Options

marmitek gigavideo 80...new product?..anyone got?

Webuser magazine highlighted a new product on the market in their latest issue called 'gigavideo80'.....available at

http://www.marmitek.com/

it streams tv content to another tv in your home. i.e. from a satellite or cable tv to another and you can watch whatever you want on the second set no matter whats being viewed on the first......no cables involved....it appears wireless. is this a cheap way of getting sky tv on a second set without having to pay any additional subscriptions?. After reading webusers slant on it i am very interested in whether anyone has this....and if so how does it perform.........it does not appear to be for sale in the UK yet....does this matter?.......it can be delivered from europe.

can someone with knowledge in this area please comment...many thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,506
    Forum Member
    I could be wrong but either you have misunderstood the article, or Webuser have got it @rse around tit!

This is just a normal video sender. It has 2 inputs, so you could (for example) be sat in the "receiving room" watching Sky and then change your mind and chose to switch to your DVD ... but you couldn't watch one sky channel in one room and another in a second room.

Here's the link
  • Options
    jb1468jb1468 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    thanks A-friend. I know little about it so I will take your word for it. Web user definetly quoted

'...you can watch whatever you want on the second set no matter whats being viewed on the first...' (just rechecked article...word for word quote)

disapointing as i liked the idea!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,506
    Forum Member
    That is very dodgy wording ... i imagine that a number of people will, like you, take this to mean that you can watch two sky channels but infact it means (for example) watch a DVD in room 1 and sky in room 2 even though both the DVD player and Sky are located in room 1.

I reckon that is definitely a paid-for article, or written by someone who has read the press release from the manufacturer and was on a tight deadline so couldn't be bothered to do their own research!