Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Wow - lots of new stuff yesterday but that one was the most interesting - and puzzling. The house looks a LOT like the Rix house and according to the poster it is on Lundy St, which is where the Rix house is. But I kept going back and forth to my pictures and it just doesn't completely match. The pictures I got were from a website listing the house for sale about 6 months ago. On the two sides we could see the windows are completely different and parts of the house just don't match.

So, either the builder of the house constructed two similar houses on that street or there has been some extensive remodeling.

I think it does make sense that the same builder was responsible for that house. It's quite similar, so much so that I thought it was the same one, but now that you point out that it isn't, I can see differences.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »

Darn, I only crochet!;)
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I notice about MC in all these pictures...in all of DM....in all of W&M? The man has absolutely beautiful skin. That must be a blessing for an entertainer. He has not a blemish..no whiskers..no defects. Put that together with his meticulous grooming and dressing in DM and it's an amazing turn on. I bet he smells good too.

Forgive me, I've been watching S1 William and Mary. Way-ay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    You know what I notice about MC in all these pictures...in all of DM....in all of W&M? The man has absolutely beautiful skin. That must be a blessing for an entertainer. He has not a blemish..no whiskers..no defects. Put that together with his meticulous grooming and dressing in DM and it's an amazing turn on. I bet he smells good too.

Forgive me, I've been watching S1 William and Mary. Way-ay

Totally understandable, I think you've inspired my evening activities. I just love him in that blue shirt looking at the computer pictures and the expressions on his face. O my, yes, I must see it again.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Well, yes, they do show Caroline Bosman on the ground. But the video and photos we've seen of the Doc show him running down to the party, getting Penhale, and then both of them run back up toward the village. It's very confusing.
    Haven't seen the running back up - at least haven't noticed if I have seen it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Haven't seen the running back up - at least haven't noticed if I have seen it

If you keep clicking through all the pics and there are a lot in this lot you'll see the run down and run back up (with some others in between. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605244646175049&set=oa.10151788667376660&type=1&theater

There is also this video that shows it though you can hear Mrs. T at the end but she doesn't come into view.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=605256232840557&set=o.6043216659&type=2&theater
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet from actress Kirstie Alley:

@kirstiealley: I think the British actor who Plays Doc Martin looks like a 3 year old boy I know called Stewart. Poofy lips like a child. So cute!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    Tweet from actress Kirstie Alley:

@kirstiealley: I think the British actor who Plays Doc Martin looks like a 3 year old boy I know called Stewart. Poofy lips like a child. So cute!

Great. Kirstie Alley can play a predatory American loudmouth fixated on the Doc in S7. Eleanor returns to run the Large Restaurant. McCauley Culkin has a child just in time to play James Henry. Graham Norton hosts comedy night at the Crab & Lobster. Well, why not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Darn, I only crochet!;)

If you started learning to knit now, you might be able to do one for next year's fair. Knitting is not that hard; a bit tricky to catch onto, but once you do you're away. Mind you, I started a sweater--2 or was it 3 years ago?--and it's still sitting in the needles. I've got 10" of the bottom back done and keep meaning to pick it up again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    If you keep clicking through all the pics and there are a lot in this lot you'll see the run down and run back up (with some others in between. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605244646175049&set=oa.10151788667376660&type=1&theater

There is also this video that shows it though you can hear Mrs. T at the end but she doesn't come into view.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=605256232840557&set=o.6043216659&type=2&theater

Although I have borrowed someone's Face Book page (only to see the Doc Martin shots), I'm unable to find all these great photos you folks keep enticing us with. When I click on your links I keep getting a message that says: This content is currently unavailable. Also, when I tried the Doc Martin Fan Club, there is just one page of photos, yet I've noticed some of you saying there are oodles of new pictures. Could someone please tell me how to access these?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I have borrowed someone's Face Book page (only to see the Doc Martin shots), I'm unable to find all these great photos you folks keep enticing us with. When I click on your links I keep getting a message that says: This content is currently unavailable. Also, when I tried the Doc Martin Fan Club, there is just one page of photos, yet I've noticed some of you saying there are oodles of new pictures. Could someone please tell me how to access these?

