Options

Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you ve got to love Quinn
    Carrie I will take the shot ! bang
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So given Saul is the Acting Director of the CIA, I would have thought his home would be as secure as the White House.

I am surprised his wife's lover can sneak in and out so easily.
  • Options
    storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode, loving season 3 so far, almost as good as season 1.

Wish Quinn had ended Carrie once & for all!
  • Options
    tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I've given up on Homeland now, when you get to spending every episode wanting Carrie to be offed (which is never going to happen), it's time to call it quits
    :D:D:D;)

:D:D......:D
  • Options
    dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again. Carrie and her total disregard for the chain of command. When you have a forthright opinionated bi-polar pregnant woman in your team, it is advisable to at least have someone work with her instead of leaving her to her own devices. She does piss me off a bit so was kinda hoping for a head shot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's cruel dirty dingus

Tom … been thinking that all along ;-)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feeVerte wrote: »
    oh I see, I have seen it too but watching it again for the dialogues , lots of whispering ;-)

Yeah I tend to rewatch to pick up anything I've missed out. I usually already have it watched twice by the Sunday though because Ireland gets it the Tuesday before.

Was still scratching my head at the end after the second watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Carrie loses the baby due to teh shooting that will be a substandard ploy for this series.

as for Mira and her boyfriend.....hope he works for Javadi...that will be Javadis revenge on Saul. Saul helped javadis wife escape Iran and Sauls wife's indiscretions becomes his downfall....sweet especially after Saul gave Javadi a lecture on marriage.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,881
    Forum Member
    Re Brody....
    is he definetetely dead? Or did it just stink in there in general and he was fazed out somehow?

I don't think I should have had to have used the spoiler box to ask that question seeing as it has been aired here now but seeing as there hasn't been many posts on tonights episode, I thought I would put it in the spoiler box in case some people come on here before watching the episode and I don't know if the title of the thread means no spoilers even if it has been shown. Does it?

p.s. I thought it was so stupid allowing the bomber suspect to
    be killed! Even more stupid if Brody is dead too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Re Brody....
    is he definetetely dead? Or did it just stink in there in general and he was fazed out somehow?

I don't think I should have had to have used the spoiler box to ask that question seeing as it has been aired here now but seeing as there hasn't been many posts on tonights episode, I thought I would put it in the spoiler box in case some people come on here before watching the episode and I don't know if the title of the thread means no spoilers even if it has been shown. Does it?

Once its shown on C4 you can discuss.... Brody moved
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    So given Saul is the Acting Director of the CIA, I would have thought his home would be as secure as the White House.

I am surprised his wife's lover can sneak in and out so easily.

These kind of things annoy me about Homeland. They claim to talk to real CIA people for research. But either these people are weird spies or the tv people don't listen to them.

There were so many things which occured in this episode that just wouldn't happen in real life. The CIA man who came to speak to Farah in her home, and spoke openly about the CIA even though he had seen her father through the open doorway.

Farah's father then guessed where she worked, and suggested she had started there after the Langley bombing (just three or four months earlier) and that the CIA would be mad when they knew about her family background with relatives in Iran. There is no way she could suddenly get employed by the CIA after the Langley bombing, she would need high level security clearance and vetting which would take up to a year.

When Mira's boyfriend was searching her home - why did she not see and recognise his car parked outside?

These little things irritate me and make the story so implausible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Again. Carrie and her total disregard for the chain of command. When you have a forthright opinionated bi-polar pregnant woman in your team, it is advisable to at least have someone work with her instead of leaving her to her own devices. She does piss me off a bit so was kinda hoping for a head shot.

In reality she would never work for the CIA. I was glad Quinn shot her, she was about to ruin months of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In reality she would never work for the CIA. I was glad Quinn shot her, she was about to ruin months of work.

Why are you glad that the idiot Dal or whatever his name is was prepared to have Carrie shot but not to stop that "lawyer" killing the guy who might be the Langley bomber?
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a shame that the doctor didn't inform Carrie about Foetal Alcohol Syndrome.
  • Options
    CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Oh SAUL!!!

What an ending!
    Jawdropping !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Once its shown on C4 you can discuss.... Brody moved

Thats what I've always thought in general too, that once something has been shown, no one can really complain if they learn about it before seeing it if they come on a forum and learn of it that way and if they don't want to risk learning something before watching, then steer clear of the threads etc.

Did Brody move or was he about to "fall to one side" dead? I hope he is still alive but having said that, unless they have thought of a new way to breate life into his character, the whole Brody family needs to be written out of the series now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ending!!!!! I wonder what Sauls genius plan involving Brody is? Excited to find out!

Really dislike Mira, annoying woman!
  • Options
    CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that final shot did Brody's head move slightly up? I just ran it through again and I'd say it did .
    Sorry for folks in here who stopped watching out of boredom . Patience is a virtue :D
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casmana wrote: »
    In that final shot did Brody's head move slightly up? I just ran it through again and I'd say it did .
    Sorry for folks in here who stopped watching out of boredom . Patience is a virtue :D
    Brody was definitely alive, his eyeball moved.

I think Saul was covering his nose up simply because Brody had just blown off...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That ending!!!!! I wonder what Sauls genius plan involving Brody is? Excited to find out!

Really dislike Mira, annoying woman!

If that was real life, I doubt someone in Saul's position wold go in person to a country that has hostile relations with their own country.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These kind of things annoy me about Homeland. They claim to talk to real CIA people for research. But either these people are weird spies or the tv people don't listen to them.

There were so many things which occured in this episode that just wouldn't happen in real life. The CIA man who came to speak to Farah in her home, and spoke openly about the CIA even though he had seen her father through the open doorway.

Farah's father then guessed where she worked, and suggested she had started there after the Langley bombing (just three or four months earlier) and that the CIA would be mad when they knew about her family background with relatives in Iran. There is no way she could suddenly get employed by the CIA after the Langley bombing, she would need high level security clearance and vetting which would take up to a year.

When Mira's boyfriend was searching her home - why did she not see and recognise his car parked outside?

These little things irritate me and make the story so implausible.

I took it her father was saying the Iranian authorities would be angry at Farah if they found out she was working for the CIA and punish her family in Iran, not that the CIA didn't know about her background.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took it her father was saying the Iranian authorities would be angry at Farah if they found out she was working for the CIA and punish her family in Iran, not that the CIA didn't know about her background.
    Indeed, that's exactly what her dad was saying.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The last 5 mins was good, shame the precious 40 was so dull.

The ending doesn't make up for how boring the show has become this series.
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    If that was real life, I doubt someone in Saul's position wold go in person to a country that has hostile relations with their own country.

Brodie isn't in Iran, I think he's in Caracus, Venezuela according to my hubby?
  • Options
    marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farah's father then guessed where she worked, and suggested she had started there after the Langley bombing (just three or four months earlier) and that the CIA would be mad when they knew about her family background with relatives in Iran.

I understood this as the 2nd explanation