Options

The Code Starting 11/10/14 BBC4 9pm

Comments

• Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    So presumably Hani's parents grassed up her friend's family in order to make sure they could get out?

Something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    did anyone recognise the guy at the end (mostly) who was in that strange bbc1 drama/thriller which was set in new zealand i think? it had holly hunter in it... atleast, i'm sure it was him and he was infact the perpetrator who was drugging and abusing the kids.

Do you mean the creepy boss? ( actually, most of them are creepy apart from Ned and his brother.:p)

I think his name is David Wenham.
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Still enjoying this after 4 episodes. The end of ep 4 sets up the final two eps well.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    You should invest in a telly. They're brilliant.
    Unless you want to go out on a Saturday night ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the scene between Carl and Jesse rather odd. How did anyone know where Jesse was, why choose Carl and why would Carl agree?

I think the brothers are very good and a lot more of a rounded character than some of the cast.
    Jesse seems to have modelled himself on Hugh Grant.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah it was top of the lake- thanks for that :)

Lucy Lawless was in that as well
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Unless you want to go out on a Saturday night ....

There's something new now called Sky+.

It's amazing. You can record stuff while you're in the boozer.

You don't even have to leave the telly on.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I found the scene between Carl and Jesse rather odd. How did anyone know where Jesse was, why choose Carl and why would Carl agree?

I think the brothers are very good and a lot more of a rounded character than some of the cast.

So I'm not the only one to think that!

I agrre, I don't understand why Carl would go to such lengths to frame Jesse. Did I miss a bit where he was pushed into it?
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other PVRs are available... (and don't cost the earth for a subscription)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member

THIS!!!
    I cannot fathom that out at all, it made zero sense. How did they know that Jesse was going to go to the bar, and get hammered on bourbon, and Carl was just there and followed him etc Where was Carl's motivation? It makes zero sense.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying it, Jesse is mesmerising in his role, superb acting. I think all the acting has been excellent and it really is quite a gripping series. We just watched all 4 episodes in 24 hours. Really loved it, cannot wait for the double finale. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which you have to pay for. Whereas the FM already has a laptop, so the marginal cost of watching in iplayer is zero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agrre, I don't understand why Carl would go to such lengths to frame Jesse. Did I miss a bit where he was pushed into it?
    No, I don't think you missed anything.
    The other odd thing was that Jesse was trying to avoid detection to the extent he threw their phones on a moving truck, so quite how he was found is a mystery to me.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to RT, it's MentalBaldy when The Code finishes! IIRC wasn't there a leftover episode from the last series?

K
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something new now called [a pvr].

It's amazing. You can record stuff while you're in the boozer.

You don't even have to leave the telly on.
    Also, a telly can be watched at any time, not just used on Saturdays!

I have followed nearly all the BBC4 Saturday subtitled Euro-crime/political dramas in the last several years but this one conflicted with a couple of events and didn't sound great to me. It also broke the run of mostly good European stuff, so I decided to give it a miss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think you missed anything.
    The other odd thing was that Jesse was trying to avoid detection to the extent he threw their phones on a moving truck, so quite how he was found is a mystery to me.

Didn't Jesse pick up a girl's phone in the cafe and use it to look at his messages? He put it back on his way out. Maybe somebody traced where he was that way.

Carl's wife may have told him ( Carl) where to find Jesse. I agree, the whole Carl thing, finding Jesse and getting him arrested is a bit odd.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone recognise the guy at the end (mostly) who was in that strange bbc1 drama/thriller which was set in new zealand i think? it had holly hunter in it... atleast, i'm sure it was him and he was infact the perpetrator who was drugging and abusing the kids.

And Lord of The Rings, second one I think, as well as Top of The Lake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    According to RT, it's MentalBaldy when The Code finishes! IIRC wasn't there a leftover episode from the last series?

K

Nooooooo! Montalbano is the worst of them all in that Saturday 9pm slot (IMO).
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Madras wrote: »
    Interestingly, IM is one of the best rating shows in that slot, especially when the repeat showings are taken into account...

K
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    So presumably Hani's parents grassed up her friend's family in order to make sure they could get out?
    Mr Madras wrote: »
    I agree, absolute garbage compared to The Bridge, Borgen, The Killing and even The Code. Fluffy nonsense.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just looked up in IMDB coz i dont really remember her in top of the lake... and on seeing her picture, i still dont really remember her!!
    but thank you for letting me know she was in it as well :)

It was pretty much a one scene cameo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm not the only one to think that!

Money. That's the only solution I can come up with.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Jesse pick up a girl's phone in the cafe and use it to look at his messages? He put it back on his way out. Maybe somebody traced where he was that way.

Carl's wife may have told him ( Carl) where to find Jesse. I agree, the whole Carl thing, finding Jesse and getting him arrested is a bit odd.
    That's what I thought re Jesse being tracked by his mobile usage.

But the Carl framing Jesse scene, I think the producers screwed up and if we could see the original script the explanation would be there. I think the scene where (I presume) Carl gets coerced into framing Jesse ended up on the cutting room floor. The only other explanation I can think of is that we are going to find out later!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davie1924 wrote: »
    I agree, absolute garbage compared to The Bridge, Borgen, The Killing and even The Code. Fluffy nonsense.

Any idea when Spiral will be back?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Any idea when Spiral will be back?

Wiki listing "fall 2014", I`m assuming in France. Nine years to do five seasons - Not exactly churning it out are they?

Liking The Code. Pretty decent compared to most the recent Euro-dross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Wiki listing "fall 2014", I`m assuming in France. Nine years to do five seasons - Not exactly churning it out are they?

Liking The Code. Pretty decent compared to most the recent Euro-dross.

We may get it after Christmas here so? :)