Office Christmas parties how awkward/cringey

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Office Christmas parties how awkward/cringey are they when you all go out make fools of yourselves from being so drunk then having to face eachother the next day :p. Or if you dont get on with certain people and you having to make small talk in the party

Comments

• Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    It's never a good idea to get drunk at an office party. I've known people sacked after getting legless at the work do.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing can beat the secretary/receptionist of our company twerking the accountant in full view of his wife last week. He was clearly embarrassed. his wife furious and he atmosphere in the office since has been murder ! Hope they all get over it when they come back to work in the new year because it's affecting everyone :o
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ....mine is tonight!!!!! Going to some outdoor marquee venue within the grounds of The Tower Of London.

Its debatable whether or not I'll make it in tomorrow....................... :p
  • Black CloudBlack Cloud Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ....mine is tonight!!!!! Going to some outdoor marquee venue within the grounds of The Tower Of London.

Its debatable whether or not I'll make it in tomorrow....................... :p

Don't get too rat faced or you may end up with your heat on a pikestaff at Trators Gate given the location.:p

Personally I prefer to give works do's a miss.
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be banned.

Not that I go these days.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but the most cringetastic episode I saw was a colleague who was into heavy rock at the office party, asked the DJ did he have any AC/DC. Once "Back in Black" came on, he ran to the boss' table whilst shitfaced, knelt down in front of him and his wife, then played air guitar all the way over onto his back. To compound this facepalm-worthy behaviour, he then grabbed a load of beef off the boss' plate held it triumphantly above his head, before lowering it like entrails into his mouth.

The boss was not impressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    we had xmas lunch today..was ok, moody woman still bit funny.Lunch was ok, turkey was nice, soggy sprouts, one small sausage ( no bacon).mashed swede and sm boat of gravy..Xmas pud was ok, small portion with custard..The Pepsi drink was good cos it was a free refill..After dinner we did bran tub ( secret Santa), and i ended up picking my number ( crap idea :D), so i said it was mine, then everyone knew ( rolleyes), but swapped with someone else and i think i ended up with the moody woman's pressie , she looked at me thinking she wished someone else would have picked hers ( rolleyes again)--anyway she in work tomorrow so im wondering if she mentions it :D..Crackers were crap too, as there was no pressie in some..i wore the hat from cracker( i was glad to get home to be honest Lol) Shared a lift both ways and as the woman drivng hit the red traffic light i said i would get out here if that was ok, she said why, where you going, i said home gotta get bus ( there was a bus coming so i legged it over the main road and got it )
    Merry Christmas , bah humbugs :D
  • Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asked the DJ did he have any AC/DC. Once "Back in Black" came on,

I'm impressed he had anything by AC DC, thought it was all Agadoo and old Abba, Slade and Queen songs these days.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Don't get too rat faced or you may end up with your heat on a pikestaff at Trators Gate given the location.:p

Personally I prefer to give works do's a miss.

Aw, do you? Your user name is most appropriate then. Misery!

Actually, joking apart, I pick and choose work do's. The Christmas party is always something I go to. The firm are paying for me to eat and drink! Also, you can just have fun yapping, having a laugh and a boogie. It's the minority that can spoil it, and I tend to just stay away from them or leave if things get bad.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    we had xmas lunch today..was ok, moody woman still bit funny.Lunch was ok, turkey was nice, soggy sprouts, one small sausage ( no bacon).mashed swede and sm boat of gravy..Xmas pud was ok, small portion with custard..The Pepsi drink was good cos it was a free refill..After dinner we did bran tub ( secret Santa), and i ended up picking my number ( crap idea :D), so i said it was mine, then everyone knew ( rolleyes), but swapped with someone else and i think i ended up with the moody woman's pressie , she looked at me thinking she wished someone else would have picked hers ( rolleyes again)--anyway she in work tomorrow so im wondering if she mentions it :D..Crackers were crap too, as there was no pressie in some..i wore the hat from cracker( i was glad to get home to be honest Lol) Shared a lift both ways and as the woman drivng hit the red traffic light i said i would get out here if that was ok, she said why, where you going, i said home gotta get bus ( there was a bus coming so i legged it over the main road and got it )
    Merry Christmas , bah humbugs :D

Sounds a bit iffy, at least you managed to escape at the red light :D
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Nothing can beat the secretary/receptionist of our company twerking the accountant in full view of his wife last week.

Is that what it sounds like?:o (I.e. hand job?)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    Is that what it sounds like?:o (I.e. hand job?)

No, not quite :D think Miley Cyrus in painful looking knicker and bra jiggling her bum at some Awards do earlier this year :)

Ours is tomorrow, just a meal at the pub, although boss and his wife are guaranteed to get bladdered, which is usually a laugh.

Most cringeworthy, many moons ago when two people decided it would be a great idea to have sex in one of the offices, which had glass windows along one of the corridors, and ended up performing in front of most of the people they worked with (no, I was neither a participant or a watcher - thankfully for them in was well before the days of mobile phones, never mind mobile phones with cameras)