unfunny he is. I've always thought that he was intentionally over-the-top, and was was supposed to be pretty offensive and lame.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's irritating though.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    digicam wrote: »
    Keith Lemon is worse than Swash!

Steady on ..... :o Equal at least .... surely? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't pointing it out as fact, people know that it's a character... although I do wonder whether some remember that he's playing a spoof host when they say how unfunny he is. I've always thought that he was intentionally over-the-top, and was was supposed to be pretty offensive and lame.

Sure it's intentional, I just think the character has run its course. Far more annoying than funny these days imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's irritating though.

For me that's also the point. How many hosts in the past just relied on stupid repetitive catchphrases or the like? He's meant to be all the bad things about those kind of people bundled into one ridiculous ball of ginger stupidity. I think he does it rather well.
    farlofan wrote: »
    Sure it's intentional, I just think the character has run its course. Far more annoying than funny these days imo.

Bruce Forsyth comes to mind. Many are of the opinion that he should have hung up his silly moustache many moons ago, but he went on and on and on, so isn't that part of the joke,? The idea that you perhaps really aren't as great as you think you are, but blindly plough forward anyway? Maybe I just have a weird sense of humour. All this being said, we don't watch CJ as much anymore because it's always the same, so maybe you have a point :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member

I don't understand would you please explain.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    Yep, and I was suprised when I learned that it is all scripted and rehearsed, they really are the best. <3
    He's irritating though.

He certainly is. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    I don't understand would you please explain.

I think my previous posts explain my thoughts enough, so I won't bore people any further.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree where the trials are concerned opening poster, I think they have added a few different ones, I have enjoyed them this year.

IMO there is no one else to take over from Ant & Dec, they are the show.
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    I disagree where the trials are concerned opening poster, I think they have added a few different ones, I have enjoyed them this year.

IMO there is no one else to take over from Ant & Dec, they are the show.

My view is that every trial contains, "cockroaches and crickets" and it gets boring.
    Why not just have more trials of skill and stamina.
    The trial that Michael and Vicky did on the wheel and throwing the balls in the basket would have been a good trial, without the stupid "cockroaches and crickets" being tipped on them.

What has made some of the Bushtucker trials fun has been the absence of "cockroaches and crickets" in every one.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant and Dec are likeable, but their humour is a bit basic. Whatever happens or is said in camp is merely copied and parodied among themselves. They are not the new Morecambe and Wise as some papers suggest.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »
    Ant and Dec are likeable, but their humour is a bit basic. Whatever happens or is said in camp is merely copied and parodied among themselves. They are not the new Morecambe and Wise as some papers suggest.

It's the way they tell 'em! :D
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should move to a different location like brazil. that way it may encourage bigger starts due to location and different animals/insects and challenges.
    australia is just too basic and bland now,
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    they should move to a different location like brazil. that way it may encourage bigger starts due to location and different animals/insects and challenges.
    australia is just too basic and bland now,

Good idea. Brazilian wandering spiders and anacondas in a REAL jungle instead of harmless insects and drugged up house rats in what is basically no more contrived a place than Birmingham Botanical gardens.