Options

Nick & Margaret: We all pay.... 11th July BBC1 9pm

Comments

• Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    GP wrote: »
    nothing wrong with that at all. i'm on about the spongers who never work. there's no reason to be out of work for as long as some are. it's a joke. give them a time limit then f*** them off the system.

welcome and don't forget to visit the politics forum, im sure you will enjoy yourself there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's the poor old grandad (a pensioner ) he cadges from?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Sad that the BBC has decided to jump on the 'benefit claimants are all scroungers' bandwagon as it rolls on by. I might've expected better at one time.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I used to use the local free newspaper when I was skint :D

did that not block your loo up :eek:
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this guy has been getting incapacity benefit for lung problems.. Funnily how they mentioned it now but it was 20 years unemployed earlier..
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The university graduate could get a job if he really wanted too he just wants a certain job. Sometimes in life you have to take the crap jobs till a better one comes along.
    Especially as I've now seen him standing up the working woman, he has no sympathy at all from me. One of these people who moan that it's all someone else's fault without looking at his own actions and seeing what he can actually do about it.
    rhumble wrote: »
    She doesn't mind the mom having a drink yet moaned about the kids having spaghetti hoops:confused::confused:
    I thought the same too.
  • Options
    maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    For me , its not necessarily people on benefits, because I am proud that my country looks after people who are disabled etc,,, its the people that take the piss that really annoy me, the people we are seeing tonight need their benefits taken off them,,,i don't know how they claim it
    You are definitely rhum and that's what makes me so angry too. I am more than happy to support those genuinely in need.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Exactly. It's something to put on your CV and it shows prospective employers that you're not afraid of work, even if it's work you're massively over qualified for.

You try even getting a dead end job.

1.Employers dont hire university graduates to pack fish or clean toilets because they KNOW the second they get a sniff of something better they will be off.

2.Where are all these dead end cleaning jobs that us British arnt willing to do? I check the job centre online website regularly and I see none of these jobs that require no qualifications.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally, mention of disability benefits!
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    let me guess how he got lung problems

hmmmm i wonder?

cigarettes maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm busy trying to spot someone I recognise :o
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that the BBC has decided to jump on the 'benefit claimants are all scroungers' bandwagon as it rolls on by. I might've expected better at one time.

OK, have a couple of proper scroungers but they could have shown some really genuine claimants. But then again, what would we all class as a genuine claimant?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one mentioned about going off to do educational courses while they're unemployed.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. This program with its 4 unrepresentative case-studies is a disgrace.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    maltshovel wrote: »
    You are definitely rhum and that's what makes me so angry too. I am more than happy to support those genuinely in need.

Me too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek: he does something productive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't even volunteer now, jesus flippin christ.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oh this guy has been getting incapacity benefit for lung problems.. Funnily how they mentioned it now but it was 20 years unemployed earlier..

He might find another illness soon "just in case". I despair :(
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    No one is going to touch someone who has been unemployed for 20 years with a 30ft barge pole in this climate.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    OK, have a couple of proper scroungers but they could have shown some really genuine claimants. But then again, what would we all class as a genuine claimant?

I think we all know the answer to that
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They meant to start at 9. He's late. Great thing to show to a perspective employer
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole thing reminds me of George Carlin's speech about how those at the top want the rest of us to keep fighting with one another so that they can keep on going to the bank.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam feels good about himself.

That's alright then. :)
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    did that not block your loo up :eek:

Nah , you keep scrunching it and it can get a lot softer - never got blocked up lol.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »

*Puts hand up* I'm a genuine claimant for the disability benefits.. Although if someone saw me they would disagree with me, but unfortunately mental health has other ideas..lol