Options

Corrie's Mary Taylor should be a main character

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I love Mary Taylor in Corrie, a real find, she must become a regular. her stalking of Norris has been a real treat and I love her facial expressions. With Blanche gone we need a new funny actress and she perfect..

Comments

• Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Mary? Funny? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary? Funny? :rolleyes:

Yes she's amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeteJB wrote: »
    Yes she's amazing

She is about as interesting as Corrie itself at the mo.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Mary is a great character.
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is about as interesting as Corrie itself at the mo.

Pretty interesting then
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I can see a love traingle between her/Hayley and Roy
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is FABULOUS, and they should bring back Poppy Morales too!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree about Poppy, she deserved a better exit than she got but she culd still come back :)
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree with this. I like Mary, she's brilliantly hilarious and IMO Poppy had great potential as a classic northern woman Corrie character - unlike Kim Marsh who they're trying to push as one. Poppy had a bit more to her than just standing there wondering if everyone thinks she's as gorgeous as she thinks she is :rolleyes: Poppy had depth and could have been really good.
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure about her to begin with, but after the scenes at the cottage with Norris I'm now a huge fan:D

Corrie seems to have been back on track lately, the older cast members have been given more to do and the humour that was sadly missing since Maggie Jones died has returned. Hope they don't ruin it all with the stupid Tracy storyline - but that's for another thread!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's brilliant. I hope she sticks around and annoys Norris:D
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mary is too full on to be in it all the time , she works well because she appears, upsets Norris and then goes again , with the van appearing round the corner of the street like the jaws shark.
    if it were parked outside the Kabin every day and Mary was scaring Norris daily the novelty would wear off and she would just become irritating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    "Corrie's Mary Taylor should be a main character"

Oh, no she shouldn't (we've got enough one-dimensional panto-a-like characters in Corrie at the mo, thanks) :yawn:.
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see a love traingle between her/Hayley and Roy

That's more Anna Windass territory :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I love Mary, she's great! She is really funny and has fab one liners. Like a previous post tho I think she should be more of a recurring character than a permanent character. She could come back for a few months at a time and then go travelling somewhere new. It would be great as it would also give Norris something to do every few months. She also mixes well with the older characters seeing as she is probably only oin her 40s.

Could someone tell me who Poppy Morales is/was? I can recall the name but really cant remember the character or what she did!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Mary is too full on to be in it all the time , she works well because she appears, upsets Norris and then goes again , with the van appearing round the corner of the street like the jaws shark.
    if it were parked outside the Kabin every day and Mary was scaring Norris daily the novelty would wear off and she would just become irritating

Agree completely- she is a great character but you can get too much of a good thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Phoenix04 wrote: »
    That's more Anna Windass territory :D

The scene between her and Roy yesterday! :eek:

Put me off my coffee and biscuits.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starbaby wrote: »
    "Corrie's Mary Taylor should be a main character"

Oh, no she shouldn't (we've got enough one-dimensional panto-a-like characters in Corrie at the mo, thanks) :yawn:.

this.
  • Options
    Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary is hilarious. I hope she stays in Coronation Street for a long time.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are they going with her as it is? She is a nutter as we expected, and no-one believes Norris.

She lives off the street and whenever she comes near he legs it. Unless she makes friends with Hayley or moves in with Emily (in fact...what happened to Ramsay's flat?) she has a limited shelf life surely.
  • Options
    slade1slade1 Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just yet another unbelievable comedy character that corrie keeps churning out these days.
    I used to like Corrie but now its more like a sit com than a soap which in my opinion is a real pity
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's a good character. Corrie does eccentric characters really well, and Mary's certainly one of the most eccentric.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slade1 wrote: »
    She is just yet another unbelievable comedy character that corrie keeps churning out these days.
    I used to like Corrie but now its more like a sit com than a soap which in my opinion is a real pity

err.. these days, what about Reggie Holdworth, Eddie Yates, Stan & Hilda, Corrie always had comic characters..