Can Kate Ritchie save Home and Away?

Comments

• spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that show must be in a bad way if it needs her to save it:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Pierson wrote: »
    I'll certainly consider watching the show again when Sally returns. I stopped watching at some point in 2009. The show had simply become terrible after Cameron Welsh took over a producer and I slowly lost interest. I don't know if things are any better now but I'm willing to give it a go. I remember 2006 being a good year for Home and Away but things went pear-shaped from 2007 onwards.

I agree! The 'Zoë the Stalker' storyline was one of its best, and I hate all these new characters - if they cannot bring the old ones back, bring in new ones! Same with Neighbours.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,719
    Forum Member
    TV Week have reported there are "whispers" that Callan Mulvey who played Johnny Cooper is set to return to the Bay which would almost certainly tie in with Sally's return.

Johnny's death launched a massive murder investigation....would H&A be brave enough to bring two characters back from the dead in a matter of months?
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    The news of Kate Ritchie's return to Summer Bay was what die hard Home and Away fans had been looking forward to for years. The past five years have seen ratings fall, shoddy storylines and more recently the Braxtons take the forefront of the show which has divided the show's fans.
    Do people think Sally's return to the Bay can help turn the show around and go back to the show we loved? After all, this is Australia's sweetheart, 5 Logie awards and a very emotional and very public farewell.

Bib: I'm a die hard Home & Away fan but haven't been looking forward to Kate Ritchie's return. On the contrary I always thought Sally was over-rated and wasn't bothered when she left. But I know I'm in the minority here :)
  • elmerfuddelmerfudd Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV Week have reported there are "whispers" that Callan Mulvey who played Johnny Cooper is set to return to the Bay which would almost certainly tie in with Sally's return.

Johnny's death launched a massive murder investigation....would H&A be brave enough to bring two characters back from the dead in a matter of months?

Whos the second???
    Forum Member
    I've sent you a PM as I am on my phone and can't do spoiler tags!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've sent you a PM as I am on my phone and can't do spoiler tags!

Im such a dope i knew that, thank you for reminding me. Thats a whole new thread on its own that one!!!! :confused:
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elmerfudd wrote: »
    Im such a dope i knew that, thank you for reminding me. Thats a whole new thread on its own that one!!!! :confused:

Can you tell me as I can't think who the second person is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Can you tell me as I can't think who the second person is?
    Charlie
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Ah, home and away doesn't need saving. I love how the script writers bring back old characters like Steven, pippa, the Stewart sisters etc in guest roles, it seems more natural and realistic to have old friends and relatives visiting from time to time. Unlike corrie and the farce of sunitas funeral where no relatives show up!!......:mad: Swiftly moving on..!
    But as for bringing back characters from the "dead" no matter how good or missed they are have got to be written back into the show well as it could end up being like a bobby and Dallas scenario
    Forum Member
    Yeah H&A is great at bringing cast back it makes it more realistic. I loved the family element of Roo's wedding and her wishing Martha was there.

There is a great pic in Inside Soap of Kate, Ray, Emily and Ada at the Logies all the old timers together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie

Ah yeah of course thanks :)
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Charlie

How did they do it if you don't mind me asking? I've lost track of h&a for a while...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if Pippa wasn't back. Debra Lawrance has said before Kate is like her own daughter and the only reason she keeps going back.

Aww, really! :cry::cry::cry:

I have to say that perhaps people miss Sally because she represents what Home & Away is really about - warmth, family and decency, something that left the show quite some time ago and left behind a nasty little show indeed.
    Forum Member
    I think Home and Away has suffered since she left. The majority of the shows stories revolved around her for many years before her departure. She was the person everyone could familiarize with as she grew up on our screens. I'm around the same age as her so I've always felt like I've grown up with her and can't wait for her to come back
    Forum Member
    I think Home and Away has suffered since she left. The majority of the shows stories revolved around her for many years before her departure. She was the person everyone could familiarize with as she grew up on our screens. I'm around the same age as her so I've always felt like I've grown up with her and can't wait for her to come back.
    I also think she's an astounding actress, her crying scenes, even as a little girl are heartbreaking. There's the scene where Dodge makes her admit Milco is imaginary when she was only eight and she is fantastic in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Home and Away has suffered since she left. The majority of the shows stories revolved around her for many years before her departure. She was the person everyone could familiarize with as she grew up on our screens. I'm around the same age as her so I've always felt like I've grown up with her and can't wait for her to come back.
    I also think she's an astounding actress, her crying scenes, even as a little girl are heartbreaking. There's the scene where Dodge makes her admit Milco is imaginary when she was only eight and she is fantastic in it.

Ah yes, I recall that scene! :D Vile Dodge! :mad:
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    It doesnt need saving.Its great atmo
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    It doesnt need saving.Its great atmo

i so agree with you
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

Oh my! I'd forgotten about that dodge scene...thanks for the flashback!

Then there was when miles first came into it and everyone thought he was a creepy tramp and he tried to jog sallys memory and she had the realisation that he was milco......just going to go on youtube to bring back the memories lol!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    How did they do it if you don't mind me asking? I've lost track of h&a for a while...

It's not happened yet as far as I'm aware but it must be due soon
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Don't think it needs saving but will be interesting to see why she comes back
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member

Thank you for replying :)
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I think it might be something to do with Ricky and Adam He isn't dead as far as I'm aware
    Forum Member
    Ginger1 wrote: »
    Oh my! I'd forgotten about that dodge scene...thanks for the flashback!

Then there was when miles first came into it and everyone thought he was a creepy tramp and he tried to jog sallys memory and she had the realisation that he was milco......just going to go on youtube to bring back the memories lol!!

The scene where she realizes along with her goodbye to Alf are still the most upsetting things I have ever seen on the tv in my whole life!!!

willows....Kate has said Sally comes home at a time when she needs her loved ones the most. It could be a long shot but I think Cassie might have died