2013 Start Date

2»

Comments

• Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    It's what they're calling the pairing up show with a group dance at the end. The first 'competitive' live show is usually about 3 weeks later.

Ah i see thanks :)
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,119
    Forum Member
    I see it will now be filmed at Elstee studios now they have shut television centre, it is as easy to get there by public transport?
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    I see it will now be filmed at Elstee studios now they have shut television centre, it is as easy to get there by public transport?

It's about 10 mins walk (or a bus ride) from Elstree & Borehamwood station (trains from St Pancras).

I don't think there is any parking facilities for audience members although there are some council pay and display car parks mentioned on various sites although these are not very close by (well certainly not as close as the car park at Westfield was for TVC).
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone remember the number of weeks between the launch show and the start of the show proper last year. I thought it was 3 weeks, but I read this article from Kevin Clifton's local paper in which he says:

I have done a few days of rehearsals already on the group numbers.

There's a few weeks to go to the launch show, where we get paired up with the celebrities.

We get two weeks to train with that celebrity and then on the first show you perform your first number.

That would make the first show the 22nd September. Was it always just 2 weeks? :confused:
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Can anyone remember the number of weeks between the launch show and the start of the show proper last year. I thought it was 3 weeks, but I read this article from Kevin Clifton's local paper in which he says:

There's a few weeks to go to the launch show, where we get paired up with the celebrities.

We get two weeks to train with that celebrity and then on the first show you perform your first number.

That would make the first show the 22nd September. Was it always just 2 weeks? :confused:

Hi soupy.....Might have changed this year...but it was 3 weeks last year... :)
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member

I'm sure it was 3 weeks training last year (Fern got docked week due to her previous experience if I remember right).
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Hi soupy.....Might have changed this year...but it was 3 weeks last year... :)
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    I'm sure it was 3 weeks training last year (Fern got docked week due to her previous experience if I remember right).

Thanks both of you, that's how I remember it too :).

Two weeks doesn't seem enough to me. Maybe Kevin just got it wrong :p
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year the launch show was broadcast on the 15th and the first day of training was on Monday 17th, before the first live show was on Friday 6th October. So three weeks between broadcast of launch and live show but a bit less than that, so 'two weeks' is probably a generalisation.
  • Options
    komentaightorkomentaightor Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When do we think Strictly Come Dancing will return to our screens this year?

7th September, 14th September, 21st September or 28th September?

My TV black box is not working properly, may need repair, so I've particularly asked the BBC to hold off the start date until my telly black box is repaired - probably 21st September.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Launch show is televised on 7th September.

The first live shows will be Friday/Saturday 27/28 September.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Launch show is televised on 7th September.

The first live shows will be Friday/Saturday 27/28 September.

Thank you, these dates are getting closer all the time.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The launch show airs from 7-8.10pm on the 7th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    The launch show airs from 7-8.10pm on the 7th.

:eek::eek::eek: 11 days !!!! :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Time for the launch is 6.50 now and not 7pm

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-08-28/strictly-come-dancing-2013-new-series-launch-date-revealed

Time is confirmed by @BBCOne on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/372713860521676800
    *NEWS* We can confirm that @bbcstrictly will return to @BBCOne on Saturday 7th September at 6:50pm.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »

X Factor at 8pm so guess its been brought forward by 10 minutes so the two don't clash.

However it will compete directly with ITV's Stepping Out but it's a no brainer as to who will win that clash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    X Factor at 8pm so guess its been brought forward by 10 minutes so the two don't clash.

However it will compete directly with ITV's Stepping Out but it's a no brainer as to who will win that clash.

What competition?.... That's just a different version of Celebrity Big Brother... 'Celebrity Domestic Squabbles Come Prancing' .... :p:p:p