Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just the wedding, no. But it sets up some tension around whether Robert will get caught before he can marry Chrissie, and how far he'll go to keep the affair secret.

Thanks for your reply
    Personally, i see the wedding as an almost irrelevant side issue in all of this.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply
    Personally, i see the wedding as an almost irrelevant side issue in all of this.

Of course it is - there's only 3 episodes to go before the wedding day - and not a single mention of it has there been so far!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your reply
    Of course it is - there's only 3 episodes to go before the wedding day - and not a single mention of it has there been so far!

Think I must be watching a different show! Robert keeps saying how he's going to marry Chrissie, and how he wants to be a good husband, and how the thing with Aaron has to stop once he's married, yada yada. Meanwhile, Chrissie is constantly wedding planning.

Like almost all soap weddings, specially the ones where they're not well-suited, it's a plot point - will Robert get found out in time, tune in to find out, OMG, etc. It's not the whole purpose of the story.

But like I said, I'm clearly watching my own show here. I'll shut up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o

There's no need to shut up!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I must be watching a different show! Robert keeps saying how he's going to marry Chrissie, and how he wants to be a good husband, and how the thing with Aaron has to stop once he's married, yada yada. Meanwhile, Chrissie is constantly wedding planning.

Like almost all soap weddings, specially the ones where they're not well-suited, it's a plot point - will Robert get found out in time, tune in to find out, OMG, etc. It's not the whole purpose of the story.

C'mon - this is a HOME FARM wedding - a few throwaway lines about Chrissie planning a wedding does not a storyline make with only 3 episodes to go. :p

It wouldn't even surprise me if we don't get any wedding scenes at all - after all the who-ha with Katie - they'll just cut to Robert & Chrissie coming out of the wedding room - she'll have a big smile on her face - he'll look like butter wouldn't melt - & voila - they'll be Mr & Mrs just like that :D

Oh - and Lachlan will be off somewhere getting his hair done in the same style as David whilst ogling pictures of Alicia on his camera.....
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Robert has to marry Chrissie so he can be the young Lord of the Manor.,
    If he doesn't marry her he'll be poor and powerless.

I think the wedding has been mentioned a bit but not enough but thats better than not being mentioned at all like Jai having a Paternity test to see which child is his.
    Now THATS ridiculous.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

There's no need to shut up!:D

Too late, I've taken a vow of silenc ... Oh damn. ;-)
    C'mon - this is a HOME FARM wedding - a few throwaway lines about Chrissie planning a wedding does not a storyline make with only 3 episodes to go. :p

It wouldn't even surprise me if we don't get any wedding scenes at all - after all the who-ha with Katie - they'll just cut to Robert & Chrissie coming out of the wedding room - she'll have a big smile on her face - he'll look like butter wouldn't melt - & voila - they'll be Mr & Mrs just like that :D

Oh - and Lachlan will be off somewhere getting his hair done in the same style as David whilst ogling pictures of Alicia on his camera.....

BIB: But she's bought a dress! :p No, you're probably right though.

Maybe I didn't explain myself right - I don't mean the wedding is important - I mean Robert being married to Chrissie (and therefore having the money, status, bla-de-bla) is important. Basically, wot chitarivera said. :cool:

Lachlan getting a David cut would be the best bit of all of it. Even funnier if David had kept his tragic Ageing Boy Band Daft Quiff. Lachlan would rock that look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert has to marry Chrissie so he can be the young Lord of the Manor.,
    If he doesn't marry her he'll be poor and powerless.
    You mean - you don't want Robert to jilt Chrissie at the altar - sweep Aaron into his arms saying "I love you Aaron - I don't care what happens - we can do anything, as long as we're................TOGETHER!"
    I'm disappointed in you Chita :p:D
    I think the wedding has been mentioned a bit but not enough but thats better than not being mentioned at all like Jai having a Paternity test to see which child is his.
    Now THATS ridiculous.
    C'mon Chita - how could they do a paternity test when the real Archie was actually the one he had.
    Now you're just being ridiculous :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With just a few days to go, The Star, Metro and now soapsqwak, are all telling porkies?
    Here's a quote from Sammy, in yesterdays Sun.
    Emmerdale is a fantastic place to work!
    Everyone would like to return, unless, of course, their character has a tragic ending.

I've just been shopping and seen the covers of next weeks TV mags . The headline is "Katie revenge ends in ttagedy"
    Even you must now accept that can only mean one thing.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that would make Aaron a terrible narcissus, I mean Ross is Aaron lite after all:D

Ross has far more personality than Surly Aaron.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I get the feeling he's trying to take over David's life. Getting the tattoos and everything in order to "become David." And that involves having Alicia as his own.

That makes sense. The storyline seems to be building up now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Some of the Emmerdale story lines are really rubbish at the moment. The most laughable one is the Farchie and Robert and Aaron. I didn't think Robert was Aaron's type at all. Infact, Ross is more like it.

The Archie storyline is awful. However, I am enjoying the Katie storyline, with her trying to find something on Robert. I have also thought the recent Belle and Charity stories were excellent. I like the build up with Lachlan and the Emma character is interesting to watch. Far better than the Vanessa and Kirin rubbish. I am not sure what to make of Robert and Aaron together. I do think the actor who plays Robert is doing a good job though.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is rare when I agree with you.
    I love Katie/Sammy, but I have also noticed how dodgy her acting has been during this story.
    I'm getting the impression she's not believing in how Katie is behaving or in this Robert.
    Everything about this story is so far removed from how they always were as individuals and as lovers that it makes it impossible for me to care about the story.