They are both links to <Doc Martin (martin Clunes) Fan Club> and it is a closed site just request permission to join and you can see the pics. You will get everything on your facebook newsfeed so the person whose Facebook you are borrowing may not like it.

It takes 2 mins to set up a Facebook page for yourself and then you can get martin clunes newsfeeds without bothering any one.

When the photos come up there is an arrow (sometimes there is no arrow but pretend there is) over to the far right or far left. Click on these arrows to get to the next photo.

<doc Martin series 6 spoilers> is also a closed group that you have to join to see the photos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone. I was looking about for more spoilers and I found the school' website that is used for the filming. There are a few filming photos there in the gallery.
    Also They said that "Y2 and Y6 enjoyed being extras on location for the final episode of the new Doc Martin series. " So we know the sports day is the final episode. Here is the link tot he school's gallery http://www.st-minver.cornwall.sch.uk/gallery.asp
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. I was looking about for more spoilers and I found the school' website that is used for the filming. There are a few filming photos there in the gallery.
    Also They said that "Y2 and Y6 enjoyed being extras on location for the final episode of the new Doc Martin series. " So we know the sports day is the final episode. Here is the link tot he school's gallery http://www.st-minver.cornwall.sch.uk/gallery.asp
    What I am wondering is if they are also filming the Christmas special --if there is actually to be one. If the last episode has been filmed, perhaps that's what they are still doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    They are both links to <Doc Martin (martin Clunes) Fan Club> and it is a closed site just request permission to join and you can see the pics. You will get everything on your facebook newsfeed so the person whose Facebook you are borrowing may not like it.

It takes 2 mins to set up a Facebook page for yourself and then you can get martin clunes newsfeeds without bothering any one.

When the photos come up there is an arrow (sometimes there is no arrow but pretend there is) over to the far right or far left. Click on these arrows to get to the next photo.

<doc Martin series 6 spoilers> is also a closed group that you have to join to see the photos.

Last Romantic, the fb site you're looking at probably has the least number of S6 photos. You need to join, as cc.cookie mentioned, the Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club fb page, and join Connie's Doc Martin S6 Spoilers fb page to see the photos. There are probably hundreds of them at this point. Some but not all also can be seen at this blog maintained by a forum member: http://docmartinseries6.blogspot.com/

Note that where you see one photo, you might want to click into it and may find numerous photos to click through.

I agree with cc.cookie, however. It's easy to join facebook and then you can easily and quickly ask to join those private groups where the photos are. And then after the filming is over at the end of July, you can turn off your facebook membership. It's true that if you join the DM groups as your friend, updates and new photos will start appearing in your friend's facebook newsfeed, and I bet he/she wouldn't want that.

What will happen after you've joined is you will click on a link, get that fb page about content not available, then sign in to facebook, and, poof, you're at the linked photo(s). Easy peasy.;) Or sign in to facebook before you even click on the link; then you'll go right to the photo.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how reliable this is, but saw on one of the DM FB pages that filming finished yesterday, apparently on schedule or even a little ahead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    What I am wondering is if they are also filming the Christmas special --if there is actually to be one. If the last episode has been filmed, perhaps that's what they are still doing.

Great find! Thanks for locating this and passing it along. It's interesting to see how much sitting around and standing around seems to go into each scene. I should get a job on this show. I'm a highly qualified sitter arounder!
    I see that there will be a three-legged race. I'd give almost anything if Louisa and the Doc also participate in that.

NewPark, good question. Early in the filming we did keep hearing hints of a Christmas special. I wonder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I have no idea how reliable this is, but saw on one of the DM FB pages that filming finished yesterday, apparently on schedule or even a little ahead.

