Options

The Saturdays announce Greatest Hits Tour + Album

AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The album will feature all their singles + 3 new tracks and will be released in August, whilst the tour will begin in September.

Source: http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/news/the-saturdays-announce-greatest-hits-live-tour/

Is this the end?

Comments

• Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering this. I'm going!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 2cd edition or deluxe with all the b-sides would be good.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think I might go to the tour, I just need to wait and see what's happening with college if I'm doing my Masters degree.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    It does sound like the end for them as a group. I like them, but there is a time when groups come to a natural end and maybe it is now the right time for The Saturdays.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I was hoping for a second disc with all their b-sides since most of them are great.

Although thinking about it this may not be the end! Sugababes came out with a GH and then went on to release 3 more albums, GA also released a GH and then 2 more albums followed by another GH! So we'll just have to see I guess.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The GH may likely be the last album they owe their label
    They may re-sign with their current label or other labels may be interested in them
    Although considering what poor money makers they are, i doubt it. Flopping in america was a huge money loss to their label, as well as how poor the last two albums have sold

They have released 5 albums and this will be their sixth, and i think most record deal contracts normally are 5-6 albums with a GH being one of them.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    They should have announced this on tuesday, It would have made more sense
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they've also parted ways with their PR company. They have removed the group from their website already.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Honestly I was hoping for a second disc with all their b-sides since most of them are great.

Although thinking about it this may not be the end! Sugababes came out with a GH and then went on to release 3 more albums, GA also released a GH and then 2 more albums followed by another GH! So we'll just have to see I guess.

They were racking up platinum certified albums though.

The Saturdays can't seem to sell albums period.

This seems like the perfect end and six years active for such a terrible selling group aint bad.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    They were racking up platinum certified albums though.

The Saturdays can't seem to sell albums period.

This seems like the perfect end and six years active for such a terrible selling group aint bad.

They have been quite successful. They have had top ten singles, which is far from terrible, in my opinion.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has already been pointed out the Sugababes and Girls Aloud were in completely different situations to The Saturdays when they released their greatest hits. The Sugababes had just had a lineup change and had a double platinum album (Taller in More Ways). Girls Aloud had also released a fairly successful album prior to their greatest hits and were being name dropped by the likes of Bono from U2 and Coldplay.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe they will tell Lorraine tomorrow morning? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    Apparently they've also parted ways with their PR company. They have removed the group from their website already.

So could this definitely mean the beginning of the end for them? :( I've been a fan and supporter of them from the beginning, but I have to admit maybe now is the right time for them to end. Plus three of them are married mothers now and they might want to spend more time with their families.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have been quite successful. They have had top ten singles, which is far from terrible, in my opinion.

I meant album sales.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    I laughed yesterday when they announced a teaser, and I guessed it would be a tour and greatest hits album

They have been on borrowed time for ages now so I hope for their sake as well as ours that they break up and go their separate ways after this

Enough is enough, they just don't care anymore its very evident
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

As others have said, Sugababes had three multi platinum albums by the time of their greatest hits and four #1 singles, Girls Aloud's GH became the biggest selling album they ever released. Again, the three albums before had all gone at least platinum by the time the album was released.

Sats could carry on but I think the babies have somewhat damaged their momentum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sats could carry on but I think the babies have somewhat damaged their momentum.

Well their families are obviously their priority now. I just got the mailer announcing the tour and they said in the mailer that it is not the end, but we don't really know for certain if they mean it or not. I'm also thinking that they might not split up but they might instead take a break and then record their next album.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    Well their families are obviously their priority now. I just got the mailer announcing the tour and they said in the mailer that it is not the end, but we don't really know for certain if they mean it or not. I'm also thinking that they might not split up but they might instead take a break and then record their next album.

Yeah I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just a great thing for them personally at a bad time professionally. I hope they don't split up, I quite like a few of their songs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just a great thing for them personally at a bad time professionally. I hope they don't split up, I quite like a few of their songs

True. It would be sad if they split up, but what I suspect is that they might do what GA did and go on hiatus for a couple of years to look after their families and/or concentrate on solo or other projects. Then they might come back with a killer album, which would be great. They've had some great songs and as I said I've been a supporter since the very beginning. I even went to their first tour back in 2009! I was supposed to go to Britney's Circus tour that year but getting tickets was a problem and then I heard about the Sats' tour and I went to that instead.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and digitial spy words it as - The Saturdays release Greatest Hits - VERSION ONE

when will a version two come I wonder?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I have heard that Frankie Sandford is becoming a judge on the next X-Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard that Frankie Sandford is becoming a judge on the next X-Factor.

Probably their only hope of ever getting a performance slot.

Bet its BS though.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is the end. The fact that they are only doing Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium and not the new big Hydro Arena says it all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays, more like The Shoppers . .
    These girls don't make music, they go shopping.
    All they do is walk around & get their pics taken whilst out shopping, they disappear for a minute, change their clothes & get another pic taken . .
    Oops hang on, I'm pregnant, please take my pic . .
    Their real life cartoons. .
    They are possibly the worst girl band ever . .
    A greatest hits album, eh ? that's just hilarious . .
    Their songs are atrocious, whoever writes these songs for these girls should stop writing immediately, they're dreadful songs. .
    Let's hope this is their final soire . .
    Goodbye . .
    FOREVER !
  • Options
    lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This greatest hits is perfect for someone like me (and probably quite a few people), I like most of their singles but wouldn't call myself a 'fan' and have never been interested in buying any studio albums of theirs but would buy the greatest hits. My favourite singles of theirs are the ones that everyone else seems to hate though- Missing you, Notorious & Gentleman.

Might be a good seller for them esp if they have a killer lead single.