tdotd after party

adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a529883/doctor-who-live-the-afterparty-to-air-on-bbc-three-for-50th.html

Much as I'm really pleased that the BBC is broadcasting tons of Doctor Who stuff in the next few weeks, do we really need another programme in the style of the Capaldi unveiling? I mean, did someone at the BBC really sit down after that cheesefest and say, 'Now THAT was quality TV, let's do it again!'

Surely this BBC3 After Party will only consist of minor celebs waffling on about how much they enjoyed TDOTD. This is exactly what most of us fans will be doing in the comfort of our own homes. Do we really need Zoe Ball and, god help us, bloody Rufus Hound, to do it on TV? :mad:

Comments

• Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before
    "Boo, there's not enough Doctor Who programming about the anniversary, the BBC/Moffat/Everyone hates the show, this is the worst anniversary ever!!!"

After
    "Boo, why are they putting on another show to celebrate Doctor Who that might have a few celebrities on it that I don't like. Bloody BBC/Moffat/Everyone should have exactly the same taste as me. And my TV does not have an off switch. And always gets stuck on BBC3 at 9.05 on a saturday night!!!"

:rolleyes:
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not being a grouch about this. Not at all - I'm really looking forward to just about everything that the BBC is broadcasting - Gatiss' drama and the Brian Cox programme especially, plus there's tons of really interesting stuff coming up on BBC radio too.
    It's just that a Live Party type show seems rather pointless to me, isn't the sort of thing that interests me, and I don't think that this sort of show does Doctor Who any favours.
    My TV won't be tuning to it, but if yours does then, seriously, I hope you enjoy the show.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Documentaries, Dramas, Old Who, New Who, Science Programmes and Chat Shows are all very well but if the 50th is a celebration then it's only reasonable that we see a celebration. A party to celebrate :)

I reckon I'll give it a go, assuming I haven't burnt out by then :D
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Does anyone reckon the will be broadcast from the convention
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be a pleasant piece of fluff. Doctor Who is meant to be fun. :)
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    And maybe they'll reveal something about Christmas? CIN can't do the prologue they often do, because the telethon is before DOTD.