rattie wrote: »
    You're a racist then?

What a ridiculous comment

So by definition so's Murray
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for everyone.

Well done Scotland, I'm really pleased you are still with us.:)

Aaw thanks. It's great to be here. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salmond didn't look so smug this morning :)
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    What a ridiculous comment

So by definition so's Murray

Not ridiculous at all. Disliking people just because of their country of origin is prejudice is it not. That's what's ridiculous. Andy Murray never said he couldn't stand English people.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My condolences to the Scots, it's an opportunity missed.
    I can understand the fear, but in the months/years/decades to come it's a decision you will live to regret. It's basically a vote for "more of the same please" and looking around are you really satisfied with the status quo ? I'm not, but I didn't have the opportunity to change things down here.

Revolution will come before Scottish regret has a chance to seep into decades. The current political capitalist system is nearing the end. Everything will be devolved.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Scotland staying in the Union so it was cool to see that result come through. I think we have a better global identity together. The intricate collaboration of people on both sides of the boarder across a wide spectrum of society and life (from sports to businesses), the rich and unique history these islands have, all add up to this being in my view the best situation as long as Scotland is afforded as much control as it makes sense to give.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    So the No camp had 25% more votes than the Yes camp. Hardly close.

A 45/55 is a relatively close referendum in all truth, depending on how you look at it of course.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Red John wrote: »

Unfortunately Alistair Darling did. I nearly regurgitated my cornflakes when I saw his big smug mug on the TV.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red John wrote: »

No, but do the smug faces of Alistair Darling, William Hague and Danny Alexander make you feel all warm inside. Just been watching them, sick inducing.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    My condolences to the Scots, it's an opportunity missed.
    I can understand the fear, but in the months/years/decades to come it's a decision you will live to regret. It's basically a vote for "more of the same please" and looking around are you really satisfied with the status quo ? I'm not, but I didn't have the opportunity to change things down here.

You get that opportunity in the general election fool. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Alistair Darling did. I nearly regurgitated my cornflakes when I saw his big smug mug on the TV.

This photo made me laugh http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/9/19/336834/default/v1/three-politicians-comp-1-626x352.jpg
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Vulpes wrote: »
    Revolution will come before Scottish regret has a chance to seep into decades. The current political capitalist system is nearing the end. Everything will be devolved.

Look at what happened to Yugoslavia. That's devo max.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Not ridiculous at all. Disliking people just because of their country of origin is prejudice is it not. That's what's ridiculous. Andy Murray never said he couldn't stand English people.

You misread the sentence. The poster wrote

"I can't stand that Andy Murray!!! Can't stand the English, but happy for them to cheer him... " etc

The poster was obviously referring to Andy Murray as the person who can't stand the English, not themselves.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I am relieved and I'm glad all this talk can be put to rest. I don't know if I'll see another referendum in my lifetime but for the time being I am happy with the result.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »

"I can't stand that Andy Murray!!! Can't stand the English, but happy for them to cheer him... " etc

The poster was obviously referring to Andy Murray as the person who can't stand the English, not themselves.

Well said but don't let the facts get in the way of a racist rant
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so upset right now. :(
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »

Thanks for that. You're right, it seems I read the sentence in a different way and unfortunately the way it was phrased meant it could be read in such a way.

That's cleared that up then :)
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a racist then?

Read the post PROPERLY!!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 1 thread? I am impressed.

I actually half expected a very narrow yes vote to be honest, however I think overall it's the right result.

Hope it doesn't cause too much bad feeling and unrest though.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    A 45/55 is a relatively close referendum in all truth, depending on how you look at it of course.

Interesting interpetation.

In my book it was pretty decisive - Salmond got smoked
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Interesting interpetation.

In my book it was pretty decisive - Salmond got smoked

To be fair YES weren't expected to win, they had two polls in the past 2 years showing a narrow YES win and literally 100s saying no.

For a large parts of this campaign time YES was way down in the 30s. To pull it to as close as 45%, wasn't a bad result I don't think. Scotland was never going to vote YES, it was about honestly how close YES could get, realistically speaking anyway.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 1 thread? I am impressed.

I actually half expected a very narrow yes vote to be honest, however I think overall it's the right result.

Hope it doesn't cause too much bad feeling and unrest though.

There was only 1 thread - on the first page - when I posted!!
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have friends and family in Scotland and they have said neighbours, families and even couples have seen relationships strained and even destroyed by this referendum. I think local communities will take a long time to recover

Salmons has a lot to answer for
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    To be fair YES weren't expected to win, they had two polls in the past 2 years showing a narrow YES win and literally 100s saying no.

For a large parts of this campaign time YES was way down in the 30s. To pull it to as close as 45%, wasn't a bad result I don't think. Scotland was never going to vote YES, it was about honestly how close YES could get, realistically speaking anyway.

I am surprised that so much money and time and effort was invested in having a referendum and having a 2 year long debate just for YES to see how close it could get to winning but not actually win....
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least only 45% of the Scottish population hate our guts so that's a relief. Thank goodness for immigration pushing up the No vote.