Whats the rarest treasure you have in your collection?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Someone asked me this the other day and I never really thought about it. So I was racking my brain thinking out of all the DVDs I have, toys, posters & other merchandise what out of the lot would I consider the rarest treasure of the lot?

Well for me it would probably be my Gamesmaster collection as I paid alot for it and something ive always wanted toi get. Alough the Rod Hull collection would have to come at a close second.

So what of your merchandise do you consider the rarest?

Comments

• Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    My Big Ted! He's nearly 40 and he's still the first thing I'd rescue in a fire (non human thing!)!
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A four leaf clover that my friend and I picked from a grassy bank, one afternoon when walking home from school, we had one each. I don't know if my old school friend still has hers.
  • PuddinPuddin Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    I secretly collected Pokemon cards up till I was about 18. Everybody else stopped at like 10 but I was hooked, LOL. My collection is impressive and locked away. I have a pre release error card that it worth quite some money.
  • and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Sinclair ZX81 kit still un-built in its original packaging.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I had alsorts of valuable records, 6 months unemployed at 17 and had to sell them all

when my parents divorced my mum had a mass burning of my dads stuff,including the free fan club Beatles floppy singles they did each year at Christmas, and his were signed by the band.

My OH has a lot of Star Wars 'not toys, models' in boxes
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 24-CD Throbbing Gristle box set; was an absolute bastard to track one down even soon after release, now going for a fortune online. And thanks to the magic of ripping stuff to mp3, each disc's hardly been used. It's a really nice thing to own.

(Mind you, I still wish I had the original release from 1980, when it was 24 cassettes in a briefcase).
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roman cons found when we were scuba diving, not in the best of conditon but hey we found them:D
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    I have a heavy fossil ammonite that's 18cm/7ins across (they still have living relatives: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pearly+nautilus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pEVhU_WOLYW_PPW6gZAC&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=563).
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not rare but precious to me are all my old Beatles LP's and many others from that time. Also a lot of other memorabilia like concert tickets etc.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a heavy fossil ammonite that's 18cm/7ins across (they still have living relatives: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pearly+nautilus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pEVhU_WOLYW_PPW6gZAC&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=563).

I bet you wish you had found this bugger, (Parapuzosia seppenradensis) although whether you could have found a way to move it is another matter! :D

http://www.lwl.org/pressemitteilungen/daten/bilder/20808.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xTV4W-EhgrA/TLwAp6NyOjI/AAAAAAAAFI8/ECfEyQxxNnQ/s1600/IMG_8471.jpg
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a sealed copy of Michael Jackson's Dangerous CD - The PopUp version. Thought it was bound to be valuable but eBay has one for ~£85 so I guess it ain't so valuable after all, darn it.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't really think of anything apart from some neolithic Flint and pot :)
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A flint axe that was dug up from our farm in denmark hundreds of years ago :)
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    One of 'those' moneyboxes!! ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really a collection but my car (I think) its a 20 year-old VW Corrado VR6 automatic only 132 autos made in the uk and only 70(ish) left.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Can't really think of anything apart from some neolithic Flint and pot :)
    A flint axe that was dug up from our farm in denmark hundreds of years ago :)

It's wonderful to have something used by our very ancient ancestors, isn't it.
    By chance I found a stone hand tool with a serrated edge for cutting and flat end for grinding. It fits perfectly in my little hand, there's even a dipped area for your thumb to rest in snugly for good grip. I like to think of some woman thousands of years ago using it.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rarest is probably a vintage Chanel bag.

It is an absolute beauty. I would never wear it, much less touch it - but it's ever so lovely to look at.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably my wifes Victorian gold necklace and bracelet I bought more than 20 years ago.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    S'funny, I have quite a bit of "stuff" but very little that I'm hugely fussed about.

I guess it depends on the context.
    My Ducati motorbike is a piece of art, a marvellous bit of engineering and an incredible toy.
    I have one of the first Sinclair calculators, which was the first thing I ever built after I first picked up a soldering iron.
    I have a couple of rifles which I've sunk enough money into that I could've bought a very nice car instead.
    I have a wedding ring on a chain which, of course, has huge sentimental value.

In the end, though, if it was a "your house is on fire. What would you grab?" scenario, I'd probably pick my laptop, simply cos all the stuff that I've recently been working on is on it.

I just don't really get attached to "stuff". :blush:
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much 'treasure' but definitely rare......because nobody else will have one of these. :p

Bat Out of Hell hand painted on a plate by a professional Pottery artist. It's a 'one off' she did for me 37 years ago and is an exact copy to detail of the album artwork (the white mark on the bat wing is just reflection from the light and isn't on the plate). :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    S'funny, I have quite a bit of "stuff" but very little that I'm hugely fussed about.

I guess it depends on the context.
    My Ducati motorbike is a piece of art, a marvellous bit of engineering and an incredible toy.
    I have one of the first Sinclair calculators, which was the first thing I ever built after I first picked up a soldering iron.
    I have a couple of rifles which I've sunk enough money into that I could've bought a very nice car instead.
    I have a wedding ring on a chain which, of course, has huge sentimental value.

In the end, though, if it was a "your house is on fire. What would you grab?" scenario, I'd probably pick my laptop, simply cos all the stuff that I've recently been working on is on it.

I just don't really get attached to "stuff". :blush:

What about your wife:)
  • highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure

A tiny bit of coal from the Titanic, you can buy them on ebay so they aren't rare but they probably will be some day.

A piece of Del's shirt from an Only Fools & Horses episode

A tiny bit of rock from a 10th century Celtic High Cross
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    My Teddy Bear. I fret about him when I'm away from home.

My grandad bought him for me when I was about 2, so Teddy is almost 56. He used to go everywhere with me, I wouldn't go out without him until I was 7 or so.

He's very similar to this one - http://www2.antiquesnavigator.com/ebay/images/2012/120844408098.jpg

My other treasure is a tiny paper bus ticket, the one my husband got on the night I met him.

As for things with real monetary value, that's probably my large mint condition Smiths/Morrissey record collection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Teddy Bear. I fret about him when I'm away from home.

My grandad bought him for me when I was about 2, so Teddy is almost 56. He used to go everywhere with me, I wouldn't go out without him until I was 7 or so.

He's very similar to this one - http://www2.antiquesnavigator.com/ebay/images/2012/120844408098.jpg

My other treasure is a tiny paper bus ticket, the one my husband got on the night I met him.

As for things with real monetary value, that's probably my large mint condition Smiths/Morrissey record collection.

That's lovely:)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    That's lovely:)

Thank you, Woody.