Doctor Who: Listen BBC One/HD /09/2014 7.30 pm Official Thread

DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
Forum Member
✭✭
Having this ready early this time! I hope people dont mind its posted 2 days before it airs?

What did you think of the episode? 529 votes

Excellent
64% 339 votes
Good
20% 108 votes
Average
6% 36 votes
Poor
5% 28 votes
Very Poor
3% 18 votes

Comments

• Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,935
    Forum Member
    Only two days? The episode thread has been started long before that many times before!
    :D
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Only two days? The episode thread has been started long before that many times before!
    :D

Ok fair enough! :D
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might start the Mummy on The Orient Express one or is that a bit early?
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Having this ready early this time! I hope people dont mind its posted 2 days before it airs?
    Actually I'm surprised how good people are being this year. Last year it seemed the competitiveness to start the thread meant people were starting the episode threads a week before and when the episodes had actually aired you had to trawl through 30 odd pages of speculation before you actually got to comments from when people had actually seen the episode.

2 days is way better in comparison
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really excited for this episode. Most people who have watched the leak think it's brilliant.
    Cannot wait! :D
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I stand corrected :D you did get to create the thread for Listen!

Well Done

Very interested in how this episode goes based on all the build up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I'm surprised how good people are being this year. Last year it seemed the competitiveness to start the thread meant people were starting the episode threads a week before and when the episodes had actually aired you had to trawl through 30 odd pages of speculation before you actually got to comments from when people had actually seen the episode.

2 days is way better in comparison

lol well if someone goes and creates a job lot for the rest of entire series now that would break the record the other way!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what are peoples expectations for Listen?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To keep S8 on it's consistently good track ;-)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really an expectation, but a hope:
    The episodes of Series 8 have been good so far, but IMO none have been truly stand-out or above 8/10 in TheSilentFez ranking system. I'm hoping this episode is that stand-out 9 or 10 I've been waiting for.

And judging by the reviews, it may well be... but only time well tell
    Regardless, one thing's for sure: I'm really looking forward to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next time trailer is REALLY promising. Such mystery- creepy episode can not possibly be bad. I really expect 10/10 story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope that it is really good I agree that the others have been good so far but the first two were better than last weeks, but even last weeks wasn't bad.

Yes I agree it looks like it will be a scary one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clip from the other thread for those that want it.

Capaldi is hypnotic. I feel I should take The Doctor's words of wonder, concern and fear much more seriously than I have for the last few years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy this week's poster.

Clicky!
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want these posters! Another brilliant one... :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Capaldi is hypnotic. I feel I should take The Doctor's words of wonder, concern and fear much more seriously than I have for the last few years.

Indeed! Alot more gravity when he speaks. Part of the problem looking back with Ten and more so Eleven is they were rarely ever really scared. They acted like they had seen it all before and very little was surprising and more significantly threatening or scary to them. Even when Eleven would have a little cry or get all sad faced at the prospect of Trenzalore he would soon be bounding around and being all wonderful and silly. So as a viewer I never felt fear or scares or any real tension. All too easy. A room crammed full of Silence? Should be terrifying. But not when Eleven and River can twirl around and wipe them all out while exchanging witty sitcom banter.

Its why I think The Waters of Mars and episodes like Human Nature and The God Complex are so appealing. You see a Doctor unsure of himself. Fearful and uncomfortable. Uncertainty. And that translates to the viewers. Or at least this one.

Twelve sounds scared. Almost unhinged in that clip. Its so much more dramatic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member

He is just so terrific. This clip is certainly mesmerizing.
    Capaldi is just SO The Doctor!!
    Cannot wait to watch it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow that's cool I want to see more of that! Capaldi is great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member

Why are you worried that other people are worried?
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen the trailer only, when I first saw it I was like 'I hope it's not another Night Terror' type situation, as it's seemed to be the typical 'scary' story of the season! So from comments of everyone else saying it should be good my hopes are raised a bit more now for it to be a good one!

I did cringe at the trailer for the Robin Hood episode, but I enjoyed it.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck, everybody. Hope it's a good 'un. Looking forward to it. Will pop in to see the fan hit the sh...whoops, got that wrong, later. This is the one I've been looking forward to most because of the 'buzz' around it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Error!
  • Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit worrying CultBox only gave it 3/5 on their spoiler free review.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam Law wrote: »
    Bit worrying CultBox only gave it 3/5 on their spoiler free review.

...and 9's & 10s elsewhere - see the spoiler-free review thread for more :) Subjective tastes - they rated Ep3 higher, but I suspect that won't be the case on DS.