Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just getting myself together after the heat yesterday and journey home today, but I'll just add my thoughts,. From what I saw it was all a huge success, I was also impressed by the huge crowd that gathered to see the twins and how much they appeared to enjoy the show.
    The atmosphere was great! john and Edward performed brilliantly and looked amazing.

I didn't notice anyone leave, but I was nearer the front, so wouldn't have seen. I just felt a serge of people pushing me from behind.

It's strange any review would go with the "kids love them" line, practically the whole audience were teens or adults as the pictures show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some nice videos from Guilfest - Happens in the Dark: http://youtu.be/GPMIJsk5Cec
    And Free Spirit: http://youtu.be/rUjXMzrBaRU
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think that Edward was really at the top of his game on Saturday? I mean they both were, but sometimes it seems to be John who is more lively and interacts with the crowd more.

This time Edward was doing just as much if not more - climbing up things, doing cartwheels, and near the end, throwing his jacket out into the crowd while John just threw his to the back of the stage. (John did come back out after the performance ended and throw his out though).
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good time was had by all and the response to the Jeds seems encouraging.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article explains how they came to be invited to perform at Guilfest:

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/jedwards-time-come-perform-guilfest-7470600#.U84D0t-oB-5.twitter

Interesting that it was touch and go as not everyone on the committee was in favour of inviting them. Let's hope word gets round about what a success they were.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good job Natasha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Good job Natasha!

Yes! They could do with a few more fans with dads in influential positions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good job Natasha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Good job Natasha!

Yes! They could do with a few more fans with dads in influential positions.

(Shall we do this all day? :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, don't understand why it posted twice :/

Do you wanna go panto with it?
    Hahahaha

But defo, parents on radio playlist deciding committees would be fabulous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice write up guilfest in The Irish World http://www.theirishworld.com/?p=9230

And amazing photo of the crowd from the stage http://t.co/P56BEU3IOW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Irish world article, the pictures are fantastic!!

I can't see if the Irish Sun article about Guilfest has posted, so here it is just in case http://bit.ly/1nNKhMF

So who is coming to The Olympia on the 24th?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Jedward-tickets/artist/1413164?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

I'm pretty excited that two dates have been announced :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    ...lol... do you mean a flouncy boss or a bossy flounce? :D

I think a large part of the problem with the forum was that there simply wasn't much to discuss for quite a while. It kinda turned into a scrapbook of sorts... small articles, etc. A scrapbook is not a bad thing by any means, but it is rather boring.

Pre-CBB, I used to post complete garbage just to keep up w/ some of the other appreciation threads... and no one complained at the time. But after CBB, it was made clear that only Jed-related posts were welcome... and not long after that only Jed-related positive posts were welcome. To this day, I'm not sure who imposed these restrictions on the thread and what right they had to do so.

I actually do think there is quite a bit to discuss right now: The Guilfest gig was certainly a step in the right direction... a legit music festival in the UK... I realize it's not one of the more established festivals... but it's a certainly a higher category from a sheep-shearing festival in Ireland.

Two gigs announced for the album launch, with hopefully more to be announced (maybe even the UK). Will there be signings/merch? I, for one, would love to have a carry-all or something (I don't do t-shirts anymore). If the twins are going this alone then they're going to have to go the extra mile to market their product.

I think the twins have finally realized that the tv show-circuit LW had them on did quite a bit of damage to their music aspirations. I hope they keep this in mind if they are approached by any reality shows in the future... it's definitely the case of one step forward, two steps back, in that regard. Don't get me wrong, I watched CBB, but I was already a fan at the time. In terms of new fans of J&E's music, I think these shows do much more harm than good.

Have the twins turned the corner? No, but they are steadily approaching it. It will probably take another year or so to undo the damage that was done by the poor, some might say disastrous, marketing.

*faints because I agree with most this*

I never agreed with how LW marketed them, when I first came across the twins at ESC 2011 I was struck by their drive - you could see they put everything they had into that performance, and investigating them the morning after the final, I discovered the world that is JedwardTV...from there I found the forums on Jedward Genius, and then moved over here with CBB.

*Just my opinion but* CBB was good in that it showed a "fly on the wall" side of them. If Victory had been supported with TV advertising while they were on the programme, I'm sure viewers would have bought it. I saw one ad on the first night, and that was it. Why UMI never supported them properly is beyond me. My guess is that the powers that be never actually wanted them to be successful.

