Options

Jedward in sandbank emergency rescue

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the coast guard had a perfect opportunity to do the whole country a favour........but no
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have sunk faster than their career

(countdown till the two fans join the thread to tell us how great they are & how well they are doing)
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't particularly like them but they are making shed loads of cash and job opportunity seem to be never-ending for them.
    career certainly hasn't sunk i know that much .
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the coast guard had a perfect opportunity to do the whole country a favour........but no

So tempted to put something similar in the OP but resisted ;-)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »

(countdown till the two fans join the thread to tell us how great they are & how well they are doing)

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm perplexed by the fact that Jedward called their mother first instead of dialling 999 straightaway for coastguard services on mobile. Surely didn't they know this for a fact? If no, then they're either stupid or ignorant (or even worse, both!).

My eldest son was a Jedward fan when he was 5 years old :o but, thankfully, isn't anymore as he's now 7. ;-)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading about this, shame it all ended so badly
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    I'm perplexed by the fact that Jedward called their mother first instead of dialling 999 straightaway for coastguard services on mobile. Surely didn't they know this for a fact? If no, then they're either stupid or ignorant (or even worse, both!).

My eldest son was a Jedward fan when he was 5 years old :o but, thankfully, isn't anymore as he's now 7. ;-)

That made me laugh out loud. :D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So tempted to put something similar in the OP but resisted ;-)

lol it had to be said. Saying that they were brilliant to take the piss out of on 8 out of 10 cats, that had to be one of my favourites.
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It depends which report you read:
    “Nobody else on the planet has hair like that. Everyone on the strand gathered to high-five each other as the water surrounded them.

I won't spoil the rest.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/03/coast-guard-apologises-for-rescuing-jedward/

I guess we'll never know the truth, although the above does sound unlikely.

I just hope they donated a 5 figure sum to the RNLI / Coastguard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As one of those fans I won't take the bait :D but what do you think of their new single?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUUsRbLh2mA#t=12
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The coastguard really should have let these two young men drown, entertaining their fans and doing crappy hospital visits to children's wards to cheer up sick kids, and other sodding charity work, scumbags like this deserve to die, don't they? :confused:
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    As one of those fans I won't take the bait :D but what do you think of their new single?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUUsRbLh2mA#t=12

Will also sink without trace :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The coastguard really should have let these two young men drown, entertaining their fans and doing crappy hospital visits to children's wards to cheer up sick kids, and other sodding charity work, scumbags like this deserve to die, don't they? :confused:

Because that was so obviously a completely serious post wasn't it
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I found this more than a bit amusing :D
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Because that was so obviously a completely serious post wasn't it

Which one, mine or yours? :D
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends which report you read:

I won't spoil the rest.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/03/coast-guard-apologises-for-rescuing-jedward/

I guess we'll never know the truth, although the above does sound unlikely.

I just hope they donated a 5 figure sum to the RNLI / Coastguard.

That's a satirical site, as in it's not even meant to be true.

I believe a private donation was made
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »

Apparently the signal was poor, and they called their mum before they wee in any real danger.

Maybe your son found it awkward being surrounded by adults at concerts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will also sink without trace :D

They've maintained a high profile career for five years, if they packed up tomorrow, which they won't, they'd still be doing better than most.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they could have swum their way to safety if the worst came to the worst. Both are supremely fit athletes and appeared at national championship level in cross country running in Ireland.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some might wonder what they were doing in a well known gay cruising area in the early hours of the morning. Walking the dog or badger watching? Aren't they the standard excuses?

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/outrage-over-allegations-of-lewd-acts-on-donabate-beach-29370002.html
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they do have a lot of dogs to walk and they both like long distance running.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Well they do have a lot of dogs to walk and they both like long distance running.

I'll file 'long distance running at 1 am in the morning' and 'walking your dog no-where near where you live' alongside 'badger watching'. Plus did the dogs drown? They aren't mentioned in the news reports