Options

Corrie Friday 23rd January 2015 - You're Never Going To Keep Me Down

dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello all and welcome to the final episode thread of the week. A light has gone out on the Street this week but we must soldier on. The fallout from the crash continues, who'll get the blame?
EPISODES
8560/8561

DIRECTOR
John Anderson

PRODUCER
Stuart Blackburn

WRITERS
Simon Crowther & Mark Wadlow

Coming up tonight at 7:30 & 8:30

MY HAPPY LITTLE PILL
Steve stares into space, clearly troubled. Michelle tells Liz that she'll be there for him, but the big question is whether she will take him back as a partner. Aware that she needs to make a decision, Michelle meets with Hamish. Will she end the fledgling relationship and focus her attentions on caring for Steve?

At the same time, gossip is rife as the factory girls discuss the crash and how Steve walked away and abandoned them to their fate. As gossip about the crash continues, Michelle is quick to leap to Steve's defence. Steve confides in Michelle that Sinead might end up in a wheelchair and everyone blames him for the crash. Michelle holds him and with some encouragement, Steve takes his first anti-depressant pill.

OPERATION TINKER
In the hospital, the doctor tells Sinead that she has a bone pressing on her spine and needs an urgent operation. Sinead is fearful that she'll never walk again. Chesney, Beth, Kirk and Craig watch anxiously as Sinead is wheeled away for her operation.

Chesney, Beth and Kirk wait nervously for news of Sinead's operation, terrified that she may never walk again. Chesney confesses to Beth that he has never loved anyone as much as he does Sinead. Will Sinead come through the operation?

ROY HANDS MARY HER ARSE
Gary arrives at the hospital, desperate for news about Alya. He apologises to her for not being there, but is it too little too late? Later, in an attempt to make amends, Roy offers Gary a job in the café. Roy tells Mary that he is trying to put things right and hopes that they can still be friends. Will Mary thaw towards him? Yasmeen puts Roy to good use at the community centre, letting him devise some cookery classes. Roy embraces the challenge.

SEXUAL FRUSTRATION
As David peruses his bank account, his spirits are lifted to see that Kylie has been shopping in Freshco. He sets off to look for her. Will David be able to trace Kylie?
David, Eva and Max all leave messages on Kylie's phone telling her how much they miss her and begging her to cum home.

ACTING MASTERCLASS
Eileen phones Billy to make him aware of Sean's accident. He admits to Sean that when he heard he'd been involved in a crash, it made him realise how much he hates him and he hoped that he wouldn't make it. Will Sean put us out of our misery?

LIPS ARE MOVING
Gavin and Steph break the news to Michael that Steph isn't actually pregnant and it was a false alarm.

Thanks to Rita's Kabin and agatha_crispies for this week's thread.

William Roache made a touching NTA speech:

"For over 40 years our dear friend Anne Kirkbride played the part of Deirdre and she became one of the best-loved and most enduring characters of *British TV,"

"With her husky voice and trademark spectacles the nation took Deirdre to their hearts. As the characters Ken and Deirdre we felt we had met our soulmates. No matter what was thrown at us, Deirdre’s wrongful imprisonment and the compelling love triangle with Mike Baldwin, we always found one another together.

"The nation seemed to want us together and I feel so blessed, honoured and privileged to have had those years working with Anne.

"What we remember the most is the vibrant warm-hearted loving person who came to work each day, gave us all a hug and *brightened up our lives

Anne was planning Corrie return days before her death

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

Comments

• Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,447
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread dullagj2 :)

Haven't watched Wednesday's episode yet so will be catching up with that at 7:30.

Hi all!:D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread.

Looking forward to the aftermath with Steve tonight.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member
    Hi all, thanks for the thread.

Well we have had a horrible week, just Sod's law that t
    It has fallen on the week when Corrie has been the best it's been in absolute ages>:(

Still no sign of a tribute show to Anne in the schedules yet, I do hope they get it on air soon.

Catch you all shortly.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely Deirdre videos- thanks dullagj.

Deirdre's final episode is really quite tragic. From those sassy first days in the early 70s to a breakdown over a trifle :(:(:(
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening dj :)

Hello there Cobbleheads ;-)
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread dullagj2 :)

Haven't watched Wednesday's episode yet so will be catching up with that at 7:30.

Hi all!:
    Very welcome RK. :)
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread.

Looking forward to the aftermath with Steve tonight.
    My pleasure Sez. :)
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for the thread.

Well we have had a horrible week, just Sod's law that t
    It has fallen on the week when Corrie has been the best it's been in absolute ages.

Still no sign of a tribute show to Anne in the schedules yet, I do hope they get it on air soon.

Catch you all shortly.
    No probs FM. :)

There's a tribute show scheduled for Tuesday 2 Feb at 7:30-8. Although the original doc. was an hour in duration and aired in 2012 to celebrate 40 years of Deirdre.
    Lovely Deirdre videos- thanks dullagj.

Deirdre's final episode is really quite tragic. From those sassy first days in the early 70s to a breakdown over a trifle :(

Glad you liked them KK. I can't believe we'll never see her onscreen again. I hope they give her a big send-off. Us viewers need to say goodbye to her and an icon like her deserves the full works.
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Evening dj :)

Hello there Cobbleheads )
    Evening Mrb. :)
  • Options
    LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Cobbleheads.

Thank you dj for the thread, what a fitting tribute to Anne. I shall watch the Dierdre videos later. Agree with you about Bill's speech at the NTA's. Don't mind admitting that a brought a tear to my eye.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go...
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member
    More upsetting scenes:o

Rita discovers the optics are dry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here goes ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go!
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    Hi, thankyou for the thread ;-)
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread, evening all.

Upsetting scenes eh? Cotton trying to act?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Cobbleheads.

I see Rita changed her tune when she caught site of the Courthouse doors. Happens so often.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Chesney asks the doctor how long till Sinead can have sex
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Steve :(
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Chesney's nose seems to be more central. Has he had some work done ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl who plays Amy is a good little actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Liz not interacting with Steve?
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Evening Cobbleheads.

I see Rita changed her tune when she caught site of the Courthouse doors. Happens so often.

That Damehood is probably not gonna happen now.:(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh FFS!
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How on earth would they know how to find the car? Did anyone write down the number???? And it got as far as The Wirral.... It could have gone in any direction....

Shut up Stereotype
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy's nearly at secondary school, she doesn't need "walking in". :confused:

Still, as it's the Lovely Liz I'll give her a pass. :)
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Michelle has forgotten about her latest bloke
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sean stirs it