The Purge (Horror movie)

Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
Forum Member
Anyone else seen the new horror film, The Purge?

Seen a trailer and it looks good, I have pre-order my copy on amazon and just wondering is it worth £10.00?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Purge-DVD-Lena-Headey/dp/B00CI39NHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378908335&sr=8-1&keywords=the+purge

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it at the cinema, but personally I probably wouldn't buy it, at least not at full price. I also wouldn't call it a horror movie, it's more of a thriller really, so if you watch it expecting a horror movie you may be disappointed. Don't get me wrong though, it is an enjoyable film.
  • Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I enjoyed it at the cinema, but personally I probably wouldn't buy it, at least not at full price. I also wouldn't call it a horror movie, it's more of a thriller really, so if you watch it expecting a horror movie you may be disappointed. Don't get me wrong though, it is an enjoyable film.

Thanks for letting me know, I might cancel it then and wait for the price to go down. :D

So its not a horror then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Owen_Kent wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know, I might cancel it then and wait for the price to go down. :D

So its not a horror then?

No problem :) I imagine the price will come down fairly quickly for The Purge, especially on DVD, you'd probably be able to pick it up for a fiver in a few months.

It was marketed as a horror movie, but it's more of a home invasion thriller with a slight sci-fi edge. If you want to see a home invasion horror movie I'd recommend 'You're Next' that came out at the cinema a few weeks ago, that's more of an outright horror movie than The Purge (imo) even though they have a similar premise.
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    i thought the main baddie was very good, reminded me of the joker
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think its worth a tenner, one of those watch once type of movies for me.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wondering is it worth £10.00?

Thread about it here ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1828298

Truly, truly awful film. When I saw it at the cinema, I literally had one hand on my bag, ready to walk out. Gave it a few more minutes and managed to stick it out to the end.

It's a shame because it was such a brilliant premise.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I liked it, but it's certainly not a Horror film and I wouldn't pay £10.00 for it.
  • Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I liked it, but it's certainly not a Horror film and I wouldn't pay £10.00 for it.

Well it seems I will cancel my order then and will order it when price goes down :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it seems I will cancel my order then and will order it when price goes down :)

Or don't order it at all and save yourself the trouble !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhys Wakefield was the only decent thing in it.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really disappointed by it, and it's certainly not a horror film. If it's a home invasion horror you're after check out The Strangers or You're Next.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

I agree:) it was a good thriller but too many of the "why would any sane person do that..." moments.
    It was a great concept & I hear a sequel is a possibility.

Great casting I must say.