I had high hopes for Chrissie. Unfortunately, the actress is struggling to cope.:(

Does Sammy Winward have an agent? If she does I hope he or she tried to change her mind about leaving ED. She really has very little chance of making it outside of a soap as would most of the ED actors. Though I can understand why she wants to try and do something else.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    Does Sammy Winward have an agent? If she does I hope he or she tried to change her mind about leaving ED. She really has very little chance of making it outside of a soap as would most of the ED actors. Though I can understand why she wants to try and do something else.

I know. I can't see her having the success that Lacey Turner had. Wasn't she the main character in like 3 different shows? She just doesn't have the talent.

I can't even see her getting reality tv deals... she just seems so boring!
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know. I can't see her having the success that Lacey Turner had. Wasn't she the main character in like 3 different shows? She just doesn't have the talent.

I know Sammy is limited in her range but when ever she is interviewed she comes across as being really nice. I do hope she proves us all wrong and does something fantastic. I like the actress. She has a nice way about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lacey Turner is an atrocious gurner who cannot speak a line without screwing up her face. Yes she got hree roles but off the back of her popularity from EE but none of thise shows made an impact. She was going nowhere fast and that's why shes back in EE. You don't go back to a soap if you're doing well.
    As for Sammy Winward being a boring person. How would you know that? From everything I have heard from those in the show she's a very popular character and a lot of fun to be around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I know Sammy is limited in her range but when ever she is interviewed she comes across as being really nice. I do hope she proves us all wrong and does something fantastic. I like the actress. She has a nice way about her.

Sammy held her own with Karl Davis who has gone on to do better things. Jenna Colleman was nothing special in ED but look at her now. They did the right thing by getting some experience and moving on working and learning from different actors snd directors. If Sammy was serious about acting rather than just being a soap star then she too should have moved on 6 years ago. I fear she's left it too late. Hope i'm wrong because she does seem so nice.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Lacey Turner is an atrocious gurner who cannot speak a line without screwing up her face. Yes she got hree roles but off the back of her popularity from EE but none of thise shows made an impact. She was going nowhere fast and that's why shes back in EE. You don't go back to a soap if you're doing well.
    Good post.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Wow, Emma Barton is a right minx isn't she!!!!
    Adam is so horrible. And ok I know what she did is evil, but it was against Adam, so .... :D

I don't know what Victoria sees in him.

Is Pearl struggling to pay her bills?
    Is this yet another rehashed storyline from Kate Oates? A repeat of Edna struggling to pay for her boiler repair and Tom King giving her a loan? Looks like it.
    And if Belle buries a bag of money up on the moors we'll have a copy of Zak's illness too.
    So as well as the "Random Couple Generator" that we had when Stuart Blackburn was in charge, we now seem to have a "random historical storyline regurgitator" as well.

And why is Rachel still here?
    And Tracy?
    >:(
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Emma Barton is a right minx isn't she!!!!
    Adam is so horrible. And ok I know what she did is evil, but it was against Adam, so .... :D

I don't know what Victoria sees in him.

Is Pearl struggling to pay her bills?
    Is this yet another rehashed storyline from Kate Oates? A repeat of Edna struggling to pay for her boiler repair and Tom King giving her a loan? Looks like it.
    And if Belle buries a bag of money up on the moors we'll have a copy of Zak's illness too.
    So as well as the "Random Couple Generator" that we had when Stuart Blackburn was in charge, we now seem to have a "random historical storyline regurgitator" as well.

And why is Rachel still here?
    And Tracy?
    >:(

The last 2 questions could be answered in 3 letters: S, a & m.

A spoiler I have read is that apparently
    Rachel leaves for Luton towatds the end of February
  • Options
    Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news about Rachel! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 2 questions could be answered in 3 letters: S, a & m.

A spoiler I have read is that apparently
    Rachel leaves for Luton towatds the end of February
    Does she definitely leave though? I have a feeling she will make plans to leave, then Sam will declare his love for her and beg her to stay, which she will. I cannot see her returning, then leaving straight after. It does not make sense.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Does she definitely leave though? I have a feeling she will make plans to leave, then Sam will declare his love for her and beg her to stay, which she will. I cannot see her returning, then leaving straight after. It does not make sense.
    To quote All About Soap, on Thursday 26th Feb
    Michelle Hardwick's birthday but I digress
    "Rachel says goodbye to her loved ones when she and Archie leave for a new job in Luton."
    Of course, for all we know Rachel could then be persuaded to head back to the village
  • Options
    Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria is a little boring, but I like her enough. I don't know why she took Adam back so quickly. It would have been nice to see her make him work for her some. These instant relationships are so lame.

I continue to love Robert. He can do little wrong in my book. I cannot wait to see what happens next and how he (temporarily) wiggles off the hook for Katie's death.

Sammy is a limited actress. As I said on another thread, I expect her to be on another soap in a couple of years, probably Corrie.
  • Options
    Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie already have their own version of Sammy though, Maria Connor.
This discussion has been closed.