supersized Earth :20:00 BBC1.

2»

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    I thought it was excellent. far better than I was expecting.

Beautifully framed, shot and presented.

And a cool soundtrack.
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Caught up with this last night. Simply great programme with a good presenter who is just the right side of matey, first class photography and editing. Very interesting and can't wait for the next episode.
    miaviv wrote: »
    this show is fantastic. my kids are absolutely inspired to know more about engineering as a result of this programme. everything is presented in an easy-to-understand format and it's just fascinating. Hope to see more of Dallas too, really good presenter and very likeable.

I think they were three well-made programmes and everyone involved should be congratulated for making these engaging documentaries. (Robert) Dallas Campbell has turned out to be a pretty good factual presenter and l hope he does more of this type of work in the future. The only downside for me was the soundtrack being a bit too intrusive sometimes.
  • bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that what wasn't mentioned by the Costa Del Sol 'greenhouses' is that despite the arid land the only reason they are there is thanks to added moisture from the Med that enhances dew-points at night, meaning when the morning comes the plants get additional water from the temperature diffirential condensating on the plastic above. Its this untapped resource that allows the plants to thrive aswell as holding more freshwater aloft in the air (than all the freshwater lakes on Earth combined) along this temperate region in the form of humidity & moisture.

Still a fascinating series that brings home just how much we are dependant on what little resources our planet has. The Copper Mine and Turbines especially were tonights highlights.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An excellent series - Reithian programming!

K
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bridgerr wrote: »
    I'm surprised that what wasn't mentioned by the Costa Del Sol 'greenhouses' is that despite the arid land the only reason they are there is thanks to added moisture from the Med that enhances dew-points at night, meaning when the morning comes the plants get additional water from the temperature diffirential condensating on the plastic above. Its this untapped resource that allows the plants to thrive aswell as holding more freshwater aloft in the air (than all the freshwater lakes on Earth combined) along this temperate region in the form of humidity & moisture..

Very interesting. I was wondering where all of the water came from.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was enjoying it, but had to switch off after 20 minutes because the loud background music was doing my head in. WHY do they do it?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Very interesting. I was wondering where all of the water came from.

I was too, but the pretty pictures stopped my brain working for a while and the thought left my head :)
  • GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a good series, but went slowly downhill - glad there were only 3 episodes.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this series return next year looking at different themes. I'm definitely not technically-minded but I love how this was presented in a way that we could all understand. More education but entertaining stuff like this from the BBC please.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the first 2 episodes but the 3rd is all about farming and just like watching country file :confused: