Options

The Kelly effect=The Cheryl effect

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
Forum Member
Despite what everyone says about Kelly Rowland, she is a star!
Whether you love her or hate her (hard to tell considering how much people write about her), she has been the X factor's Cheryl this year. As much as you say you hate cheryl or kelly, you guys talk about the two more than anything. I think it comes down to people being jealous of success. Do you know why it's Kelly and Cheryl in the tabloids and not Dannii and Tulisa? Because everyone knows who the stars are of the show are. Don't be surprised if kelly gets promoted to x factor USA and cheryl pops back on the screens next year for the UK version. Star quality is star quality. People can say Kelly is no Beyonce and people can say cheryl is a chav who can't sing. But unlike Dannii (who i aboslutely love don't get me wrong) and Tulisa (who doesn't know much about music but is still very likable) , Kelly and Cheryl are the two that the endorsement companies and media are after.

WHY?

Because only a fool would deny their talent (not only as singers) but also as bussiness moguls.

Comments

• Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    pjay1 wrote: »
    Whether you love her or hate her (hard to tell considering how much people write about her), she has been the X factor's Cheryl this year. As much as you say you hate cheryl or kelly, you guys talk about the two more than anything. I think it comes down to people being jealous of success. Do you know why it's Kelly and Cheryl in the tabloids and not Dannii and Tulisa? Because everyone knows who the stars are of the show are. Don't be surprised if kelly gets promoted to x factor USA and cheryl pops back on the screens next year for the UK version. Star quality is star quality. People can say Kelly is no Beyonce and people can say cheryl is a chav who can't sing. But unlike Dannii (who i aboslutely love don't get me wrong) and Tulisa (who doesn't know much about music but is still very likable) , Kelly and Cheryl are the two that the endorsement companies and media are after.

WHY?

Because only a fool would deny their talent (not only as singers) but also as bussiness moguls.

Can't be bothered to respond to the other parts. On the bold parts have to agree, quite possible, as Simon likes his little jokes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Imo you don't get promoted to X Factor USA, because the ratings there are not great. Also, I think Kelly has been in the papers a lot purely because of her acts; the whole drama with her feud with Janet, or the Misha bullying thing, and getting an act back in the competition. IMO Tulisa is the star judge this year, because she has been the only good judge (she did a great job getting a girl band to the final) and she is the most popular among the public. Also I don't think Cheryl knew that much about music either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member

WHY?

Can I just point out to you that Tulisa has been in the tabloids much more than Kelly Rowland for the past few weeks?
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    I like Kelly, there's no disputing her success as part of Destiny's Child. And I think she can sing although I have to say I wouldn't buy her music.

How you can compare Kelly to Cheryl is anyone's guess, the only thing they have in common is they were both in a girl band and sat in the same seat on the x factor!

Kelly has more talent in her little finger than Cheryl does. Kelly is known internationally, the only reason Americans know Cheryl is when she was sacked from the X factor.
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Kelly is often in the papers for being a poor judge...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realize that the En Vogue song that Little Mix sang was their acceptance speech. After that people jumped on board with Little Mix. I wonder who since the starting of the season had been comparing them to En Vogue? Oh yea Kelly Rowland! I wonder who put the girls together? Oh yea Kelly Rowland who told each of them they should be in a group in their auditions and also put them together in bootcamp. I wonder who took Kelly's advice on En vogue? Oh yea it was Tulisa!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Kelly, there's no disputing her success as part of Destiny's Child. And I think she can sing although I have to say I wouldn't buy her music.

How you can compare Kelly to Cheryl is anyone's guess, the only thing they have in common is they were both in a girl band and sat in the same seat on the x factor!

Kelly has more talent in her little finger than Cheryl does. Kelly is known internationally, the only reason Americans know Cheryl is when she was sacked from the X factor.
    No I mean it in the sense that they are both stars and yet get slagged the most. Don't get me wrong, talent wise I actually think Kelly is on par with Beyonce. Matthew knowles just didn't market her properly and Columbia records didn't market her as their star player.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    You do realize that the En Vogue song that Little Mix sang was their acceptance speech. After that people jumped on board with Little Mix. I wonder who since the starting of the season had been comparing them to En Vogue? Oh yea Kelly Rowland! I wonder who put the girls together? Oh yea Kelly Rowland who told each of them they should be in a group in their auditions and also put them together in bootcamp. I wonder who took Kelly's advice on En vogue? Oh yea it was Tulisa!

kelly never said that to perrie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kelly never said that to perrie?

She did during bootcamp
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    No I mean it in the sense that they are both stars and yet get slagged the most. Don't get me wrong, talent wise I actually think Kelly is on par with Beyonce. Matthew knowles just didn't market her properly and Columbia records didn't market her as their star player.

I see. Well to fair some of it (not all of it) Cheryl deserves, when you are a judge on a singing competition and can't sing yourself. I'm not honestly sure why Kelly gets so much criticism...