Options

Verdict Due in Amanda Knox Re-Trial Today

Comments

• Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure they do. Remember poor Christopher Jefferies?

I do!! Poor man, trial by media and judged to be guilty because he was eccentric. At least he got compensation, not that it makes it okay for the comments published at the time of his arrest.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guilty or not, it was still pretty slimy to accuse an innocent man and she still hasn't paid the compensation owed...
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Look, never mind all this legal rubbish. Would you still do her?:D
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Guilty or not, it was still pretty slimy to accuse an innocent man and she still hasn't paid the compensation owed...

If true, she should meet the judicial system half way by coughing up the compensation, instead of ignoring everything.
  • Options
    crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah, not anymore. The new haircut doesn't suit her IMO.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Bungitin wrote: »
    If true, she should meet the judicial system half way by coughing up the compensation, instead of ignoring everything.

Does the Italian court have any power to make her pay it whilst she is in the US?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Does the Italian court have any power to make her pay it whilst she is in the US?

No, I meant it as a gesture on her part to meet the italian judges half way instead of ignoring everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From the article...
    Lumumba added that he is yet to be paid the €22,000 in compensation he is owed by Knox for defamation.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/amanda-knox/55260/amanda-knox-ready-become-fugitive-if-found-guilty-again#ixzz2rtD80rgu
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    No, I meant it as a gesture on her part to meet the italian judges half way instead of ignoring everything.

I know, I wasn't being confrontational about it, it was a genuine question because I don't know the answer. Apologies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is IMO a very attractive woman but I wouldn't trust her...

So no.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anais32 wrote: »
    There is not one shred of real evidence that Amanda Knox was anywhere near the apartment when it happened.

Most significant of all, none of her DNA or Sollecito's DNA was found in Kercher's room. Yet it was full of Guede's.

Your response is exactly what Colin Stagg had to endure for years.

And a just verdict does not go on 'feelings'.

You don't need to get all haughty with me. I am nothing like those who persecuted Collin Stagg, how dare you. I'm just expressing my meaningless opinion on an internet forum, yet you reply like this? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    You don't need to get all haughty with me. I am nothing like those who persecuted Collin Stagg, how dare you. I'm just expressing my meaningless opinion on an internet forum, yet you reply like this? Ridiculous.

How dare you? lol don't be so silly.

Meaningless just about sums up what you posted.
    Something about the woman screams dodgy
    Now that's ridiculous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like nobody is allowed to have an opinion other than assuming the worst possible faith in other FMs. I thought part of a forum was to accept people have different points of views on things. Obviously not here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like nobody is allowed to have an opinion other than assuming the worst possible faith in other FMs. I thought part of a forum was to accept people have different points of views on things. Obviously not here.

I accept your point of view. My point of view is that it is silly ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just re-read the replies in this thread. ALL are so pro Amanda Knox it might as well be an appreciation thread, since the first person who dared to express an opposing view (me) got rounded on for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    I accept your point of view. My point of view is that it is silly ;)

You didn't call my opinion silly, you called me silly. Big difference, and against the Terms and Conditions.

Still, I can see that I'm going to get nothing but grief if I continue to post in this thread and I'm not having a great day as it is. Enjoy yourselves, I'm sure you can find another FM to bully.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just re-read the replies in this thread. ALL are so pro Amanda Knox it might as well be an appreciation thread, since the first person who dared to express an opposing view (me) got rounded on for it.

Well you know, you just sounded a bit 'dodgy'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You didn't call my opinion silly, you called me silly. Big difference, and against the Terms and Conditions.

Still, I can see that I'm going to get nothing but grief if I continue to post in this thread and I'm not having a great day as it is. Enjoy yourselves, I'm sure you can find another FM to bully.

Actually I told you not to be silly in response to some how very dare you faux outrage. A difference of opinion in on a forum is not bullying, get a grip.

However in the interests of improving your crappy day can I recommend the worst ever date thread it's pretty funny.:)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I certainly didn't start the thread to be an "appreciation" thread.

I think the "problem" is that many people have expressed their reservations about her based on nothing more than personal feeling and opinion instead of actually bothering to read anything about the case outside of the overly flowery media reporting of it.

As an example, I've read many people comment on how guarded she is in interviews and how this surely must be because she's hiding something.

You could, of course, subscribe to the same opinion or you could read about the fact that everything she said and did in italy was placed under such a microscope, even her choice of clothing to court was taken as a sign of "disrespect" and "arrogance".

So wouldn't you, or anyone else, be guarded about what your are feeling if you felt that whatever you said, someone would take it the wrong way and twist it in to something it wasn't ?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My opinion, having read a lot of information on the case, is that she (and Raffaele) are innocent. If anyone disagrees, than they're entitled to and should post it if they wish. I just don't think basing your opinion on the way she looks is valid, which is what the poster I originally replied to did. Having checked the thread, that's what you yourself did too with your "there is just something about the woman that screams dodgy to me" comment, which I don't think is a fair comment to make.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    If I were her I'd ring the court, ask to be put on conference call and tell the lot of them to "F right off"

I wouldn't advise a career change to legal advisor/ lawyer just yet! ;-)
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    This case has genuinely interested me. I too believe her and Sollecito are innocent of murder having read up on it properly.

It's amazing how 'trial by newspaper/ media' i.e pictures of her straddling a cannon and tales of her daring to have a sex life seemed to be all the 'evidence' many people needed to think she was guilty.
  • Options
    anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re the slander. That part of her statement was ruled inadmissable as evidence against her for murder (not slander) even by the Italian courts because it broke European human rights rules on suspects. She had been questionned for hours without an interpreter, with no rest and without legal representation IIRC.

You only have to look at what happened to Stephen Miller in the Cardiff Three case to see what rubbish you can chuck out after a long questionning by police - and that was in his own language.

My guess - like the Cardiff Three, the police were anxious to point the finger at a black suspect so over hours tried to coax that from Knox and eventually she cracked (just like Miller who gave the police the names they wanted - of totally innocent men).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know, I wasn't being confrontational about it, it was a genuine question because I don't know the answer. Apologies.

No probs, I thought I wasn't clear in my post.
  • Options
    anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    This case has genuinely interested me. I too believe her and Sollecito are innocent of murder having read up on it properly.

It's amazing how 'trial by newspaper/ media' i.e pictures of her straddling a cannon and tales of her daring to have a sex life seemed to be all the 'evidence' many people needed to think she was guilty.

And the opprobrium she received compared to her co-defendant.

It seems people want to hate a woman accused of crime more.