Heart Manchester...If only!

12346»

Comments

• chandleochandleo Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    The alternative bidder to my mind could be an interesting one - "funded by private equity" could indicate another Global ready to make other purchases to consolidate and game change the industry further.

Branson maybe? He has talked in the past about bringing the Virgin Radio brand back to the UK, and not all of the Virgin Radio stations round the world are rock based - Virgin Radio Dubai for instance plays Top 40 stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Just to put it into basic terms for people including myself.

How likely is Heart Manchester 105.4?

Serious Question. Given the news over the past days.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    No all I want is for heart to be on fm in Manchester I keep saying that. I know it will, apart from b fast and drive, come from London. That doesn't bother me. I just want heart on fm in Manchester in my car etc

I think it's a pretty safe bet that heart would replace real. Heart is such a strong radio brand. Heart needs to reach northern areas of the uk to really be a uk national, advertisers will be made up im sure.

Hit if all you want is to be able to hear it in the car why not either buy a DAB radio to install in the car or pop to any large branch of Tesco Asda and co and buy a dab portable. Less than £20 now.Works in the car or anywhere else :p
    Ive no problem with you liking Heart in the same way as I love LBC incidentally another GLOBAL brand .:o
    But would I be right in saying that if I was to request that FM was given over to LBC YOU wouldnt like it?:confused:
    Be honest you would be the first to say well its already on DAB,its not Manchester based In fact you would put forward EVERY argument we all have to you :D
    All im trying to say is that Im sure many more people would be happier to get a totally new LOCAL station as opposed to a regional roll out of a station that a large number of people can already receive if they wish to.
    DAB Radio and digital tv are the way forward.Prices are coming down and probably in the next 10 years FM will be switched off anyway and we wont have this topic to argue about anymore.Best wishes anyhow:)
  • Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say the "will they, won't they" element of the Media Week article is back-covering in case there's a hitch.

They clearly know advanced discussions are underway. Of course they could fail until the deal's signed (and indeed afterwards if the Competition Commission spits the dummy). But in answer to the question above, Heart 105.4 Northwest looks a better than evens bet, I'd say.
  • Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Park wrote: »
    Just to put it into basic terms for people including myself.

How likely is Heart Manchester 105.4?

Serious Question. Given the news over the past days.

If GMG goes for Global's offer then it becomes definately Heart 105.4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Then I switch off and find another station to listen to;)
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart 105.4 Manchester would be news of the Century!
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member

Nice ;)
  • acefee311acefee311 Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also Century/Real North East too. Would it be Heart 100-102 or would they have individualizes frequencies instead, with 100.7 fm being the best of the signals in the region reaching right down the yorkshire coast.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you know why I didn't buy a DAB for my car! HEART 105.4 IS COMING!
  • jeffrey4670jeffrey4670 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Will be pleased to be able to listen in the car to 106.2 Heart Yorkshire, provided all the rumours follow though. Heart DAB is not up to it.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Now you know why I didn't buy a DAB for my car! HEART 105.4 IS COMING!

Ive just bumped this thread up here just for those who didnt understand what I meant in my comments on the Global thread .....which have now more than likely been deleted:eek:
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Nice ;)

Heart 106-108 Yorkshire. A REAL bonus, come on hurry up and get it sorted!
  • crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    105.4 HEART NORTHWEST! Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for dull radio?:D
  • crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iam just glad we have Free Radio in the West Midlands,i would hate to live in an area dominated by just Heart!
  • krob2krob2 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank heavens for Ipods - at least with one of those I can choose a wider selection of music, theres no annoying PPI & comparison website ads, and as Heart,Capital have very little news/local content of any value I'm not missing much there either.

Really I can't believe any one would want Heart!
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    krob2 wrote: »
    Thank heavens for Ipods - at least with one of those I can choose a wider selection of music, theres no annoying PPI & comparison website ads, and as Heart,Capital have very little news/local content of any value I'm not missing much there either.

Really I can't believe any one would want Heart!

It's all to do with personal taste - as in all areas of life!
    Forum Member
    krob2 wrote: »
    Really I can't believe any one would
    want Heart!

Why not!

All I want is to hear background music and something to drive home to.

Tonight on my drive home, there was 5 tracks in a row and no idle chatting.

How different is Heart to radio 1 in the 70s. Tracks that were constantly repeated, oh no not that song again! they only played that an hour ago!

No interest in a couple of loud & gobby presenters on a morning, infact, not interested in any presenters! As for travel, there is BBC local radio.
    Ads! can't do much about them, as PPI is on all TV & Radio stations. If I want to be entertained, then I turn to the BBC.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not!

All I want is to hear background music and something to drive home to.

Tonight on my drive home, there was 5 tracks in a row and no idle chatting.

How different is Heart to radio 1 in the 70s. Tracks that were constantly repeated, oh no not that song again! they only played that an hour ago!

No interest in a couple of loud & gobby presenters on a morning, infact, not interested in any presenters! As for travel, there is BBC local radio.
    Ads! can't do much about them, as PPI is on all TV & Radio stations. If I want to be entertained, then I turn to the BBC.

Jack FM sounds more your thing then than Heart :)