How well will Rebecca Ferguson's Album do?

GagaKeshaMinajGagaKeshaMinaj Posts: 524
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering how well everyone thinks Freedom will do, not only in chart placing, but longevity and sales.

Personally, I hope it does well as I think she is amazing, but fear she may be forgotten and the longevity and sales of the album won't be a patch on Heaven.

She has competition that week from Britney, and I can't think of any others :)

I pray that it manages to cause an impact and sell really well! It could possibly be her 21 moment! (Yet unlikely)

Also, how well do you think I Hope will do?

Comments

• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney really isn't competition for anyone.
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Britney will flop again
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want it to do well, but I don't think there will be enough promotion. :(

But who knows!

EDIT: I can't see I Hope doing too well because it is released so close to the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Rebecca is a rubbish, boring singer, her songs are so depressing aswell :yawn:
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Rebecca is a rubbish, boring singer, her songs are so depressing swell :yawn:

Nothing like constructive criticism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the album will do well but not sure about the single. Her first album sold really well but her fans don't seem to buy the singles.
  • mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering how well everyone thinks Freedom will do, not only in chart placing, but longevity and sales.

Personally, I hope it does well as I think she is amazing, but fear she may be forgotten and the longevity and sales of the album won't be a patch on Heaven.

She has competition that week from Britney, and I can't think of any others :)

I pray that it manages to cause an impact and sell really well! It could possibly be her 21 moment! (Yet unlikely)

Also, how well do you think I Hope will do?

Only Leona Lewis, Il Divo, Richard & Adam, Kelly Clarkson and also Rod Stewart.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed Heaven so i hope Freedom will be great too and sell even more :)
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is promoting it on TV. I Hope I Hope I Hope it does well!

BTW, to the person who said she's depressing, she said on Loose Women today that her second album will be more fun and uplifting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure she has had practically zero promotion other than X Factor which is Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure she has had practically zero promotion other than X Factor which is Sunday.

She was on the Paul O'Grady show last week and on Loose Women this morning. She was also on BBC Breakfast and will make an appearance on Daybreak shortly.
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Hope has really grown on me!

She's performing on the X Factor quarter-finals which will boost sales no end!!!

I don't think it will do as good as her debut though, especially in terms of critical acclaim!
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i THINK she will easily go top 3...and probably 1...the only competition could be il divo....because britney and kelly had no promo line up next week leona as well she will do important promo from 8 dec...so I think rebecca has big chances

I said il divo only based on pre orders..that are very good but they appear on strictly..I do not if they have other promo planned
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope (no pun intended) it is another big success for her. Her first album was pretty big, wasn't it? Double platinum?

But most importantly the music is the main thing and it's shaping up to be fantastic yet again.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    I hope (no pun intended) it is another big success for her. Her first album was pretty big, wasn't it? Double platinum?

But most importantly the music is the main thing and it's shaping up to be fantastic yet again.:)

Yes it was double platinum.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Yes it was double platinum.

It went double plaitunm!! How did it manage that? There was only 2 top 40 singles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    It went double plaitunm!! How did it manage that? There was only 2 top 40 singles

The fans who bought the first album did not seem particularly interested in the singles although Nothing's Real But Love and Backtrack did reasonably well. She still managed to shift 536,000 albums despite this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh why I would love Britney to do great and have her first number 1 album as it sounds amazing and is one of her best Rebecca will easily beat her shes got an xfactor performance Britney hasn't done a single performance this year.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    She's on X Factor this weekend which I wasn't expecting! Might do quite well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I doubt it will do great, may go Top 5 if the promo is right but I doubt it will have longevity.

She doesn't really have that, excuse the pun, X Factor. She is a little bland.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think her main competition is gonna be Il Divo, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and possible Britney. But the fact Britney probably won't be a huge competition, and Leona isn't exactly kicking of promo until after her release date, I think Rebecca will do fine. She's more of an album artist anyway so I can see her getting top 5
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant album and hope this does well.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard her single "I Hope" on the TV last week. It confirmed to me that I hate modern pop - boring, monotonous, lacking in any melody whatsoever. I have to say, though, that I thought she had a great voice. I thought it was a shame it wasn't in the service of a good song.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will go platinum thanks to all the tv appearances she's been doing. The problem is that she's had no support from radio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    I heard her single "I Hope" on the TV last week. It confirmed to me that I hate modern pop - boring, monotonous, lacking in any melody whatsoever. I have to say, though, that I thought she had a great voice. I thought it was a shame it wasn't in the service of a good song.

i found the the song to be very disappointing for the same reasons, 'I hope' there are some better tunes on the album :D

Edit: the Album will defo go Top 10.. her Album has always done better than her singles