S4C English language commentary

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
I am unable to get S4C English language commentary on Humax PVR (Freesat).But I can on Thompson Sky box (Free to view).When I press the red button on the Humax box the not allowed Icon appears.Red button on BBC is ok.
Any ideas??

Comments

• GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The different audio streams are accessed differently on freesat. There is a button on the remote with a speaker icon and question mark if you toggle this there will appear a list of available audio streams. If I remember correctly the german one gets english audio but only when the vocal is spoken, i.e. the main dialogue could be in welsh still with just sections of narative being added in english periodically.
  • givecreditgivecredit Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    in all freesat boxes if you go to the main menu and set language options to "Welsh" the s4c sports will default to english, sounds like an Irish solution to a welsh problem! (Im irish, so i can say that :D. )No more fiddling with audio options or red buttons. By setting language to welsh has no effect on other channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Thanks for info givecredit watched Dragons on S4C and as you said no button pushing just straight to English
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nudge up sticking post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    givecredit wrote: »
    in all freesat boxes if you go to the main menu and set language options to "Welsh" the s4c sports will default to english, sounds like an Irish solution to a welsh problem! (Im irish, so i can say that :D. )No more fiddling with audio options or red buttons. By setting language to welsh has no effect on other channels.

Thanks for that, wish I had known for the Munster vs Leinster match. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this info!

This has been driving me up the wall. I have missed loads of rugby games because of this. Couldn't get red button to work but now sorted, what's the reason for the red button not working then?
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By selecting the language option to german, the commentary for the rugby is in english.