✭✭✭
    Oh, matron ;)
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Everybody should have their own owl.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome owl, but what's with the guy screaming like a little girl?
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    lol excellent 'commentry' :kitty:
  • bazpabazpa Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    In my previous home I had a Pigeon (Walter) that used to come visit me regularly, and | also came home one day to find a bird had come down the chimney and spread soot all over the place.
    I also had a pet Budgie
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, the guy's bricking it but the owl doesn't give 2 hoots.

Literally zero hoots were given that day.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a pet cockateil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=733kUsz9sAE who is out of his cage most of the day , does that count ?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a blackbird or could have been a magpie come down my chimney into the bedroom and fly about like a mad thing, shitting everywhere.

It was like something out of 'The Birds' - I thrashed myself to the window, opened it as wide as possible and left the room shutting the door.

Scared the living bejaysus out of me, but I knew the bird was as panicked as I was.

Cleaning up wasn't fun, but it was sort of interesting in hindsight.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I do but it's usually deliberate, as a result of rescuing clapped-out birds that I find flapping around outside.
    I know when they're ready to be released again 'cos they start to take over the house and usually end up roosting in my book-cases. :blush:
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have 3 cats and often have birds of various types in the house. They aren't all dead either. We also have mice and sometimes they're alive too. Not for long though. We have occasionally been able to rescue birds and OH climbs up a ladder and places them high in a tree.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was woken up one morning by a sparrow flying around my bedroom. It came in via a hole on the roof into the loft and fell through a gap in the airing cupboard which is in my room. I ran across the road to my friend's house terrified and she had to come over and help get it out. At the time I thought it was a massive bird by the sounds of it flapping around. I was a little embarassed when I discovered it was actually just a small sparrow.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Here are some videos of the bird I used to share a house with:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcUUBn7SDoM-qFUy4iXoTVw
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different bird in my house every weekend. :cool:

Usually the cat brings them in >:(
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Just take a look at this. :kitty:

http://youtu.be/UxXSHDdlh_E

What an evil looking Owl.
  • ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah a pigeon flew through my fireplace once.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a bird flew down my chimney a few years ago - trapped behind an electric fire.
    Instructions from the RSPCA were clear and very specific. Open the door in the room. Open the Kitchen door. Close the curtains (without this step the bird will fly straight at the window in panic and be injured/killed).

Worked like a charm. I pulled the fire away......and the bird flew away at astonishing speed, including the 90 degree swerve into the kitchen. :)
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bird but I once found a bat curled up and having a kip on the venetian blinds, one night. I went out to find something to contain it and when I got back it was flying round the lounge. It looked quite small on the blinds but it was like a pterodactyl on speed in flight, :o
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have but she used to shit everywhere.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Ha ha, the guy's bricking it but the owl doesn't give 2 hoots.

Literally zero hoots were given that day.

that because you need 2 owls to give 2 hoots
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A crow came down my chimney once and it was in the lounge over night. I only discovered it the next morning when I drew the curtains and it flew towards the window. Luckily my pet birds were still covered up so they weren't spooked. Thankfully, it seemed to have spent all night just perched on the arm of a chair so there wasn't much mess.

The crow then flew through the open door into the kitchen and ended up against the windows. I then used a broom handle like a giant perch and offered it up to the crow, he hopped onto it and I carried it outside where he flew off :) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have cats!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nan had an owl stuck in the chimney when we were kids. It was bloody filthy poor thing, it had to go to the vet
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat has left me plenty of dead and nearly dead birds to dispose of. I did manage to get a magpie off her whilst it was still fairly unharmed - only for it to fly full pelt into a window:( It did manage to flutter away into the trees once I persuded it out through an open window.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    that because you need 2 owls to give 2 hoots

I bet you didn't pass owlgebra at school.. :p
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    Yes, I have cats!

I have both cats and birds, they work together. From the 'animal intelligence' thread.
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Geese and ducks are scarily intelligent. Mine have learned how to gain access to the house by getting one of the cats to open the catflap for them. They had tried to get in before, but the flap is controlled via the cat's microchips and so wouldn't open for the geese. However, they watched, plotted and took notes and realised that if they scare one of the cats it'll run straight towards the flap whereby it'll open and they'll follow it in.

Not only that, but they've also learned to hold it open for their cohorts too.

You ever awoke in the morning to find a couple of geese staring straight at you? It's certainly different.