Pretty sure I'm not alone in saying it's the panel shows I have most difficulty with - 8/10 Cats (why are the episodes of that show with the twins oin it seemingly on a loop??), Celebrity Juice, Buzzcocks - shows where they were mocked and not given the opportunity to show the witty and intelligent young men they are.

I watched ESC and saw they were determined. I watched Jedward TV and saw they were talented. I watched CBB and saw they were brilliant. And then I saw that LW was marketing them as a children's act...

See, Pithy, we can agree :) We're actually on the same page really...as for the uber-positivity, it was never a "don't say anything negative", more of a "be careful what you say because the media is watching" - not sure they'd bother here much anymore these days :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...lol... do you mean a flouncy boss or a bossy flounce? :D

I think a large part of the problem with the forum was that there simply wasn't much to discuss for quite a while. It kinda turned into a scrapbook of sorts... small articles, etc. A scrapbook is not a bad thing by any means, but it is rather boring.

Pre-CBB, I used to post complete garbage just to keep up w/ some of the other appreciation threads... and no one complained at the time. But after CBB, it was made clear that only Jed-related posts were welcome... and not long after that only Jed-related positive posts were welcome. To this day, I'm not sure who imposed these restrictions on the thread and what right they had to do so.

I actually do think there is quite a bit to discuss right now: The Guilfest gig was certainly a step in the right direction... a legit music festival in the UK... I realize it's not one of the more established festivals... but it's a certainly a higher category from a sheep-shearing festival in Ireland.

Two gigs announced for the album launch, with hopefully more to be announced (maybe even the UK). Will there be signings/merch? I, for one, would love to have a carry-all or something (I don't do t-shirts anymore). If the twins are going this alone then they're going to have to go the extra mile to market their product.

I think the twins have finally realized that the tv show-circuit LW had them on did quite a bit of damage to their music aspirations. I hope they keep this in mind if they are approached by any reality shows in the future... it's definitely the case of one step forward, two steps back, in that regard. Don't get me wrong, I watched CBB, but I was already a fan at the time. In terms of new fans of J&E's music, I think these shows do much more harm than good.

Have the twins turned the corner? No, but they are steadily approaching it. It will probably take another year or so to undo the damage that was done by the poor, some might say disastrous, marketing.

I have to say, I pretty much agree too :)

I can't complain about CBB too much because it's how I found the twins, but I do understand your point.

I think it will take time too, but it's all heading in the right direction, and hopefully will continue to do so.
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello, after a long time I want to post here again. I read always this thread because I have not that time anymore to be often online on twitter(because of work). I am thankful that here are posted all news about J&, because now it is hard to get all news about them (after JedGen does not continue with her website and twitter account(though I think I can understand her reasons)(nevertheless for me Planet Jedward and the fandom is lost without her))

So please continue to post the news about J&E here, because I am probaly not the only lurker.
    I watched over the last 3 days many hours their concert videos (from 2013+Dublin 2014), I think they have improved so much
    http://t.co/8oQ5EplZhi Fix it
    http://youtu.be/F8mIT0bIy20 Suit and Tie
    I would love to go to their 2 concerts in octobre (24th octobre Dublin+27th octobre Castlebar) but at moment it is not possible :( , but at least there will be probably be youtube vids about it :)

and it makes me happy to see(on the videos) how happy John but especially Edward seems now to be on stage , I hope that their career continues even if they have to start at moment maybe from new.

Regarding CBB : they have now many new fans because of CBB especially in UK and they were great there on CBB( I love to see them on TV, but only in shows where they are treated with respect, I hope that 1 day they will have again their own shows, I don´t see a problem in it to do music but also TV, at least through TV they earned enough money so that they have now the freedom to do the music they want& to write their own music and lyric(and this all without the pressure of a music company and without the pressure of a manager)

I have a question is here someone able to update this page http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FList_of_Jedward_concert_tours&ei=7kXWU4j1BazT7AbA-4GoCg&usg=AFQjCNF5cg-5NgLOL28txUWww64T7_sCYw&sig2=hwj7QcrpOcGGdhl20d14IA&bvm=bv.71778758,d.bGE ? The Dublin date from this year is missing .