Here's a link to the final location filming schedule.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488675331215007&set=o.6043216659&type=3&theater

If this hasn't changed, they'll finish up next Thursday with filming at the Old Cafe and Beach House at Port Gaverne. Wonder why there's such a big gap between yesterday's filming at the beach and the final filming more than a week later. Maybe they're just doing interior filming in the barn/studio until then.

Then again, if you saw that someone at FB said they've finished, maybe that little bit of filming listed for next week has been changed or cancelled (or they already did it).

It's been so much fun seeing all of the photos and hearing the stories from people who have been there. I'll miss it. Thank you to the people here at the forum who were there and shared so much with us. Priceless and fun!
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As most of us do, I follow all the posting on FB. I noticed the other day that a new fan stated she watched all the episodes over and over except for "the failed wedding episode" otherwise known as "In Sickness and in Health". As I am down here in Panama, I have been doing the same thing (thanks so much for Hulu despite their lame, intrusive commercials). I used to dislike "Of All the Harbours" with John Slater but realized what an excellently written and acted piece of work it is. The last time I watched it I had to stop for a while and think..."Wow that was great".

Now I'm with this other new fan. I find "In Sickness" so depressing I don't fancy watching it. I do love the bit with Doc, the vicar and the pig from a purely comedic view and for a view of just what he will do for Louisa but the rest is just purely depressing. I'm also not crazy about "Into the Woods". Not enough Doc for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    robspace54 wrote: »
    It did not start out that way... but as I said, we shall see if the Muse awakes!

Rob
    I know, I'm a bit late, but I had to ponder about this a bit. However, the idea kept nagging me, as Rob called for the muses while we were talking about the proposal scene.
    I know, it has been addressed in FanFic over and over again, but what about the FanFic writers on this forum summon up the muses big time and get a little story starting from about the scene when Holly is put into the ambulance until latest when Martin get the thumbs up from Dave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Kirstie Alley can play a predatory American loudmouth fixated on the Doc in S7. Eleanor returns to run the Large Restaurant. McCauley Culkin has a child just in time to play James Henry. Graham Norton hosts comedy night at the Crab & Lobster. Well, why not?

Love your thinking, statesidefan!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you started learning to knit now, you might be able to do one for next year's fair. Knitting is not that hard; a bit tricky to catch onto, but once you do you're away. Mind you, I started a sweater--2 or was it 3 years ago?--and it's still sitting in the needles. I've got 10" of the bottom back done and keep meaning to pick it up again.

I did learn to knit first as a teenager, but then moved on to crochet and never looked back. I've done any number of animal type things for my son, puppets for storytelling in my profession, gifts, etc. but all in crochet. And don't feel bad, I've got a sweater on the hook as well, just got a bit further with it when I put it down!:) But then I just really want to go to Buckham Fair. We found the fields when we were there but it was April, so just a lovely view and Martin was in the north enjoying his heavy horse camp birthday present. Oh, well, I would have fainted if he'd come down the road anyway!;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »

Last Romantic, I joined FB just so I could access the content you are frustrated about. I don't care to talk to a hundred "friends" or post anything there and you don't have to either. But it does give you access to the two wonderful groups (that our beloved Conniej admins) so is worth it IMHO. (PS. I love technology but just don't love FB otherwise.)

cc.cookie, thanks for filling in the rest of the info LR needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BodminDM wrote: »
    I know, I'm a bit late, but I had to ponder about this a bit. However, the idea kept nagging me, as Rob called for the muses while we were talking about the proposal scene.
    I know, it has been addressed in FanFic over and over again, but what about the FanFic writers on this forum summon up the muses big time and get a little story starting from about the scene when Holly is put into the ambulance until latest when Martin get the thumbs up from Dave.

It would be rated R, wouldn't it? Not that I would have a problem with that.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    BodminDM wrote: »
    Biffpup wrote: »
    It would be rated R, wouldn't it? Not that I would have a problem with that.;)

"M", please!! :D
This discussion has been closed.