Options

How clean is your..... TOWN?

Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is your town/city clean and well kept, or is it a litter strewn mess?

Does your council take pride in street cleaning? Do the locals follow suit, or is it neglected?

Comments

• Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen, my little town is kept beautifully clean. There is a man whom volunteers and picks up the litter in the town, has done for years and is often in the local paper. A road sweeper regularly comes up the street. The local residents' gardens are all well kept and look beautiful. Really can't complain. :)
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth do you keep banging on about this? This is definitely not the first time you've started a thread on this, don't you have anything better to talk about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be helpful if you state which town you're talking about. There may be regional divides.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth do you keep banging on about this? This is definitely not the first time you've started a thread on this, don't you have anything better to talk about?

It may not interest you.

Some people take an interest in how their town looks. Just because you clearly don't care, don't criticise those that do.

If this thread is not to your liking, find one that is.
  • Options
    Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting cleaner by the day.
    The more of them that go to Syria to support IS and get themselves killed the cleaner it becomes.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not too bad apart from the places where kids play. And I suppose they could be a lot worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No complaints at all in an 18,000 population town - Hebburn, not far from Newcastle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more of them that go to Syria to support IS and get themselves killed the cleaner it becomes.

Gobsmacked!
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have too say our Council keeps the town quite clean
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    You can forget all those clean streets over the be t 3 years with all the coming Council cuts. Street cleansers seem to be an easy target for cutting back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    You can forget all those clean streets over the be t 3 years with all the coming Council cuts. Street cleansers seem to be an easy target for cutting back.

Derby always looks clean to me. Is it not the case?
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in St Albans, it is very clean. Where I live it is very rare to see any litter, there is some in the town but relatively very little, and that is mostly on Market days.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Absolutely filthy! Canine faecal matter and litter everywhere! A cafe owner closed her shop for the day as the council had not cleaned up the human excrement near her shop.

I saw a dumped sofa near a church today.
  • Options
    allyred83allyred83 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, where I live (a town in the south Wales valleys) is full of rubbish, dog crap and whatever, the council doesn't seem to care either.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Is your town/city clean and well kept, or is it a litter strewn mess?

Does your council take pride in street cleaning? Do the locals follow suit, or is it neglected?

North Hertfordshire, a true Tory heartland district in the Home Counties, is an absolute disgrace.

Fly tipping is a massive problem as is dog mess. The town centres are often dirty and as for the estates, it's like a massive rubbish tip. You'd be brave to ask anyone to pick up their litter unless you want abuse.

The council know the majority of the people will not vote for change so nothing ever happens. This area was rated the third dirtiest in the country not so long ago. The council should feel thoroughly ashamed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely filthy! Canine faecal matter and litter everywhere! A cafe owner closed her shop for the day as the council had not cleaned up the human excrement near her shop.

Where's this?
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunfermline is definitely one of the better kept towns in Fife, lets just put it that way!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Human excrement in the street? That is just repulsive :o
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local town's pretty clean. The only time I've seen noticeable litter in it is on a Saturday night when I've been going through it when on the bike in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    North Hertfordshire, a true Tory heartland district in the Home Counties, is an absolute disgrace.

Fly tipping is a massive problem as is dog mess. The town centres are often dirty and as for the estates, it's like a massive rubbish tip. You'd be brave to ask anyone to pick up their litter unless you want abuse.

The council know the majority of the people will not vote for change so nothing ever happens. This area was rated the third dirtiest in the country not so long ago. The council should feel thoroughly ashamed.

On one survey you were voted the worst, alongside Merton in South London.

Is it really that bad?

What areas does North Herts cover?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    On one survey you were voted the worst, alongside Merton in South London.

Is it really that bad?

What areas does North Herts cover?

I go walking regularly and see all kinds of dumped items like barbecues, baby chairs and black bin bags full of crap.

The more 'responsible' dog owners put their dog dirt in bags that they then HANG in the bushes and trees - yuck :o

The estate I live on has got worse with beer cans, fast food wrappers and even used nappies regularly discarded.

North Hertfordshire covers the medium sized towns of Hitchin, Letchworth and Royston. With the right people in charge it could be a much nicer and cleaner area
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't own a ......TOWN but my ....... FRIDGE is filthy!
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,594
    Forum Member

That is a truly horrible post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I go walking regularly and see all kinds of dumped items like barbecues, baby chairs and black bin bags full of crap.

The more 'responsible' dog owners put their dog dirt in bags that they then HANG the bags on trees - yuck :o

The estate I live on has got worse with beer cans, fast food wrappers and even used nappies.

North Hertfordshire covers the medium sized towns of Hitchin, Letchworth and Royston. With the right people in charge it could be a much nicer and cleaner area

But does most of the responsibility not lie with the residents for making it that way?

Hitchin, last time I went (2007) was spotless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    That is a truly horrible post

Isn't it just!!!