I wish you all a happy&good time and for J&E all the best, they deserve it.
    Peace out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see you back Schehera :)

I just popped on to say John and Edward were voted the favourite act at Guilfest

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guilfest-2014-final-facts-figures-7525215

Also tickets for the Castlebar concert go on sale this Friday

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Jedward-tickets/artist/1413164?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Rosemary
    https://t.co/Q00Tly5Hn1 great interview(Question answering) I hope that their new album will really be a physical album and not only download (on i-Tunes...) though it is a risk, but they could do signings for it"Every signed copy is a sold copy"

Great that they were the most loved act on Guilfest, hopefully they will be invited again there and hopefully other towns in UK/Ireland invite them too to such festivals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Nice to see you back Schehera :)

I just popped on to say John and Edward were voted the favourite act at Guilfest

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guilfest-2014-final-facts-figures-7525215

Also tickets for the Castlebar concert go on sale this Friday

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Jedward-tickets/artist/1413164?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

:)

I'm a bit surprised to see that they're doing the 100 euro sound check package at Castlebar as well as Dublin. I know nobody has to buy it, but it's the only way to get a seat near the front.
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised to see that they're doing the 100 euro sound check package at Castlebar as well as Dublin. I know nobody has to buy it, but it's the only way to get a seat near the front.

You also wouldn't appreciate everyone rushing to the front if you'd paid more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are these sound check tickets limited? Or can it be that every fan could buy them and than (if every fan does it, because he/she thinks that he/she would be more near them in concert ) they are not more near the stage than without these sound check tickets?

In these sound check tickets is no Meet&Greet included, so if J&E do only the soundcheck and don´t care about the fans who buyed these expensive tickets there will be nevertheless some disappointed fans(maybe on next concerts will be M&G tickets extra&sound check tickets extra to buy(making now their own music is expensive especially when they want to live from that, but no fan is forced to buy more than a concert ticket)(+I hope that there will be new merch. articles to buy (T-shirts/cups/necklaces/ ....)

To be honest if I could afford the travel costs (for me+my son) I would buy the soundcheck tickets too, simple to see them for more minutes(how long will these sound check opening for fans be? 30 Minutes?)( I hope that in few years when my kids live their own life J&E give still concerts, so that I can see them live on stage, they are worth it)

(Sorry for my terrible english)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    You also wouldn't appreciate everyone rushing to the front if you'd paid more.

They'll have to put a barrier up to stop that happening surely?

I think it's actually annoying having people rush to the front even when you haven't paid extra, just gone to the trouble of getting your ticket as early as possible to get near the front!
    Schehera wrote: »
    are these sound check tickets limited? Or can it be that every fan could buy them and than (if every fan does it, because he/she thinks that he/she would be more near them in concert ) they are not more near the stage than without these sound check tickets?

In these sound check tickets is no Meet&Greet included, so if J&E do only the soundcheck and don´t care about the fans who buyed these expensive tickets there will be nevertheless some disappointed fans.
    But to be honest if I could afford the travel costs (for me+my son) I would buy the soundcheck tickets too, simple to see them for more minutes(how long will these sound check opening for fans be? 30 Minutes?)

I think they were limited to the first 6 rows at the Olympia?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay saw now : Jedward Sound Check Experience 24th October 2014 include:
    Ticket to Concert.
    Exclusive access to the private sound check with Jedward, before the Concert.
    Question and answers session with Jedward after the sound check.
    Crowd-free merchandise shopping opportunity before the venue opens.
    Commemorative Tour laminate and lanyard.
    Sound Check Experience Package is non-transferable.

so you get sthg for the money :) (I would now wish that someone of their friends/family memeber...would film 1 of these concerts and that J&E would sell it as DVD per internet , I am sure they have good quality cameras)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ticket to Concert.

so you get sthg for the money :) (I would now wish that someone of their friends/family memeber...would film 1 of these concerts and that J&E would sell it as DVD per internet , I am sure they have good quality cameras)

They sound pretty good, and I guess those who missed put getting the package in Dublin, can buy one here..

I also wouldn't appreciate people rushing to the front. It did get a bit annoying on the uk tour, as I'm not a pusher or shover! But it did make a good athmosphere I suppose.

Incase anyone has missed this, RTE are running a comp for a signed Jedward T Shirt

You just have to say what your favourite Jedward song is :)

https://m.facebook.com/onTRTE?_rdr

Sorry I've not quote replied everyone, I can't work out how on my iPad :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket to Concert.

BIB... YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! Merch!

I hope they have all of their previous albums available, along with the new one. They could sign a few beforehand and charge more for those.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB... YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! Merch!

I hope they have all of their previous albums available, along with the new one. They could sign a few beforehand and charge more for those.

I've always thought that, too. but apparently, there is an issue about cd's sold at a concert not counting towards the charts, so it depends if they're looking for the new album to chart or just want to sell units.

But it's certainly worth putting a few signed copies of the other albums out.

I must admit I'm pretty excited about getting my hands on a bit of Official Jedward merch :)