Options

Police beat up and kidnapped 12-year-old black girl

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They went to her school to arrest her for assaulting a PEACE officer. Is this even real.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    The article is a bit confusing -or is it me?
    It never says that the kidnappers were police but then speaks as if the reader is supposed to have known that, by the time the arrest is mentioned. And it never says what their excuse was for doing it in the first place.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The story is 8 years old.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They then charged her with assaulting the police officers? WTF?

Like the guy that was beaten senseless in jail, then charged with destruction of public property because he bled on the uniforms.

America needs to weed out these bad apples operating as po-po officers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like the guy that was beaten senseless in jail, then charged with destruction of public property because he bled on the uniforms.

No no she got charged with assaulting a peace officer. :confused:
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If what's been said is true then I think there's something extremely dodgy about the officers going after the child in the first place.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article is a bit confusing -or is it me?
    It never says that the kidnappers were police but then speaks as if the reader is supposed to have known that, by the time the arrest is mentioned. And it never says what their excuse was for doing it in the first place.

Not really. You might prefer to read this summary instead http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/08/26/Parents_Say_Four_Cops_Beat_Girl_12.htm or a PDF copy of the suit: http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/08/26/GalvestonCops.pdf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no she got charged with assaulting a peace officer. :confused:

A peace officer is the same thing as the police isn't it? I just thought it was a fancier title they gave themselves when they are beating you up. ;-)
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story is 8 years old.

But relevant considering the recent story with the Django Unchained actress who got wrongly arrested for the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »

So they had a call that there were prostitutes in the area and a drug deal was going down, I'm not saying they were racially profiling but... "It was ultimately learned that the dispatch call the officers were responding to reported three white females soliciting one white male and one black male drug dealers."

Nah I can't think how they mistook a young black girl for 3 white females (or a black male), but if someone else can I'm all ears. :D
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

America

?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Is this the latest thing now; using stories like this and the "kid jailed for dorking around with statue of jesus" one to suggest that yanks are just as crazy as jihadis or something? :confused:
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Is this the latest thing now; using stories like this and the "kid jailed for dorking around with statue of jesus" one to suggest that yanks are just as crazy as jihadis or something? :confused:

Uh, no. Rather that the police are crazy. The ones in this country aren't any better tbh and are certainly less proactive.
  • Options
    Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    Breaking News:

Al Capone's vice ring broken up.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union Jock wrote: »
    Breaking News:

Al Capone's vice ring broken up.

Whoosh!

The point is that this is so unremarkable that it doesn't make the news unless it's someone famous - even when it's a child they want to seize of the street and abuse.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Really? Is that all you took away from this? It doesn't bother you that they've physically abused a 12-year-old in her own front garden? Or that they're still slippery as **** with their explanations years later?

Oh, wait. What was I thinking? Unless it features somebody famous, chavvy or Muslim, nobody should care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the fact she is black is relevant because...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Red John wrote: »
    And the fact she is black is relevant because...?
    Because it shows they considered it a reason to suspect her.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Really? Is that all you took away from this? It doesn't bother you that they've physically abused a 12-year-old in her own front garden? Or that they're still slippery as **** with their explanations years later?

Oh, wait. What was I thinking? Unless it features somebody famous, chavvy or Muslim, nobody should care.

Those involved, and in the area, at the time did care.

I'm not sure what we can do, or say all this time later that shows we care, and that those involved even know.

The OP doesn't like the Police, and believes they're all racist thugs, so a story like this, however old, is a means to cause a bit of a fuss in a forum that is becoming a bit dull these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it shows they considered it a reason to suspect her.

Where is the evidence for that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nowhere, other than the fact that there's no other apparent reason they would.
    I need evidence to make up my mind about something, not to guess.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    But relevant considering the recent story with the Django Unchained actress who got wrongly arrested for the same thing.

This story?
    "The Los Angeles Police Department addressed the incident Sunday, saying that its officers responded to a caller complaint that a male and a female were involved in indecent exposure inside a Silver Mercedes 'with the vehicle door open.'"
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Immigration thread = shock and outrage
    12 year old girl gets beaten by 4 plain clothes policeman, who received no jail time from what they did = who cares

Shows if nothing else the morality of some DS forum members.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

GALVESTON (CN) - Four plainclothes Galveston police officers beat a 12-year-old girl in the head in her own yard, beat her with a flashlight, accused her of being a prostitute and threatened to shoot her puppy, while responding to a call about white prostitutes, the girl's parents claim in Federal Court. The girl, an honor student, who was dressed in gym shorts and a T-shirt when the cops beat her, is black.