Real stories about stuff found in food?

13»

Comments

• CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    This thread has made me feel rather queasy....
    Same

I once found a little ladybird in my Mum's salad once before she'd brought it. So a member of staff rescued it and took it outside and they got my mum another bag of salad:D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I once found a think layer of human skin (about the size of a 50p piece) in a chicken chow mien i brought from the local chinese takeaway. I rang to complain and they offered to bring me a another chow mien, lol.

That was a year ago and i haven't eaten a chinese since.
    Stupid question, but are you sure it wasn't just chicken skin?
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid question, but are you sure it wasn't just chicken skin?

No, it was deffo human skin :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it was deffo human skin :(
    I'm surprised someone could have a bit of skin the size you said fall off and not notice! Ewwww. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised someone could have a bit of skin the size you said fall off and not notice! Ewwww. :eek:

I reckon the person was chopping chicken, veg etc in a bulk fashion and just let it in with all the food and fried it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon the person was chopping chicken, veg etc in a bulk fashion and just let it in with all the food and fried it :(
    Ewwww! :eek: Hopefully they got the sack. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who found a fingernail in a Cadbury's biscuit over Christmas. Not a whole fingernail but part of it, like it was from someone who regularly bit their nails. It was quite large though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ewwww! :eek: Hopefully they got the sack. :D

It was a rough little takeaway, dunno why i got it from there :confused:

It's still going strong by the looks of it though :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a rough little takeaway, dunno why i got it from there :confused:

It's still going strong by the looks of it though :eek:
    Not that it would help with yours, but I always stand at the counter watching until I've been served even if there's a table because of two things - one in a certain well-known bakery when they dropped my pasty on the floor, picked it up, blew the dust off it and tried to sell me it anyway, and one where I ordered something in a chip shop, put my £2 on the counter and turned round to do something else, and some little ba$tards swiped it while the woman on the counter was facing the other way, so I had to pay again. :eek:
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once found a spider in a bag of grapes. Just a small one but enough to put me off grapes for a long time.

An ex of mine found a cow ear in a tin of corned beef. He was sent two hampers by way of apology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    izanami wrote: »
    I once found a spider in a bag of grapes. Just a small one but enough to put me off grapes for a long time.

An ex of mine found a cow ear in a tin of corned beef. He was sent two hampers by way of apology.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day I opened a well known brand of beef consomme soup and poured it into a pyrex measuring jug. I was making a posh stew. There was an extra in the jug . Mouse dropping.

I knew the dropping wasn't from my end as I had bought the bloody expensive to me at the time jug that day along with the tin of consomme. I called the company up (this was pre email ) and they said something along the lines of - "return the product to us intact and we can do tests." I said I just opened it - I can't.

I sent the whole lot back. the tin the lid the soup. The soup was in a jar and the tin and lid wrapped in paper and stuffed in a box.

They replied and said it was burned rice not mouse shit. They also sent a postal order for a fiver and money off coupons.

The fiver postal order was amazing - I'd only ever had 50p postal orders. .
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Can anyone remember in the late 80's there was someone putting glass is jars of baby food well we found some in my brothers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone remember in the late 80's there was someone putting glass is jars of baby food well we found some in my brothers
    Thought this was an urban legend?
    Forum Member
    Thought this was an urban legend?

It was all over the news at the time (We didn't go to the papers) but no it was real.

Strange thing is it was rare we bought jars of baby food as most of the time we did it ourselves with a blender.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was the early 1990's ... and in the Morningside area of Edinburgh. Safeway was the supermarket.

If this isn't the glass thing there was something else around that time to do with baby food in the Edinburgh area
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was the early 1990's ... and in the Morningside area of Edinburgh. Safeway was the supermarket.

If this isn't the glass thing there was something else around that time to do with baby food in the Edinburgh area

Aww, remember Safeway...
    Forum Member

it would have been 1989 as my brother was born in October 88 and when it happened he was already quite a few months old.

Unsure where it happened mostly the one it ours could even have been a copy cat as I seem to recall a few copy cat incidences as well.

We never made a claim or anything as we did think it was the companies fault that someone was doing that we just told the police and left it as that
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought an iceberg lettuce from Sainsbury's and when I went to cut it I found a live, wriggling caterpillar there to greet me. Needless to say I have gone elsewhere for my lettuce since that incident. :o

My late dad used to call cellophane-wrapped iceberg lettuces 'Centreparks for flies' :D

"Oi, waiter, there are maggots in my salad!"
    "Shhhhh, sir. Don't broadcast it or everyone will want some!"
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    thank goodness nobody on here fell victim to the 'Poo Sprayer'
    http://metro.co.uk/2009/02/24/man-accused-of-spraying-urine-and-faeces-in-shops-485794/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would have been 1989 as my brother was born in October 89 and when it happened he was already quite a few months old.

Unsure where it happened mostly the one it ours could even have been a copy cat as I seem to recall a few copy cat incidences as well.

We never made a claim or anything as we did think it was the companies fault that someone was doing that we just told the police and left it as that

I thought the early 1990's as my mother lived in Morningside at the time and I ended up living with her just before and after #3 Slavette was born. I breastfed till #3 was 6 months old and the Safeway at Morningside was the local supermarket and I do recall something about glass in baby food and the local supermarket being mentioned.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    thank goodness nobody on here fell victim to the 'Poo Sprayer'
    http://metro.co.uk/2009/02/24/man-accused-of-spraying-urine-and-faeces-in-shops-485794/

:eek::eek::eek:

The filthy get!

I've heard of 'dirty protests' but.....

Whichever poor souls had to do the cleaning up had a crap job.:mad:
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Years ago, when KFC was first starting to become really popular in the UK, there was a woman working in my local KFC who I didn't get on with.
    Seemed like whenever I ordered summat she'd screw it up and then got really stroppy when I asked her to fix the mistake.

So, one day I decided to get a mega-bucket (or whatever it was called) of chicken.
    Outside the shop a mate asked me for a bag of fries so I opened the bag and couldn't see the fries.
    I realised they might be inside the bucket so I opened the bucket, took out the fries, and sticking out from the top of the pile of chicken was a chicken leg with an absolutely HUGE f**king claw still attached. :eek:

Happened to glance back through the shop window and I could see the woman blatantly sneering at me.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

The filthy get!

I've heard of 'dirty protests' but.....

Whichever poor souls had to do the cleaning up had a crap job.:mad:

At the start of the story I was mildly amused but as I read on:eek::eek:
    (I used to clean offices and we had these Ghostbuster type rucksack vacuum cleaners. People used to annoy me but I never modified the hoover and staged a dirty protest)
    Anyway good job he didn't have access to one of those
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter found a pube in a well known brand of yoghurt, hasn't touch that brand since!

There is an old Chinese proverb that states - He who finds pube in yoghurt, must use it to floss fruit between teeth. :p:D

*gets coat* :o