EastEnders: 13/10/14 - Breaking Point for Linda as Nancy Celebrates

15678911»

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Emma's reasoning baffling. She doesn't spend much time with family and friends so she was attracted to Max? :confused:

She found the time to be shagging him outside of work, so go home and spend that time with your family you dull bitch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Ronnie and Charlie's scenes and amazing chemistry emphasised the sheer and utter lack of chemistry between Nancy and Dexter - why, oh why, are the writers trying to force something out of nothing between these two?!

Like so many have said, Nancy needs a decent, non-relationship (non-Dexter!) storyline.
  • Al_StackAl_Stack Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Why did we have an extended view up Johnny's nose at the end?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those Ronnie and Charlie scenes today were just cuteness overload. So much chemistry between them and it has been a long time since EE had that.

I feel so sorry for Linda. It's so sad to watch.

Dexter needs to go and more Nancy and Tam please but just as friends though.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Scrabbler! We need a GodFather part 2 and Con Air DVDs

I have the God father trilogy, not seen con air though. Bring some popcorn round to mine and we shall watch them both :D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romancing the Stone isn't a romcom its an action adventure film. I loved that film back in the 80's Ronnie has good taste!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode!

Linda's final scene was brilliant!

Remain more convinced than ever that the killer is Peter. I hope not, cause I love him and it would be a great loss if it ended up being him.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about you but DTC should have spoken to at least 8 people so they can portray their characters a bit more suspiciously so that when it comes to the reveal it's not out of the blue!

I know the actor/actress is being informed in January. Isn't that too late to start portraying guilt in the run up to the 19th Feb?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I don't know about you but DTC should have spoken to at least 8 people so they can portray their characters a bit more suspiciously so that when it comes to the reveal it's not out of the blue!

I know the actor/actress is being informed in January. Isn't that too late to start portraying guilt in the run up to the 19th Feb?

Depends. Didn't they also say that the person responsible wouldn't know they're responsible?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

People in episodes have acted suspiciously when you think about it, like for example Peter, Abi were both shifty at Phil and Sharon's wedding after the speech.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She's entitled to a sex life and it's none of Ian's business
    The tax payer is entitled to expect to do her job when she is on duty. >:(
    Emma is buggered.
    TMI
    Godfather is better than godfather part 2
    Without Godfather, there would be no Godfather 2.
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Why doesn't Nancy have a family meal and then pay for her to have a night out with her friends and brothers?

She is old enough to organise her own birthday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    Tam was good tonight. He and Nancy could be good. Nice scenes in the past. But not Nancy and Dexter. :(

I like Charlie and Ronnie.

Poor Linda. Again. They must do something...

Charlie and Ronnie have great chemistry.

I agree that Nancy would be much better with Tamwar. But how she could pass up a catch like Dexter? He told her she should make more of an effort with her appearance while talking with his mouth full and compared her to her mother. It would take a superhuman effort to resist such charm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Not to be rude but I cant really understand what Dexter says. I know he said he think Nancy should be a model like her mother, but what else was he saying?
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Charlie and Ronnie have great chemistry, good move pairing them up.

A lot of people are calling for Nancy to have a big s/l but if she had one alongside the others going on at the mo people would then start complaining that there is too much coverage of the Carters.( Having said that, there is too much of Mick/Linda imo). There is plenty of time for her to have her own s/l next year. At the mo she is supporting her family and I think that's fine.

I really missed Shirley in the Carter scenes. And Babe actually.

Stan is AMAZING. Such a shame about Tim West leaving.

I feel for Linda and I understand the seriousness of the story but how many more eps are going to open and close on her crying? It's too much. They need to have other stuff going on as well.

Keeble, I couldn't love her anymore tbh.

Is there anyone left who hasn't slept with Max? ^_^
  • misshollandmissholland Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Its agonising watching Linda . Not sure I can watch it much longer , its too sad

It's agonizing because it's so boring and dragged out for too long. ^_^
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's agonizing because it's so boring and dragged out for too long. ^_^

For you . For me , and that was my opinion , its painful to watch Lindas distress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I find Emma's reasoning baffling. She doesn't spend much time with family and friends so she was attracted to Max? :confused:

She found the time to be shagging him outside of work, so go home and spend that time with your family you dull bitch.

I think she meant that she invests so much time and emotion in her job that the boundaries between her profession and personal life got blurred. Emma is not strong enough to do such an emotionally charged job.
    Not to be rude but I cant really understand what Dexter says. I know he said he think Nancy should be a model like her mother, but what else was he saying?

I'll have a go at translating Dexter. I think this is everything he said at the party. It was a bad idea to have a character who is already difficult to understand talk with his mouth full.

"Could have made a bit of an effort then."
    "I'm only joking. You know you don't need to. I think ya could be a model."
    "Mmm. Ever thought about it? I mean like your mum" [Snicker, snicker]
    (He says something unintelligible while Nancy mentions this to Linda).
    "No, no. I didn't say that. I just said ... (stammer) ... she's got good genes."
    "It's about that photo from a hundred years ago."
    "She put it up there. I mean everyone's seen it."
    "Look, listen. It was just a laugh, yeah."