Options

"You're a jellyfish!"

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Worst writer on the show; wasn't he hired by wifey producer-at-time Kim Crowther?

Given her tenure that's hard to swallow.

Thats what Anna said to the Phealster. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    What about steves face when he found out about the affair? Had me laughing :)
  • Options
    camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    fi_ona wrote: »
    Say what you mean, mean what you say. Was that bit in the script left blank to fill in the gap with whatever sprung to mind at the time?
    Words fail me, as they did it seems Liz. Surprised just before destroying what little was left of Tinas head that Rob didnt come out with something also completely inane. Like '' Tina, you have really upset me, and I dont like you anymore, so I am gonna hit you with my lite saber that I got out of that bin over there and then you wont be able to come out and play anymore coz I wont be your friend, And then as a little finale stick his tongue out when walking away saying nah nah nah nah nah.

Haha, thats perfect, read it in his voice and everything.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the jellyfish line was hilarious - it was Tracy's "O.M.G" that made me cringe.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz: I knew about the affair Michelle
    Michelle: Its fine Liz, what could you of done?
    Steve: So did I Michelle :(
    Michelle: WHAT! *Arms folded* *Drags Steve by the ear and flings him onto ground* You useless worthless piece of crap! Don't speak to me ever again >:(
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The delivery was awful.

Just the delivery?
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess why the can't put in swear words after the watershed is because it's repeated at 1pm the next day on itv2 .
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What soap are u talking about?? Hate it when people don't name the soap!
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz: I knew about the affair Michelle
    Michelle: Its fine Liz, what could you of done?
    Steve: So did I Michelle :(
    Michelle: WHAT! *Arms folded* *Drags Steve by the ear and flings him onto ground* You useless worthless piece of crap! Don't speak to me ever again >:(

:D I wouldn't be surprised if this was the exact script for Michelle finding out Steve knew.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll definitely be using "jellyfish" in future to refer to my spineless boss at work :cool:.
    "I hate this job! Just sack me already you jellyfish!! "
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    What on earth?? :confused::confused::confused:

I know.....that's funny coming from someone who looks like a budgie!!! 🐥

And as for the "are we cool" comment......just pathetic...😏....what do you think this is? Friends???? That show is AMERICAN and ended ten years ago! Get a grip! 👿
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The thing that made me laugh was Steve saying 'don't worry mate, it might blow over soon' or something along those lines (to Peter) LOL
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    What soap are u talking about?? Hate it when people don't name the soap!

Coronation Street.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Means spineless

However...seeing as we were after watershed why didnt they use more realistic dialogue?

It was meant to be funny, and why can't it be realistic? Haven't you ever called someone a silly lemonade? I know I have :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    With the 9pm slot, you would think they could have thrown a swear word in.

They probably didn't know when it was being written and filmed, that the episodes would be going out at 9pm.

Though the scenes could have been changed bearing in mind the post-Watershed screening to include more adult language, which would be a lot more appropriate for a post-9pm audience than the "jellyfish". "cool" and "the lucky winner is" lines.

Have heard of "jellyfish" before as it means being spineless, or having no backbone, as other FM's have pointed out - but I can see why some people wouldn't have known that, or are so familiar with it.

Liz could have said "you're a d1ck!", at the very least.

It wouldn't have seemed unfitting either, seeing as Liz hates Peter, with there being a lot of bad blood and history continually being the case, between them.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    It's an insult to jellyfish.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they are never allowed to swear in Corrie, there is no need for swearing.

And we live in an Americanized obsessed world, I use 'cool' in that context all the time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    B*witched wrote: »
    It's an insult to jellyfish.

I agree:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably didn't know when it was being written and filmed, that the episodes would be going out at 9pm.

That is highly unlikely. Corrie has had a 9pm week every year for the last several Mays, and the climax of the Tina plot was obviously pencilled in for this particular week. Marc Baylis said he knew he was the killer six months ago.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    dashyork42 wrote: »
    I found it funny how Peter said "Thank you" to her. :D

Me too :-)
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'you`re a jellyfish' line was BAFTA material compared to the Tina and Peter dialogue.
    "What did we do"
    "Something quite beautiful."

I*`m sure the Phelmeister said something less cringeworthy to Anna after he sampled her charms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    That is highly unlikely. Corrie has had a 9pm week every year for the last several Mays, and the climax of the Tina plot was obviously pencilled in for this particular week. Marc Baylis said he knew he was the killer six months ago.

Fair enough. They may well have done - but there was always a possibility that they might not have done.

If they didn't know in advance the language could've been changed to be more appropriate to an adult audience post 9pm.

Like "you're a c**t!" would be better suited to Peter, given the circumstances.

Found his "thank you" to Liz funnier TBH, a good reflection of the language used not being any worse than "you're a jellyfish" lol - him being a spineless gimp is what she meant, which Peter quite clearly is, of course.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Leah_Marie wrote: »
    The thing that made me laugh was Steve saying 'don't worry mate, it might blow over soon' or something along those lines (to Peter) LOL

:D Loved it! Great line!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Haha - too much information thank you, lol.